SportsWrath

Giants vs Jaguars

CrazedDogs

8 minutes ago, Nas said:

An argument can be made that Barkley gave himself up…. I was thinking this could come back to haunt us.

I thought he did give himself up. When sliding, you’re down when you begin your slide. The broadcast team, Blandino included, were wrong in discussing when and where his shin went down. 

Just now, mastershake said:

If he stays healthy and keeps playing like this, I think something like a 3 year $60M contract is reasonable, especially considering there's no clear alternative next season.

Part of his value is a a runner, have to factor that in. It mitigates his value as a QB.

Probably the best game out of Jones as a professional QB

Made smart reads, ran the ball when he had too, didn't stare down his first target, was slinging the ball like he didn't give a fuck.

WRs dropped a lot of catch-able passes today, the only one who was making plays was Robinson before he got banged up, and clearly him and Jones have some chemistry. Slayton was a disappearing act after that easy TD, so who knows what he's still about.

Oline lost two starters, TWO, and still played at an all pro level, thanks to coaching and play calling, finally great to have both of those at an NFL quality level.

Barkley continues to put on a case for being MVP, dude just takes the small runs but then breaks those big ones. Don't understand how the head ref in the talking box can say "Barkley gave himself up so the clock should still run" but the refs on the field reverse it, the NFL really needs to look into the review process and make it more transparent much like the XFL did.

The defense really came together in the second half, not to much in terms of adjustments but Wink probably lighting a fire under their ass. Dline played balls to the wall, seriously Dexy/Thibs/Ward/Fox are just maniacs. Also cut Williams, he's getting paid like a top 3 DT and he isnt even the third best D-lineman on the team this year, let alone the league.

Moreau is a starter in the NFL, and won us the game was that tackle, I think PFF had an article, he's the 7th best coverage DB in the NFL, hell of a job by the coaches getting this rookie ready to play.

Jackson basically shut down his side of the field AGAIN.

LBs are awful still and couldn't set an edge vs that Jags RB, Smith is slow as fuck and Crowder is serviceable but nothing more. Hopefully once Collins is more exposed to the system he can sub in for either of the two.

Kafka is really impressing me as a play caller, it keeps getting better week in and week out, I hope we don't lose him to a HC vacancy since any successful OC gets picked almost automatically for a new HC gig.

All in all great win, 6-1, get fucked NFL NY Giants football is back.

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Agreed across the board, BiC.

except Moreau is no rookie. He’s young-ish, but has been with a few other teams. He’s fast, and we’re getting his best football by a long shot.

Why did I think Moreau was a UDFA?

Well regardless dude is a fucking player, as you said.

Astonishing that this team can do what it does in 4th Quarters. The coaching is superb. Even when we lose massive components through injury the team adjusts and fights for 60 minutes. Next man up and we hardly miss a beat. Hats off to Daboll , Wink and Kafka. Very impressive.

( and we simply have to pay both Jones and Barkley)

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

except Moreau is no rookie. He’s young-ish, but has been with a few other teams. He’s fast, and we’re getting his best football by a long shot.

Also I’d slow down on the Williams criticism… he’s still a very good DT.

Good news on the injury front.  Got Seattle next week...a winnable game.  And then the bye.  Wouldn't mind sitting these guys just to be safe and give them an extra week's rest.  Hopefully get them right post-bye week.

With 6 wins, we really need to focus on the division opponents at this point with 5 of those to go.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah Moreau is in his 6th year. 

17 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Good news on the injury front.  Got Seattle next week...a winnable game.  And then the bye.  Wouldn't mind sitting these guys just to be safe and give them an extra week's rest.  Hopefully get them right post-bye week.

With 6 wins, we really need to focus on the division opponents at this point with 5 of those to go.

I hate to say this but we should be worry about Geno….