SportsWrath

Lions Game

UK-Giantsfan

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I don’t entirely blame him for the Hutchinson int, he dropped into coverage after rushing, and the way the play unfolded I’m not sure how Jones was supposed to see him. Just a good play call at just the right time.

He's in year 4.

He shouldnt be getting fooled by a DE dropping into the flat lol 

There's a lot to critize this game.

Jones is a big part of it anytime your QB throws multiple picks a game it should be.

Especially when he's in a contract year.

Barkley looked average and that was part of the problem.

Oline looked awful due to 4 injuries that was part of the problem. 

Secondary lost its best player that was part of the problem.

But yeah let's give Jones a pass for some reason.

Jones has had a pretty easy ride this year, it has to be said.

He's benefited from Barley having a MVP year.

Defenses don't tee off on our passing game so Jones has had time to make throws.

This one game where the defense clearly said "Ok Jones go do something" he put up a two INT day.

Sure WR is a weak position group but still a weak group doesn't make up for awful decisions or throws. 

It wasn't like last week when they were just dropping passes, he just didn't play a good game today.

It's that simple really.

No one on this team did. 

27 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

He’s pretty fast, maybe he can 

lol.   I just see a kid out there who's trying to make things happen... only if some of our WRs had the same drive.     The Lions shut down our running game and it was up to the OL and WR to help Jones... they didn't. 

The 6-1 start was great. It made me feel like watching and rooting for the Gmen again. The attitude was awesome.

Now, the last few games, I sorta feel like we're regressing. I'm starting to feel like it's the same old, same old. Honestly, I'll take the 6-1 start and no more wins IF there is improvement and consistency. I know this roster is going to get blown up and everyone is looking to the future, but if we couldn't get past the Lions, the rest of the schedule is just brutal. Not looking forward to Thanksgiving...at all. 

22 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

The 6-1 start was great. It made me feel like watching and rooting for the Gmen again. The attitude was awesome.

Now, the last few games, I sorta feel like we're regressing. I'm starting to feel like it's the same old, same old. Honestly, I'll take the 6-1 start and no more wins IF there is improvement and consistency. I know this roster is going to get blown up and everyone is looking to the future, but if we couldn't get past the Lions, the rest of the schedule is just brutal. Not looking forward to Thanksgiving...at all. 

I feel like the injuries are starting to take hold.

Teams that get to the playoffs and survive the cold months of the NFL season have one big thing in common, they have a talented roster and depth of talent.

Come week 10 teams are banged up, bruised and you typically have a few starters on IR.

The playoff bound teams can overcome those injuries.

The Giants had 6 injuries today. 6! All to starters basically, they are a bruised and the back ups don't have the talent to keep the Giants train rolling. 

Regardless of the rest of the year it's been a big success in just seeing what this team is going to be about going forward, just need to get the players talent along side the coaches. 

I said before that Jones was gonna have to be the reason we win at some point...with his arm.  He didn't do that today from what I see on the stat line.

Thanksgiving may be brutal...but not as bad as what I am assuming the Philly games are gonna be.

If Robinson and Jackson are out long term, it could get ugly.

11 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I said before that Jones was gonna have to be the reason we win at some point...with his arm.  He didn't do that today from what I see on the stat line.

Thanksgiving may be brutal...but not as bad as what I am assuming the Philly games are gonna be.

If Robinson and Jackson are out long term, it could get ugly.

Jackson 3 to 5 weeks.

Robinson might go done for the year apparently. 

So yeah gonna be a fun stretch the next four games all in the NFC BEast

Everything below will be devoid of mention of injuries because that is obvious - 

Giants were No.1 blitzing team in the league and Goff was 38th rated against the blitz - we got 3 touches and zero sacks on Goff

The fucking shitty run defense was shitty again as the Lions ran it down our throats....even if we have 2 CBs injured - didnt matter - they just ran it better than we did.

The OL crapped its pants and Jones was running for his life almost every other play - maybe the Chicago type game plan would have worked better by making DJ run more if they were zeroing in on Barkley. The OL was horrendous.

The 2nd INT by Jones was absolute shit.....the 1st one was just well....Hutchinson made a great play...Aaron Rodgers made the same mistake last game...and he is 'more than 4 years' in the league as some pissed person had mentioned.

4 Drops in key situations - plus 1 fumble that led to the put away TD. With nobody to throw to and no run game and a shitty OL DJ still managed to engineer 2 TD drives completing key 3rd down throws.

So - overall - a very shitty game where we came in loose and over confident and got fucked by a team that was hot on a win streak. DJ is not the problem....if anything the least of our problems. Maybe they decided to reserve Barkley for the homestretch. But with all the injuries - i think we win maybe 2-3 games more thats it. More than meeting a team its about when you do it....the rest are meeting us at a bad point in time. Oh well....still a much better season than the last 6-7 years

14 hours ago, BronxRik said:

It's not so much that we're regressing I feel, as much as it's injuries and bad luck. 

We won our first game on a missed FG.  Last year, we lost the Commanders game on a missed FG.

We beat the Panthers largely because Baker Mayfield couldn't hit the broad side of a barn... not because we played well.  There was also a kickoff fumble and a fumble at Carolina's 40. 

We beat the Ravens on a really dumb final series by Lamar Jackson.   Last year's team loses that game. 

Just those three games alone would make us a 4-6 team, which I feel is a more accurate view of the talent level we've got.  Throw literal third-stringers in at vital positions like RT, LG, WR, CB, and Safety and it's not hard to see why the team doesn't look as good. 

Watched the game again...lost that one in the trenches.  OL was the worst they've been this season and for all the talk of Thibs, Williams, and Lawrence...therw wasn't much in run defense to speak of.

That was bad.  It was made worse by stupid mistakes...turnovers and penalties primarily.

And the injuries are what suck the hardest.  We were all expecting a shit season and have been pleasantly surprised.  We knew we had an easier schedule, but still didn't think we would be in playoff contention at the midway point of the season.  

I will give this one more week before I write off the season...but I really don't hold out much hope after the injuries.

We can still take solace in knowing we are heading in right direction tho