SportsWrath

Andrew Thomas.

BlueInCanada

Is there any one in the NFL playing at a higher level?

If he has another 8 or 9 years like this in him he's heading to the hall. 

I big reason for DJ even having a semblance of the year he has especially these last four week is because Thomas has shut the left side fucking down.

I'm gonna go order me a Thomas jersey right now actually. 

2 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I don't order jerseys except for lifetime Giants after they retire.  It's my luck that I get one and dude is on a different team the next year and not only that but he gets remembered for the new team.

Only happen to me once, it was Collins.  Then he came back…

I haven’t bought a jersey since my Feagles home blue.     

im not a big jersey guy, besides the Feagles I just have a cheap printed on numbers away Eli and and even rattier printed on numbers red Shockey.   I also have a weird quality sewn on numbers gray and red Tiki Jersey.    I always rock the Feagles though.  

If I buy another it will probably be a Strahan or like a throwback LT. Or maybe a guy like Jacobs. Love him, plus my cousin has a Bradshaw he wears frequently.  

I have an authentic LT blue and authentic Eli white.  I've got a replica Strahan SB jersey that I got real cheap right after the SB, but it is too small.  I pretty much just wear the LT jersey if I'm in a situation to wear a jersey (watching games at a sportsbar).  I did wear it to work Monday just cuz, but that was the first time.  

Gave a ton of replica jerseys to my nephew several years ago - Tiki, Shockey, Eli, Toomer, and a bunch more.  

9 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I don't order jerseys except for lifetime Giants after they retire.  It's my luck that I get one and dude is on a different team the next year and not only that but he gets remembered for the new team.

I don’t order jerseys because they never carry my size 😂 

I tried ordering DJ’s classic jerseys but wasn’t in the mood to wear it baggy.

The NFLSHOP is terrible.   Couldn’t find anything for my 2 year old.

I bought blue eli on a whim at a game and ordered a blue nicks when he was already gone.  I don’t think anyone should regret their jersey bc the guy isn’t in the ring of honor—it’s cool to be at a game and see jerseys from every era

1 hour ago, Herc said:

I bought blue eli on a whim at a game and ordered a blue nicks when he was already gone.  I don’t think anyone should regret their jersey bc the guy isn’t in the ring of honor—it’s cool to be at a game and see jerseys from every era

Given how I’ve been a DJ homer, I really wanted his throwback jersey size 38.    I had that for OBJ    and have no clue how it vanished when we moved…. It fit great.   I don’t want to buy a larger size.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Andrew Thomas is a straight fucking stud.  I thought he'd really start to bloom in his third year.  He reminded me a lot of Tyron Smith. 

Yeah both guys can go out and just maul with strength but they are both technically beyond sound as well. 

Honestly they need to lock down Thomas and do everything they can to not piss him off because LTs like him don't come around often. 

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah both guys can go out and just maul with strength but they are both technically beyond sound as well. 

Honestly they need to lock down Thomas and do everything they can to not piss him off because LTs like him don't come around often. 

I agree with this sentiment, but I'd much rather give him the fifth-year option this offseason and see what happens. 

The Giants Stadium turf has not been kind to our players, and I'd like to avoid a situation where we give him an extension in the offseason and he blows out a knee/back/any fucking thing and is 75% of the player that he was... and we're stuck with a big contract. 

22 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I agree with this sentiment, but I'd much rather give him the fifth-year option this offseason and see what happens. 

The Giants Stadium turf has not been kind to our players, and I'd like to avoid a situation where we give him an extension in the offseason and he blows out a knee/back/any fucking thing and is 75% of the player that he was... and we're stuck with a big contract. 

If we don't pay him, someone else will...regardless of field surface.  Lock him up as soon as possible.  Too crucial for Jones and Barkley not to have.

37 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I thought they’re taking care of the turf in this upcoming offseason.

3 hours ago, gmenroc said:

If we don't pay him, someone else will...regardless of field surface.  Lock him up as soon as possible.  Too crucial for Jones and Barkley not to have.

We have him locked up for two more years. With the team's injury history it's not worth the risk IMO. Let's see if he'd healthy and still good in two years and pay him then.

2 hours ago, Nas said:

I thought they’re taking care of the turf in this upcoming offseason.

I mean... yeah... but we hear that every year. Hopefully things are different with Shoen but I'll believe it when I see it.