SportsWrath

So I'm going to ask once again... what the fuck are we doing?

Sephiroth

Just now, gmenroc said:

Would not shock me.  Also, the conspiracy theorist in me says the Giants put him in a royally shitty position on purpose because they learned early he is not the guy and injury is easiest way to get out from that contract.

Is there an injury clause? I know there's an out after year 2 where he's only a 7 million cap hit for two seasons.

48 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Is there an injury clause? I know there's an out after year 2 where he's only a 7 million cap hit for two seasons.

Yeah it’s more dead money if we cut him while he’s injured.  23 mil guaranteed for injury in 2025

I will say after watching Dobbs who didn't have a single practice rep with the Vikings lead a fourth quarter comeback makes me wonder how hard Schoen and Co even tried to look for a backup QB lol 

Granted maybe they just don't care this year much like us fans.

11 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Funny thing is, Jones wasn’t a runner quite like this in college. He grew, and got faster. 

he was an ok runner in college. But just ok.

:laugh: He missed his calling as a runner bro.  He should have focused on his throwing skills more so.

7 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Would not shock me.  Also, the conspiracy theorist in me says the Giants put him in a royally shitty position on purpose because they learned early he is not the guy and injury is easiest way to get out from that contract.

Ayup... shitty but the business way to do things.  Me... I would have just bit the bullet and told him he is a stop gap QB.  No more... no less.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I will say after watching Dobbs who didn't have a single practice rep with the Vikings lead a fourth quarter comeback makes me wonder how hard Schoen and Co even tried to look for a backup QB lol 

Granted maybe they just don't care this year much like us fans.

The tank is in...

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

should have been a receiver or tight end. 

So true... he could have been a TE and saved us all of the angst.  Did this boy come from Duke?  We should NEVER pick up a College QB from Duke.  Duke is isolated and insulated enough to make any QB, DA MAN on campus no matter how essentially talent less they are for the NFL.  I hope he recovers and gets to an announcement booth as soon as possible or shags a gig on the Bachelor with former Giants backup Super Bowl winning talent less QB Jesse Palmer.  Who backed up Eli in that first Super Bowl against the "perfect" Patsies. :laugh:  My theory still holds if he did not go to Duke.  DJ was the mang on his campus in college, you can just smell it.  It is a prerequisite.  He was drafted too high and was given the keys to the kingdom on the false premise that he had overall NFL level talent at QB.  Even with shit teams around them you could tell that Eli,Warner, Collins, Simms, Hostetler, and Tarkenton, all had that "IT" factor.  At best DJ is an also ran up there with Graham, Kanell and the like.  Not someone to build a franchise or future around.  It is time to move on from this investment.  The experiment has failed and this ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

So true... he could have been a TE and saved us all of the angst.  Did this boy come from Duke?  We should NEVER pick up a College QB from Duke.  Duke is isolated and insulated enough to make any QB, DA MAN on campus no matter how essentially talent less they are for the NFL.  I hope he recovers and gets to an announcement booth as soon as possible or shags a gig on the Bachelor with former Giants backup Super Bowl winning talent less QB Jesse Palmer.  Who backed up Eli in that first Super Bowl against the "perfect" Patsies. :laugh:  My theory still holds if he did not go to Duke.  DJ was the mang on his campus in college, you can just smell it.  It is a prerequisite.  He was drafted too high and was given the keys to the kingdom on the false premise that he had overall NFL level talent at QB.  Even with shit teams around them you could tell that Eli,Warner, Collins, Simms, Hostetler, and Tarkenton, all had that "IT" factor.  At best DJ is an also ran up there with Graham, Kanell and the like.  Not someone to build a franchise or future around.  It is time to move on from this investment.  The experiment has failed and this ship has sailed.

Jesse Palmer was out of the league by the time Eli won his first ring. 

If DJ were on the Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Colts, Lions, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, 49ers, etc we're having a different discussion about Daniel Jones today. These are organizations who believe in offensive lines.

The Daboll system was what it was for a reason "If your first read isn't there, just fucking run for it"

45 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Jesse Palmer was out of the league by the time Eli won his first ring. 

Thanks man... I get confused post stroke.  He did win a ring a back up did he not...or went to a Super Bowl under Collins?  Thanks for the fact check.

5 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Thanks man... I get confused post stroke.  He did win a ring a back up did he not...or went to a Super Bowl under Collins?  Thanks for the fact check.

neither. He was between the 2 super bowls. 

He has a pretty good career outside of football though. 

3 hours ago, Herc said:

I may or may not watch him on bachelor in paradise every week 

I love the sheer madness of Bachelor in Paradise with 20 somethings professing life long love (and not lust) for people they have known for all of five minutes to one WHOLE DAY!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

26 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I love the sheer madness of Bachelor in Paradise with 20 somethings professing life long love (and not lust) for people they have known for all of five minutes to one WHOLE DAY!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah as long as you skip the dates the show is hysterical.  Those people are on another planet 

4 hours ago, Herc said:

Yeah as long as you skip the dates the show is hysterical.  Those people are on another planet 

Just unreal bro.. I hate the dates as well.  I tell my 22 and 20 year old college girls to ignore any dating advice from that show.  I don't expect their first serious boyfriends before age 25 and no marriage please before 30.  People are too immature. :laugh:

Just take a look at these pieces of shit journalists interviewing DJ after his torn ACL - like not even a shred of dignity. The guy just tore his ACL and is out for the season and these assholes were asking him, looks like the Giants will draft a QB high in the next draft and does this mean this is the end for you? This is why Ive always felt DJ is all class - he still answered those questions like a gentleman. I hold him and high regard and hope he has a successful career ahead.

High class and realistic...he knew those questions were gonna come and likely had some idea how he wanted to respond the night he got injured.

That said, class and decency don't mean shit when you're staring down a receiver, throwing picks, holding onto the ball too long, or can't stay healthy.  Is it all his fault, no...but he is very much culpable in this debacle of a season and in the 5 years he has neen here.

He got drafted as Eli 2.0 due to off field demeanor and on field potential.  Of those two things, he's nailed 1 of 2.  But the one he nailed is the gravy on a pretty shitty pile of potatoes.