SportsWrath

Another year of shit?

Firstnten

Team looked like what it was... a team playing in a torrential downpour that played literally one series of football in the past seven months. 

If we drop the next two I'll cancel my YouTube TV subscription.  Season'll be over. 

I will say though... who fucking thought it was OK to trot out these guards as starters?  We can't even kick the tires on a Dalton Risner or an Andrew Norwell?  I mean... can they be worse than these guys? 

I still maintain it's an 8 or 9 win team. They're definitely going 0-4 vs the Eagles and Cowboys, and beyond that going 8-5 or 9-4 against the remaining comp at this point seems best case scenario.

A 7-10 team also wouldn't surprise me.

The Giants continue to insist on going into the season without a competent offensive line.

We have a $40M QB, $12M RB, and a $10M TE....and it doesn't mean shit because the OL can't block, plus has penalties every set of downs.

https://www.nfl.com/games/cowboys-at-giants-2023-reg-1?active-tab=highlights

Here are some pointed player observations. I don't need to say anything about Evan Neal since anyone watching knows he was a disaster, or the OL in general, but for the defense:

- Kayvon Thibs continues to get bounced around and driven 3-7 yards down the field on running plays. No anchor whatseover; see the highlights above. Meanwhile, his pass rush still hasn't arrived. Similarly Ojulari as well.

- Micah McFadden is a practice squad caliber player, who's playing ~75% of our defensive snaps.

- Leonard Williams is a $32M cap hit, and he too was getting bounced around, and playing like backup/back of the roster type guy.

- Jihan Ward: I don't get why the staff or anyone like this guy.

- Adoree Jackson: Why did we move him to the slot, when he was doing great as an outside CB? That move seems to be ill advised so far.

@TheAthletic
No team has ever

️ Lost 40-0 or worse
️ Lost the sack battle 7-0 or worse
️ Lost the turnover battle 3-0 (or worse)
️ Had a blocked FG returned for a TD
️ Threw a pick-6

in the same 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣. 

The Giants did it all in one 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚.

I am getting so much shit at work today I am about to go home sick. And from girls who don't even know anything about football. My 13 year old granddaughter was giving me shit last night and she barely knows anything about the game except the score. 

It's enough to make a man wanna switch teams. Although, I guess that means I'd be straight again, which wouldn't be so bad. 

Fuckin' Giants!

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

@TheAthletic
No team has ever

️ Lost 40-0 or worse
️ Threw a pick-6

in the same 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣. 

Lol 

Went into work and had to eat a big ol' pile of shit eating grins from the other football fans here.

Forgot how bad it really was till I read this.

Fucking offense from the guards to Jones, to any WR not named Waller needs to be replaced next year. 

Saquon probably leaves since it's another year or two of building.

What a shit show of historical proportion. 

Also I didn't expect us to beat the 'Boys it's or Philly this year, just the Washington team of players who make the football game. 

Not like we were world beaters last year, and now teams have a had a year to watch and study the Giants and Dabolls/coaches  tendencies.

So this was to be expected at some point.

I just didn't think it would be a historically bad record setting beating which could make or break a year. 

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

@TheAthletic
No team has ever

️ Lost 40-0 or worse
️ Threw a pick-6

in the same 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣. 

I knew that the Giants would break records this year.

Holy shit is this true? I mean that no team had ever done all five things in one season.

1 minute ago, Firstnten said:

I knew that the Giants would break records this year.

Holy shit is this true? I mean that no team had ever done all five things in one season.

I don’t see why they’d decide to go satire out of nowhere.  I didn’t look it up but I’m assuming it’s true. 

7 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Team looked like what it was... a team playing in a torrential downpour that played literally one series of football in the past seven months. 

If we drop the next two I'll cancel my YouTube TV subscription.  Season'll be over. 

I will say though... who fucking thought it was OK to trot out these guards as starters?  We can't even kick the tires on a Dalton Risner or an Andrew Norwell?  I mean... can they be worse than these guys? 

I agree with my Druid Brother with a full heart.  This was pure disgrace.

2 hours ago, K3VIN said:

It’s still a roster with lots of holes and game manager QB. I don’t see more then 8 or 9 wins if that 

As I call Jones... THE RETURN OF DANNY KANNEL FROM THE FASSELL ERA... ECHO...ECHO...ECHO...

This is when the term game manager was born.  40M of Game Manager who threatened to sit out.  He is no Simms, Eli, Hostetler, Collins, YA Tittle, and/or Tarkenton.  Seen too much Giants football since 1968 to think otherwise.

On the bright side, it's one loss.    Wether you lose by one or 100, it's the same.    It was a brutal wakeup call (so much for my usual 20-0 prediction of course).    I had to bring my 2 year old to bed at the half... when I came downstairs and saw the score 33-0, I called it a night.   I needed some sleep anyway.      

Everything hinges on how we respond against the Cards this week - the Cards game couldnt have come at a better time and from the last game - their Defense actually played well. A beatdown on the Cards will restore some confidence - because Game 1 was deflating. That OL better have been ripped a new one by the entire staff.

I watched the game break down again against the Dallas - man they pulled some seriously creative stunts in pass rush - obviously loading up on the right side - but still, some of those stunts left our OL clueless - esp when they knew we cant run the ball anymore.

On 9/12/2023 at 2:36 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

I woke up at 5am to watch the game - in 15 min it was 16-0 without the Cowboys doing a single thing worthwhile on offense - then they just pinned their ears back and rushed the fuck out of us and we moved away from the run game inexplicably. It was over then and there.

9 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

What Iceman wrote is totally true... I started surfing then started playing a video game and turned on the radio feed here.  Turned off the TV and just listened to the radio. 

I was officially done when Jones threw that second pick... about the same time I turned off the playoff game last year.  i just knew we were done and there was no reason to keep watching.