SportsWrath

Move over Jones

BlueInCanada

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

I don't understand this at all unless Jones' injury is worse than we thought or they've fallen in love with Willis. 

He's never finished a season healthy so there's that.

And if he doesn't start all 17 games there's zero chance he's back next year.

Taylor gives the Giants a gap QB.

7 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's never finished a season healthy so there's that.

And if he doesn't start all 17 games there's zero chance he's back next year.

Taylor gives the Giants a gap QB.

This is true but we're not in a "win now" situation and there's holes all over the roster. If Jones goes down for six games who cares if we go 1-5 or 3-3 over that span? This money could have been better spent elsewhere if they're serious about giving Jones a chance. 

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

This is true but we're not in a "win now" situation and there's holes all over the roster. If Jones goes down for six games who cares if we go 1-5 or 3-3 over that span? This money could have been better spent elsewhere if they're serious about giving Jones a chance. 

If Jones goes down it gives us a chance to see if we can "win" with Tyrod, not to mention it atleast keeps the offense functioning.

It's hard to evaluate players when the QB is Jake Fromm lol

1 hour ago, K3VIN said:

I was really hoping for Maritto or Mitch ... but fuck DJ 

Not sure why the hate on DJ.    This move tells me the Giants are trying to field a team that can play and not stink up the joint... With the draft capital and the moves they've made and will be making, it tells me they're trying to fix whatever they can... I don't know much about Taylor but the money, as mentioned above, isn't back up money... DJ was hurt by having bad teams and coaches... and I think the injuries have taken a toll on him.    From a football standpoint he maybe walking wounded... like an RG3.    But I'm not going to hate on him like somehow he just sucks and everything is his fault.    

13 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah 8.5 million isnt backup money, that's "You might start" money.

It tells me the FO doesn't have faith in Jones to 1) Stay healthy and 2) His neck is more fucked up than previously thought.

Plus DJ will have to learn a competent offense this season...   He has not had to do that!

Having Tyrod will be much better if Jones gets hurt, at least it is not like we are giving up

11 hours ago, Nas said:

Not sure why the hate on DJ.    This move tells me the Giants are trying to field a team that can play and not stink up the joint... With the draft capital and the moves they've made and will be making, it tells me they're trying to fix whatever they can... I don't know much about Taylor but the money, as mentioned above, isn't back up money... DJ was hurt by having bad teams and coaches... and I think the injuries have taken a toll on him.    From a football standpoint he maybe walking wounded... like an RG3.    But I'm not going to hate on him like somehow he just sucks and everything is his fault.    

Because he sucks. He has no skill. Dude threw 8 interceptions in a College game. 

22 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

I think his "neck injury" is actually nerve damage that's affecting his grip and/or arm strength. Don't be surprised when we draft a QB in the first.

Honestly. 

A new GM and HC (who's an offensive minded guy) who's installing a new regime.

A new QB is almost a guarantee at this point. 

And two picks inside the top 10 is the time to do it.

12 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Honestly. 

A new GM and HC (who's an offensive minded guy) who's installing a new regime.

A new QB is almost a guarantee at this point. 

And two picks inside the top 10 is the time to do it.

Unless the QBs in that year's draft would be 2nd rounders any other year

1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

I think his "neck injury" is actually nerve damage that's affecting his grip and/or arm strength. Don't be surprised when we draft a QB in the first.

This... very suspicious of sports doctors.  He needs a second opinion fast.  Nerve damage can be tricky.

5 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

This... very suspicious of sports doctors.  He needs a second opinion fast.  Nerve damage can be tricky.

I think they know, they've just been hiding it. He missed way too much time for a simple muscle injury.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

If they think one of them is the guy they are gonna take him.

Look at Jones lol 

Schoen is not Gettleman...we think

1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

I think they know, they've just been hiding it. He missed way too much time for a simple muscle injury.

Could've been tanking without admitting as much....i.e. protecting their franchise QB, interested in his long term health, blah, blah, blah