Jump to content
SportsWrath

Offseason Moves


mastershake
 Share

Recommended Posts

Cuts for cap space (+$33-36M):

- Nick Gates (+$2.4M). Sorry but he won't return to form if at all next season, then is a FA in 2023 anyway.

- Kyle Rudolph (+$5M)

- James Bradberry (+$12M). Restructure if possible. If not, cut.

- Blake Martinez (+$9M). Restructure if possible. If not, cut.

- Sterling Shepherd (+$8M, post June 1 if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise it's $+4.5M)

Trades (+$7.2M): 

- Saquon Barkely (+$7.2M). Trade to the Ravens for a 3rd round pick in 2023.

Re-Signings ($7M cap)

- C Billy Price. 2 years $6M He played decently down the stretch and is worthy of bringing back, at least for quality depth.

- OLB Lorenzo Carter. 1 year $5-6M "prove it" type of deal. I might be fine signing him to a 3 year $20-24M contract as well, so long as the bonus money isn't so extensive that we can't cut him if things don't work out.

Free Agent Signings ($22-25M)

OT Morgan Moses 3 years $30M, 2022 cap hit $7M

- OG Laken Tomlinson 3 years $30M, 2022 cap hit $7M

- QB Marcus Mariota or Mitch Trubisky, 1 yr, $3-4M

- CB PJ Williams 2 yrs $7M.

- RB Ronald Jones 2 yrs $7M.

Mock Draft

#5: OT/OG Kenyon Green, Texas A&M (I'm assuming Evan Neal is already taken before this). He might be best suited at RT.

#7: OT/OG Ikem Ekwonu, North Carolina State. He might be better suited at G.

#36: QB Carson Strong, Nevada

#67: LB Chad Muma, Wyoming or LB Christian Harris Alabama

#81: DT Travis Jones, UConn

Rounds 4-5: Best RB, TE, CB

Rest: OL and DL depth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pdouble said:

Just on Carter I hope we don’t offer him a contract. 
 

He finally flashed a little in the last few weeks of his 4th and final year of his rookie deal? No thanks. 

I'm thinking if we can bring him back on a 1 year "prove it" type of deal, worth $4-6M, that might be ideal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Just on Carter I hope we don’t offer him a contract. 
 

He finally flashed a little in the last few weeks of his 4th and final year of his rookie deal? No thanks. 

Yeah that's my thinking.

Sure he looked alright the last four weeks. 

But you don't pay a guy on four weeks of pay, thats why Williams is paid like a top 3 defender for at best league average play. 

Now if he's willing to come back for cheap sure 2 million at most type of thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kinda have my heart set on Lindenbaum at C at 7.  I know it's high for a center, but if he can anchor it for 10-15 years...worth it.  I guess offseason workouts will confirm.

I'm good with Green or Neal at 5.

I am 50/50 on Jones at QB.  Part of me thinks if he's protected, even if just adequately, he could be good...but the dropoff in ability to when he's not and his ability to make decisions quickly is tough to accept.  He definitely needs someone to compete with for starting spot...just not sure if 36 overall is worth it.  Would sooner just get the Mariota or Trabisky and roll with that next season.  If we still suck, we can look to QB in next years draft.  Use 36 on a DE/LB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I did a mock last night where I traded back for an extra 2nd.  We ended up with Ikwonu, Lindenbaum, Kenny Pickett, Breece Hall (reminds me of Shaun Alexander), and Isiah Likely. 

Man, do I wish that was a reality. 


 

Lol those sites are always so unrealistic.  
 

Pickett is likely going top ten, not in the second round. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My ideal draft.

#5) I think Neal and Okwonu go 3 and 4. So we take Hamilton. He's the next Ed Reed and would pair with McKinney well. Our secondary would be fearsome. 

I would be fine with Ojabo here as well kids stupid fast off the edge and would be a great addition to Ojulari and possibly Carter if he's bright back. 

