SportsWrath

Kenny Golladay

Sephiroth

If anything 2024 is the year to cut him if the Giants needed the space.

I don't think you would get much in a trade as of this moment, not so much as he's a bad player, just hard to trade someone off a garbage franchise. 

He should of went to a team not in a rebuild and one without a gun shy QB.

He did well with Stafford because Stafford knew just to throw the deep ball high to Golladay and let him go make the catch.

He's not a burner, he's a big body possession guy with a ridiculous win rate on contested catches.

He was a prized FA signing yet he made the wrong choice and came here, should of went elsewhere IMO. 

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

If anything 2024 is the year to cut him if the Giants needed the space.

I don't think you would get much in a trade as of this moment, not so much as he's a bad player, just hard to trade someone off a garbage franchise. 

He should of went to a team not in a rebuild and one without a gun shy QB.

He did well with Stafford because Stafford knew just to throw the deep ball high to Golladay and let him go make the catch.

He's not a burner, he's a big body possession guy with a ridiculous win rate on contested catches.

He was a prized FA signing yet he made the wrong choice and came here, should of went elsewhere IMO. 

That's the thing though... it's hard to believe... but only 18 months ago the Giants were considered a team on the rise. Judge went 6-2 over the historical final 8 games, and the team had tons of momentum. 

Then we went 0-3 against 3 bottom feeders and the season was pretty much over. 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:56 PM, Sephiroth said:

You can't just outright trade him, nobody will take on 21 mil for a shit player. 

I can dream can't I? Best case scenario he stops being a lazy sack of shit and produces like a guy being paid $76M,  but will that happen? Probably not so here's hoping for someone to come in and overpay us. 

I don't recall what other WRs were on the market when we signed KG...but I seem to remember he was among the highest rated...by numerous sources.  Few criticized the signing as it was about getting DJ weapons so he could develop.

I think a combination of Jones regressing, KG not playing up to his billing, and our team generally sucking ass all trace back to injuries, coaching, and offensive line negligence.  Sprinkle in a few misses on draft picks/free agents for good measure.

I don't hate KG.  I loved the signing at the time.  Much like DJ, this is the season for evaluating.

25 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I don't recall what other WRs were on the market when we signed KG...but I seem to remember he was among the highest rated...by numerous sources.  Few criticized the signing as it was about getting DJ weapons so he could develop.

I think a combination of Jones regressing, KG not playing up to his billing, and our team generally sucking ass all trace back to injuries, coaching, and offensive line negligence.  Sprinkle in a few misses on draft picks/free agents for good measure.

I don't hate KG.  I loved the signing at the time.  Much like DJ, this is the season for evaluating.

no, it was roundly criticized. Golladay was the most expensive receiver on the open market, but not remotely among the highest rated. Those guys are tagged and/or traded just before hitting the open market.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

no, it was roundly criticized. Golladay was the most expensive receiver on the open market, but not remotely among the highest rated. Those guys are tagged and/or traded just before hitting the open market.

I'd like to see who/where these things were said.

Just a quick Google search and I can't find anything on Golladay having a "lazy" criticism, nor do I find anything sayin he wasn't worth his contract. 

39 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'd like to see who/where these things were said.

Just a quick Google search and I can't find anything on Golladay having a "lazy" criticism, nor do I find anything sayin he wasn't worth his contract. 

35 minutes ago, 기둥서방 said:

well we're generally a more optimistic bunch than most of the other Giants fan forums.... and just read that thread above, it's littered with references to character concerns (quitting on the team), injury concerns, and compensation concerns. We were talking about it, some of us -not me- were downright prescient.

Golladay deserves a chance to prove himself with a season under a new regime. But please spare me the bullshit that he shouldn't have come to us because we were shit and we can't get him the ball properly. When you pay him the money we paid him, he needs to come in here and improve the position and the team. Let's see where he is at the end of the season.

10 hours ago, boohyah said:

Golladay deserves a chance to prove himself with a season under a new regime. But please spare me the bullshit that he shouldn't have come to us because we were shit and we can't get him the ball properly. When you pay him the money we paid him, he needs to come in here and improve the position and the team. Let's see where he is at the end of the season.

I mean out starting QBs last year at one point was Mr.Neck and Mr.Racist 

Hard to elevate a position when everyone around you are bench players.

Jones included.

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Our starting LT had more TDs than half the WR core.

lol 

I don't think we understand just how limited the Garrett offense was. 

Don’t sleep on the qbs.  They limited the offense as well. 

9 minutes ago, 기둥서방 said:

Don’t sleep on the qbs.  They limited the offense as well. 

No the entire offense last year was straight trash, outside of maybe Thomas and that one game Toney had before he went full stupid mode and hit another player.

I feel for Jones because he fell victim to the whole NFL cycle of college guy drafted to a bad team and not being able to properly develop because the entire organization is a dumpster fire at that point. 

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

No the entire offense last year was straight trash, outside of maybe Thomas and that one game Toney had before he went full stupid mode and hit another player.

I feel for Jones because he fell victim to the whole NFL cycle of college guy drafted to a bad team and not being able to properly develop because the entire organization is a dumpster fire at that point. 

I think Jones also fell victim to not being a very good qb.  

hope he somehow proves us wrong.  

4 minutes ago, 기둥서방 said:

I think Jones also fell victim to not being a very good qb.  

hope he somehow proves us wrong.  

Oh I don't mean he would of been the next Eli, but he could of atleast shown he could play in the NFL and not be on the injury list every year with a decent team around.

Atleast then we could say "hey he isn't a franchise guy but he could be a backup/game manager" or you never know maybe he takes a big step forward in years two and three and we have our franchise guy. 

At this point in time we are just looking at another Carr situation like many other QBs who have been dealt the same hand. Bad team with not that type of team elevating talent. 

It's why I wanted Zappe in the draft.

Get us a young guy who can take a year or two pressure free, maybe he becomes a starter maybe he becomes a back up, but atleast he isn't shell shocked like Jones.  

But all signs are pointing to Daboll and Schoen taking a QB next year so.