SportsWrath

Preseason Game Two

GorillaNJ

40 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Davis Webb MVP!!!

I missed the 2nd half… what did my boy do?

- DJ and OL looked good.

- Did Golloday play?

- Tyrod looked really good… Michael Vick moves.

- The Thibs injury looked really bad.

I think we keep all 3 QBs.  Bachman I think makes the team.  Not sure about Board with the fumble.

Line play to start game was promising against Bengals backups..but wasn't perfect.  Starters v starters could've been sketchy.

Jones played well.  Would like to see Barkley next game.

52 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I think we keep all 3 QBs.  Bachman I think makes the team.  Not sure about Board with the fumble.

Line play to start game was promising against Bengals backups..but wasn't perfect.  Starters v starters could've been sketchy.

Jones played well.  Would like to see Barkley next game.

See I feel like all the QBs have looked the same.

Jones really didn't do anything beyond game managing, same with Tyrod and Webb.

Honestly we could probably start any of them this year and we would have the same record as the others. 

Sure it's Jones "prove it year" but the Giants shouldn't have any commitment to starring him if they feel another QB on the roster will be better in any way.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

See I feel like all the QBs have looked the same.

Jones really didn't do anything beyond game managing, same with Tyrod and Webb.

Honestly we could probably start any of them this year and we would have the same record as the others. 

Sure it's Jones "prove it year" but the Giants shouldn't have any commitment to starring him if they feel another QB on the roster will be better in any way.

I think Jones was definitely more accurate than the others last night, but that could be function of starting offensive line, receivers, etc.

I am all about letting best player start and based on last night, to me that is Jones.  That said, he has a long, long way to earning another contract, especially given we have a bridge QB in Tyrod and the projected draft class in 2023.

Webb, I only suggest keeping due to Jones injury history