#7) Lindenbaum - he's going to be a HoF center, there's no doubt this guy is Nelson level of play. I don't give a fuck what people say about positinal value garbage this kid is going to make the Oline a unit. 

#36) OT Abraham, a guy who would start day one at RT, tremendously athletic and a big frame. 

#67) ILB Skalaski, a three down thumper to replace Martinez. Great instinct to make tackles. 

#79) TE Turner, a surprise dark horse who got a senior bowl invitation. Highly athletic pass catcher who can still block.

ROund 4 and beyond, best available: RB, OG, CB, DT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

My ideal draft.

#5) I think Neal and Okwonu go 3 and 4. So we take Hamilton. He's the next Ed Reed and would pair with McKinney well. Our secondary would be fearsome. 

I would be fine with Ojabo here as well kids stupid fast off the edge and would be a great addition to Ojulari and possibly Carter if he's bright back. 

#7) Lindenbaum - he's going to be a HoF center, there's no doubt this guy is Nelson level of play. I don't give a fuck what people say about positinal value garbage this kid is going to make the Oline a unit. 

#36) OT Abraham, a guy who would start day one at RT, tremendously athletic and a big frame. 

#67) ILB Skalaski, a three down thumper to replace Martinez. Great instinct to make tackles. 

#79) TE Turner, a surprise dark horse who got a senior bowl invitation. Highly athletic pass catcher who can still block.

ROund 4 and beyond, best available: RB, OG, CB, DT.

I have watched Lindenbaum for 3 years....my seats are right behind his Grandparents. Good people.

He is the real deal.

You can grade film, size, feet, intelligence...etc. etc...He has all that ......what you cant grade is Nasty and Leadership.

Linderbaum is a nasty motherfucker. Literally no quit him. None.

In the Citrus Bowl ...a second tier meaningless exhibition game basically...not only didn't he not skip playing.... like a good number of sure first rounders not playing in BCS games do now.....he actually got hurt in the fourth quarter.....his leg....(foot)......Iowa's up....he was out of the game....two series later.....Hawks are now down 3....1 minute left....fucker limped out to play that series.

On a team that basically quit on themselves and one another 6 weeks ago.....a guy like that is worth his weight in gold regardless of position.

C. Wagon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I have watched Lindenbaum for 3 years....my seats are right behind his Grandparents. Good people.

He is the real deal.

You can grade film, size, feet, intelligence...etc. etc...He has all that ......what you cant grade is Nasty and Leadership.

Linderbaum is a nasty motherfucker. Literally no quit him. None.

In the Citrus Bowl ...a second tier meaningless exhibition game basically...not only didn't he not skip playing.... like a good number of sure first rounders not playing in BCS games do now.....he actually got hurt in the fourth quarter.....his leg....(foot)......Iowa's up....he was out of the game....two series later.....Hawks are now down 3....1 minute left....fucker limped out to play that series.

On a team that basically quit on themselves and one another 6 weeks ago.....a guy like that is worth his weight in gold regardless of position.

C. Wagon

I'd even take him at 5 honestly just in case someone takes him at 6.

He's a generational talent. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another key thing too this offseason will be deciding on Daniel Jones's 5th year option, for the 2023 year. If they pick it up, it's likely to be around a $20-22M cap hit in 2023.

I really hope they don't. He hasn't earned such a contract, and has proven he's injury prone thus far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

There’s absolutely no way they pick up his option. 

But the Mara's may be making that decision through the new GM hire. Just like how they're forcing Judge on the new GM (they won't hire a GM who doesn't accept Judge), I bet they'll force DJ on the new GM as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mastershake said:

But the Mara's may be making that decision through the new GM hire. Just like how they're forcing Judge on the new GM (they won't hire a GM who doesn't accept Judge), I bet they'll force DJ on the new GM as well.


They can force Jones on them without picking up his 5th year option though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...