SportsWrath

Antonio Brown

jranieli

Heard he was cut on the sideline when he didn't want to go in because he felt he was too injured.  Now, AB is full of drama, and say what you want about how football players should be tough and play through pain and all that (and I don't know what the injury was), but if it is true he was told to if he wouldn't play injured he was cut, on the sideline, then its hard for me to blame him.  

5 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Heard he was cut on the sideline when he didn't want to go in because he felt he was too injured.  Now, AB is full of drama, and say what you want about how football players should be tough and play through pain and all that (and I don't know what the injury was), but if it is true he was told to if he wouldn't play injured he was cut, on the sideline, then its hard for me to blame him.  

Apparently it was no injury....he was just pissed about the score and not being used as much as he woulda liked. Arians wanted him to go and he refused. Arians asked him twice more and he said no. Arians just asked him to get out right then and there - thats it. And to think at one point people kept saying OBJ was the diva and why cant he be more like AB :)

From what I can gather and trying to read through all the bullshit this is my interpretation.

Brown had an ankle injury prior to this game.

He wanted to play so he could make his contract incentives/guarantees. (pretty common for the last couple weeks of the season, you'll see FBs get carries, etc)

The Bucs shot him up with pain killers and let him play. (also common in the NFL)

They were losing to the Jets and he wasnt getting targeted to reach his incentives.

Brown confronted Arians. (lack of targets?)

Arians called him out. (I really hope someone picked up the audio of the convo)

Brown has a meltdown.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...