SportsWrath

NOW WE'RE FUCKIN' TALKIN!

Sephiroth

On 1/12/2022 at 2:46 PM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Goodbye to Judge... more like good riddance... :mic-drop:

honestly. I love his pillow talk. He said the right things but goddamn during the last 5 games. I just tune him off.  All talk and no action, felt like he was way over his head during game time 

3 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

honestly. I love his pillow talk. He said the right things but goddamn during the last 5 games. I just tune him off.  All talk and no action, felt like he was way over his head during game time 

For sure man.  Those last few press conferences are what got him fired.  I expected him to start playing with marbles like the Caine Mutiny.  Guy was coming unglued.  I have seen it happen when people get elevated beyond their competence.  It is not pretty.  ;)

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Shoen seems most likely - and if thats the case - Im fucking STOKED! Only catch - he has asked for complete control including deciding who the next HC is gonna be. Id rather give it to him and put the Mara's in a no-communication cell.

Didn't ownership already state that the GM would have that responsibility...selecting new coach?

9 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Shoen seems most likely - and if thats the case - Im fucking STOKED! Only catch - he has asked for complete control including deciding who the next HC is gonna be. Id rather give it to him and put the Mara's in a no-communication cell.

No GM worth a damn would take anything less than complete control.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Didn't ownership already state that the GM would have that responsibility...selecting new coach?

I think so, Mara is atleast, so far saying he's keeping his hands off of it.  

I think the new GM gets control of who gets hired.

Which means I think Daboll is gonna be the new HC/OC if Schoen is giving the job. 

Apparently Graham is the front runner in the Bears HC search.

No idea who'd he pick for DC. 

I just hope that the new GM is thorough in their HC search...don't just take someone automatically without exploring other options.

I know time is short, but I want someone who isn't afraid to surround themselves with new ideas and differing opinions as long as the team's best interest is always the goal

On 1/18/2022 at 2:25 PM, Sephiroth said:

Yeah I'm going back and forth between them.  What they've built in Buffalo compared to five years ago is really impressive. 

Yes... we are on the same page.  Not totally sold on Flores... but would love for Shoen or Hortiz to pick their guys.  If Flores is that guy, then so be it.