SportsWrath

Coughlin up for HOF

Herc

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Fucking do it. 

Took the Jags to the AFC championship, two ring with the Giants. 

Guy deserves the hall. 

Cannot neglect the good work he has done  off-field either.  I like when "good" guys get in.

Can’t argue with 2 rings and the overall career progression.   I think the way his face looked during that epic playoff game in Green Bay alone is hall of fame worthy.   His bust should include pink cheeks 😂 

4 hours ago, Nas said:

Can’t argue with 2 rings and the overall career progression.   I think the way his face looked during that epic playoff game in Green Bay alone is hall of fame worthy.   His bust should include pink cheeks 😂

By the end of the game his skin was ready to peel off his face. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, BlueInCanada said:

And he didn't get in. 

I imagine it will be next year.

This year they went with Air Coryell who should of been in many years ago. 

Jesus I thougt Air Coryell was there back in the 90s mang.  They are so backed up.  I am surprised that people know Dan Fouts and Air Coryell of the late 70s early 80s.  Fouts was one of the great passers.  Coryell was an offensive genius.

52 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Jesus I thougt Air Coryell was there back in the 90s mang.  They are so backed up.  I am surprised that people know Dan Fouts and Air Coryell of the late 70s early 80s.  Fouts was one of the great passers.  Coryell was an offensive genius.

Can't talk about the NFL without mentioning the guys who pioneered the passing offense.

21 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Can't talk about the NFL without mentioning the guys who pioneered the passing offense.

For sure man... Dan Fouts backed by Air Coryell was so smooth.  If they ever had a defense at least two Super Bowls would have been theirs.

17 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure man... Dan Fouts backed by Air Coryell was so smooth.  If they ever had a defense at least two Super Bowls would have been theirs.

Wasnt around to ever see those 70's/80s era football where either your defense would knock mother fuckers out, or would get 20+ points be scored on them.

Getting into football in the 90s it was kind of at that turning point where defenses needed to get faster to match the speed coming out on offence.

Glad NFL network does such a good job with all their documentary programs highlighting all the eras and pioneers of the time.

Amazing sport.

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Wasnt around to ever see those 70's/80s era football where either your defense would knock mother fuckers out, or would get 20+ points be scored on them.

Getting into football in the 90s it was kind of at that turning point where defenses needed to get faster to match the speed coming out on offence.

Glad NFL network does such a good job with all their documentary programs highlighting all the eras and pioneers of the time.

Amazing sport.

Yep the late 70's to early 80's was the era of knockout defenses and the RB/FB combo.  I swear to GOD that things that Lawrence Taylor did in his heyday would get him charged with assault these days.  Watching game film from the 80s is so different from the 2020s we exist in today.  One one play alone I saw three guys possibly concussed and two blows to the head.  They blew the whistle as a guy was planted into the ground... they lined up and played another down.  Today there would have been ten ejections, five suspensions and two court cases. :laugh:

A favorite play of defensive linemen from the 50s to mid 80s when it was outlawed at all levels.  It was disallowed in the pros by the late 70s.  Defensive linemen would slap the helmets of offensive linemen as soon as the play was started.  I mean slap as in WHAM rattle your ears and half concuse you slap.  This was to give the defensive lineman a headstart to the quarterback.  Offensive lineman could only block with their folded arms and could not extend their arms as that was illegal and automatic holding.  I can't imagine guys trying to block defensive guys with their arms crossed and no extending.