SportsWrath

Preseason Game Two

GorillaNJ

On 8/25/2022 at 7:33 AM, Nas said:

I don’t agree with this… a WR has to get open so that it’s not a jump ball every time.   A WR has leverage and the CB has to react.

That's the great thing about WRs they come in all shapes and sizes.

Plenty of great WRs and Giant WRs have never been seperation guys.

You need a mix on a team, guys who can stretch the field but also guys who can beat the man coverage press, DBs aren't little short guys anymore, they are 6ft 220+ pound athletes who can outrun most WRs in the NFL.

You need guys like Metcalf, Julio Jones, Amani Toomer, Hakeem Nicks, TO, etc to be able to out physical these DBs because the speed guys typically can't outrun them and they most certainly cant out physical them. Toomer made his living beating press coverage and making the contested catch, plus being able to find the open spot on the field. 

A guy like Golliday it doesn't matter how much the DB was in his face or knocking him off his route because Stafford would just highpoint the ball and he knew Golladay would make the catch.

For some reason the Giants forget we signed one of the best contested catch WRs in the NFL (statistically) 

Not to mention as said we are just a god awful team that no one would really excel on the last 10 years. 

19 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

You need a mix on a team, guys who can stretch the field but also guys who can beat the man coverage press, DBs aren't little short guys anymore, they are 6ft 220+ pound athletes who can outrun most WRs in the NFL.

You need guys like Metcalf, Julio Jones, Amani Toomer, Hakeem Nicks, TO, etc to be able to out physical these DBs because the speed guys typically can't outrun them and they most certainly cant out physical them. Toomer made his living beating press coverage and making the contested catch, plus being able to find the open spot on the field. 

A guy like Golliday it doesn't matter how much the DB was in his face or knocking him off his route because Stafford would just highpoint the ball and he knew Golladay would make the catch.

For some reason the Giants forget we signed one of the best contested catch WRs in the NFL (statistically) 

Not to mention as said we are just a god awful team that no one would really excel on the last 10 years. 

I'm not disagreeing and I would hate to judge Golloday since I'm not watching any of this... Part me of wishes he'd just walk up to the QB and says things like "I got you"... but also follow that up with some action... right now KG comes off like someone who's just not interested but again... I don't know.  

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

yeah it’d be like if Coughlin tried to use Plax out of the backfield or as a shifty slot guy. 

2 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

This post made me sad… has it really been this long?

For sure. The OL was getting very questionable by the end of the Eli era's glory days. Then it kept getting worse. And worse. 

Andrew Thomas is good though. Finally have something to build on.