SportsWrath

Another year of shit?

Firstnten

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I was officially done when Jones threw that second pick... about the same time I turned off the playoff game last year.  i just knew we were done and there was no reason to keep watching. 

Yes bro... I am totally with you.  We have other things to do and no time to waste.  I guess I am used to when we have it... and when we don't.  I saw The Fumble live... so nothing can get me down.  The Giants were the Yankees of football and it is such a shame that the NFL, MLB, NBA and what not takes every opportunity to crap on NY teams.  Without us these leagues would literally be backwaters.

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Yes bro... I am totally with you.  We have other things to do and no time to waste.  I guess I am used to when we have it... and when we don't.  I saw The Fumble live... so nothing can get me down.  The Giants were the Yankees of football and it is such a shame that the NFL, MLB, NBA and what not takes every opportunity to crap on NY teams.  Without us these leagues would literally be backwaters.

Agreed.  In my younger days I felt some kind of loyalty to the team but these days, I understand it's just entertainment and if I'm not being entertained there's no reason to keep watching. 

22 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Agreed.  In my younger days I felt some kind of loyalty to the team but these days, I understand it's just entertainment and if I'm not being entertained there's no reason to keep watching. 

For sure Seph... It is the way of things.  Time is the most precious thing you can possess.  Try to spend most of it on things you enjoy and/or neutral.  No need to subject yourself the purely negative waste of time that a pummeling by the Broke Backs can result in.  Unless you are a Godforsaken Broke Back fan... then there is nothing I can do for you. :laugh:

14 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure Seph... It is the way of things.  Time is the most precious thing you can possess.  Try to spend most of it on things you enjoy and/or neutral.  No need to subject yourself the purely negative waste of time that a pummeling by the Broke Backs can result in.  Unless you are a Godforsaken Broke Back fan... then there is nothing I can do for you. :laugh:

Where the fuck is BadEgg?? BadEgg and mikmak dont participate much here? Yeah i feel the same. I started watching football pretty late - when I studied in the US - 1999 onwards but since then - Week 1 was quite possibly the absolute worst game in terms of being dominated Ive seen. Id watch till the last play earlier even if we were down 35-7 etc - but nowadays, you can see it in the team when they have quit - thats the point I also do it, switch it off, watch something else with the whisky quantities and the the volume on AC/DC, GNR, Scorpions etc slowly increasing.....

15 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Where the fuck is BadEgg?? BadEgg and mikmak dont participate much here? Yeah i feel the same. I started watching football pretty late - when I studied in the US - 1999 onwards but since then - Week 1 was quite possibly the absolute worst game in terms of being dominated Ive seen. Id watch till the last play earlier even if we were down 35-7 etc - but nowadays, you can see it in the team when they have quit - thats the point I also do it, switch it off, watch something else with the whisky quantities and the the volume on AC/DC, GNR, Scorpions etc slowly increasing.....

You have to do you bro... your time is precious.  No bigger fans than us... but it is time to turn off the lights.  I HATE late games... just HATE them.

On 9/15/2023 at 4:20 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

This is why I gave up on the Knicks.   I feared my heart couldn’t handle the terrible Giants of Dave… (refuse to mention his full name) and Danny Kennel… along with a sucky Knicks team that could never beat Michael Jordan (Jordan had stars around him while Ewing wanted the stage for himself)

5 hours ago, Nas said:

This is why I gave up on the Knicks.   I feared my heart couldn’t handle the terrible Giants of Dave… (refuse to mention his full name) and Danny Kennel… along with a sucky Knicks team that could never beat Michael Jordan (Jordan had stars around him while Ewing wanted the stage for himself)

Ewing wanted the stage for himself and the Knicks refused and I mean refused to pay for much less get consistent second option talent here.  There was time in the early 1990's that we could have gotten Reggie Miller... Mr. Three Point Shot and consistent outside guy.  He also hated Jordan and was THE GUY for the Indiana Pacers.  All I heard from casual fans and Knicks management was that Ewing and Miller could not get along.  FUCK THAT.  I am not asking them to marry and/or fuck each other... just get onto a court and play some ball.  Even the Detroit Pistons won two championships during the Jordan era because they embraced this doctrine of getting a good team on the court.  If they hate one another fine...just win a couple of championships.  We get stuck with hot and cold role players plus Ewing.  I gave up on the Knicks after Latrell Sprewel left and it became Nets for me.  My kids enjoy season tickets with their Godfather who has a box at Nets games.  The food and the atmosphere are so enjoyable.:TU: Yet their Godfather knows that if they can, the Nets will buy and/or develop the talent they need to go all the way.  The Knicks won't... a playoff appearance is good enough for the Knicks.  It has been that way since the 1980s.

• 3 weeks later...

Well aside from last year its been 10+ years of shit. And now once again we have to watch a 49er Eagles NFCC......Hurtz hasn't hit a stride yet really LMAO wait till that happens. 

Has anyone watched the all 22 film on these losers yet? I have and its not pretty.

Seems like Bobby Johnson can't coach the line to deal with stunts or twists I've never seen anything like it. In summary "Fuck That Guy"

49 minutes ago, Firstnten said:

Well aside from last year its been 10+ years of shit. And now once again we have to watch a 49er Eagles NFCC......Hurtz hasn't hit a stride yet really LMAO wait till that happens. 

Has anyone watched the all 22 film on these losers yet? I have and its not pretty.

Seems like Bobby Johnson can't coach the line to deal with stunts or twists I've never seen anything like it. In summary "Fuck That Guy"

Always a tough call between what the coaches may say and what the players are capable of executing...but yeah, offensive line is trash outside of Thomas, JMS, and Neal...tho Neal should get a shot at guard before he is trashed.  JMS...jury still out on him.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Always a tough call between what the coaches may say and what the players are capable of executing...but yeah, offensive line is trash outside of Thomas, JMS, and Neal...tho Neal should get a shot at guard before he is trashed.  JMS...jury still out on him.

trash outside of Neal?

Neal is trash too. 

31 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I agree he is trash at tackle thus far, but feel he could potentially be a good guard.  So before I throw him away, I'd give him that shot...

after his comments i say toss him. 

6 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Still better than those behind him...which says a lot about our roster

im not confident of that at this point.   It looks like we could toss Wink out there to block and he’d do better.