SportsWrath

Playoff Game Day Eats

Sephiroth

2 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Barbecued lamb chops …… yes I know this sounds strange but I’m British and they are bloody lovely with warm real ale and roast potatoes…….. Go Giants !

That sounds good.

Though I have to admit, I'm surprised for an occasion like this you're not going with jellied eels and chips. I've heard it's an English culinary delight.

17 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

That sounds good.

Though I have to admit, I'm surprised for an occasion like this you're not going with jellied eels and chips. I've heard it's an English culinary delight.

Or a picked egg mate ….. followed by spotted dick 

3 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Barbecued lamb chops …… yes I know this sounds strange but I’m British and they are bloody lovely with warm real ale and roast potatoes…….. Go Giants !

NO fucking way. I have lamb chops I marinated last night ready for today game!!! It’s an Indian spice mix…   I’m going to eat it with rice and avocado.  

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

What're you all cooking today?

My son really wanted homemade pizza and wings for yesterday's game so we're doing the fallback option of chili and burgers today.

LET'S FUCKING GO!

An explosive combination

Baked beans, onions, cubanitos (diced peppers and tomatoes) all of them in the beans and hotdogs

1 hour ago, The P said:

I’m gonna make some soon, next weekend if we win today.   Probably mid-week or so if we lose. 

I'm a little worried.  I decided to use dried beans, soaked them overnight and the chili has been in the crock pot most of the day and the beans are still a touch hard.  Using the backup crock pot because I anticipated making a roast for my wife in the primary crockl pot, and the one I am using I think the low setgting is a little too low.  Turned it on high and my plan is to cookt he piss out of them. 

1 minute ago, Virginia Giant said:

I'm a little worried.  I decided to use dried beans, soaked them overnight and the chili has been in the crock pot most of the day and the beans are still a touch hard.  Using the backup crock pot because I anticipated making a roast for my wife in the primary crockl pot, and the one I am using I think the low setgting is a little too low.  Turned it on high and my plan is to cookt he piss out of them. 

Ahhh.  I’m of no help, I never use beans. 

2 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Oh I fucking love beans.  I know traditionally chili is made sans beans, but I love it with beans and ground beef.  

Im less of a traditionalist and more just a dude who doesn’t really care for beans.   

But I certainly won’t turn down a bowl of chili because of the beans.    Great thing about chili is trying peoples variations on it.