SportsWrath

Offseason Moves

mastershake

5 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Go to the 19 second mark...this was before he put on 60 pounds of muscle...and was an all state DL man.

C. Wagon

Fucking love that kid.

I saw some highlight this week of him running 40 yards down field to make a block... he almost kept up with the WR.

Whoever the Giants pick in the first and second, it's crucial they start getting the back end of this draft from 3 to 7 correct. If you are watching last night's game, if you can get any players on either of those teams last night later on, I'm picking them. They are so far ahead of the rest and deep as all hell.

12 hours ago, mastershake said:

Cuts for cap space (+$33-36M):

- Nick Gates (+$2.4M). Sorry but he won't return to form if at all next season, then is a FA in 2023 anyway.

- Kyle Rudolph (+$5M)

- James Bradberry (+$12M). Restructure if possible. If not, cut.

- Blake Martinez (+$9M). Restructure if possible. If not, cut.

- Sterling Shepherd (+$8M, post June 1 if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise it's $+4.5M)

Trades (+$7.2M): 

- Saquon Barkely (+$7.2M). Trade to the Ravens for a 3rd round pick in 2023.

Re-Signings ($7M cap)

- C Billy Price. 2 years $6M He played decently down the stretch and is worthy of bringing back, at least for quality depth.

- OLB Lorenzo Carter. 1 year $5-6M "prove it" type of deal. I might be fine signing him to a 3 year $20-24M contract as well, so long as the bonus money isn't so extensive that we can't cut him if things don't work out.

Free Agent Signings ($22-25M)

OT Morgan Moses 3 years $30M, 2022 cap hit $7M

- OG Laken Tomlinson 3 years $30M, 2022 cap hit $7M

- QB Marcus Mariota or Mitch Trubisky, 1 yr, $3-4M

- CB PJ Williams 2 yrs $7M.

- RB Ronald Jones 2 yrs $7M.

Mock Draft

#5: OT/OG Kenyon Green, Texas A&M (I'm assuming Evan Neal is already taken before this). He might be best suited at RT.

#7: OT/OG Ikem Ekwonu, North Carolina State. He might be better suited at G.

#36: QB Carson Strong, Nevada

#67: LB Chad Muma, Wyoming or LB Christian Harris Alabama

#81: DT Travis Jones, UConn

Rounds 4-5: Best RB, TE, CB

Rest: OL and DL depth

Carter can “prove it” somewhere else.

also I’m not sold on either QB… stick with DJ and worry about the position next year unless DJ plays well.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:25 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

I have watched Lindenbaum for 3 years....my seats are right behind his Grandparents. Good people.

He is the real deal.

You can grade film, size, feet, intelligence...etc. etc...He has all that ......what you cant grade is Nasty and Leadership.

Linderbaum is a nasty motherfucker. Literally no quit him. None.

In the Citrus Bowl ...a second tier meaningless exhibition game basically...not only didn't he not skip playing.... like a good number of sure first rounders not playing in BCS games do now.....he actually got hurt in the fourth quarter.....his leg....(foot)......Iowa's up....he was out of the game....two series later.....Hawks are now down 3....1 minute left....fucker limped out to play that series.

On a team that basically quit on themselves and one another 6 weeks ago.....a guy like that is worth his weight in gold regardless of position.

C. Wagon

The Second Coming of Mike Webster in Pittsburgh.  I am all for it man.