SportsWrath

Tommy "Who needs a rubber" DiVito

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

He should be at least a decent backup QB in the league, at this point. I don't want to get ahead of myself and make any other predictions.

He is Purdy, Purdy good the last 5 games....and is improving, not regressing, week to week. 

Stranger things have been known to happen.

C. Wagon

46 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

He is Purdy, Purdy good the last 5 games....and is improving, not regressing, week to week. 

Stranger things have been known to happen.

C. Wagon

If he has a strong final 4 games of the season, you gotta stick with him as the starter in 2024 until he proves he's not capable.

23 minutes ago, mastershake said:

If he has a strong final 4 games of the season, you gotta stick with him as the starter in 2024 until he proves he's not capable.

He deserves to play out the season. I am not sure how high his ceiling is. 

37 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I am with you. His improvement has been experiential ...but against 3 weak teams. Two Philly games in the next four weeks...plus two bubble teams in LA and NO we are going to find out a lot.

C. Wagon

17 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I said it in the game thread, I’m not making any predictions about his future. But if Daniel jones was playing at exactly this level the talk wouldn’t be about who his replacement would be next year. 

Exactly....that is because  113.9 passing rating and 8 yard a carry rushing average is top tier NFL QB play

C. Wagon

DeVito is playing fine, and I'm starting to think he can be a capable NFL backup moving forward. 

I think what's really behind the Giants success the past few weeks though is that the roster has remained more or less consistent.  It's tough to win a game when you're throwing to two guys that you never practiced with...actually three guys, the other one just got hurt... and your o-lineman... actually wait, three of those are out and there's two guys... no wait, one guy from week one is back so now... and our week 1 WR is back in... oh wait, another guy is out so there's three guys out again... 

11 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

DeVito is playing fine, and I'm starting to think he can be a capable NFL backup moving forward. 

I think what's really behind the Giants success the past few weeks though is that the roster has remained more or less consistent.  It's tough to win a game when you're throwing to two guys that you never practiced with...actually three guys, the other one just got hurt... and your o-lineman... actually wait, three of those are out and there's two guys... no wait, one guy from week one is back so now... and our week 1 WR is back in... oh wait, another guy is out so there's three guys out again... 

Injuries just destroyed this team.

The bye really helped. 

Tommy is going to end up with a Ryan Fitzpatrick career. Bounce around to 12 different teams and be the guy for a year until a tan drafts their real guy. And every time he comes in to start a game the fans will go ape shit. He’ll have a legendary career as a fan favorite across the league because he has fun both playing and as a caricature. 

Lets say he continues to grow as a player.  Keeps showing the improvement week to week in his play.  Continues to be that offensive spark.  

Plays well and beats the Saints.

Plays well and keeps us competitive against the Eagles. 

Plays well and either beats or is competitive against the Rams.

Plays well and beats the Eagles. 

And lets say he becomes more than a game manager, but really starts putting some offensive production together.  A couple 300 yard 2+ TD performances and is a difference maker on the offense and the O is scoring 20+ each game, sprinkling in 30 points in a couple of those games. 

At what point, if this happens, do you say we don't draft a QB and Tommy deserves a legit shot to start next season.  

11 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Lets say he continues to grow as a player.  Keeps showing the improvement week to week in his play.  Continues to be that offensive spark.  

Plays well and beats the Saints.

Plays well and keeps us competitive against the Eagles. 

Plays well and either beats or is competitive against the Rams.

Plays well and beats the Eagles. 

And lets say he becomes more than a game manager, but really starts putting some offensive production together.  A couple 300 yard 2+ TD performances and is a difference maker on the offense and the O is scoring 20+ each game, sprinkling in 30 points in a couple of those games. 

At what point, if this happens, do you say we don't draft a QB and Tommy deserves a legit shot to start next season.  

I think if this is the case you take a guy that falls with one of the two second round picks (maybe a McCarthy or Sanders) and let all three guys compete for the spot.