SportsWrath

CB Jackson in for a visit.

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Freeman

Thanks, Gmen.   Remembering names on the fly isn't one of my strengths.    He played rather well so I'm not sure why we need to look elsewhere.    The OL and Pass Rushing should be the top 2 priorities imo. 

8 minutes ago, Nas said:

Thanks, Gmen.   Remembering names on the fly isn't one of my strengths.    He played rather well so I'm not sure why we need to look elsewhere.    The OL and Pass Rushing should be the top 2 priorities imo. 

He played well, but was only healthy for 4 games. It's the exact same problem we have with Barkley.

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Nope. Abrams handles structuring the contracts to fit under the cap after the negotiations as far as I understand it. 

Shows you what I know. I didn't even know we had an Abrams. :LMAO:

34 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Oh, we're gonna pay the piper at some point for cap purposes...but if cap bounces back, should be tolerable.  Still have to hit on draft picks so you can let some overpriced guys walk...

The cap is already projected to be over 200 million next season with the new 110 billion dollar TV deal the NFL just signed.

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Shows you what I know. I didn't even know we had an Abrams. :LMAO:

Lmao don't quote me on that. Idk for sure how he does his job but he's a holdover from the Reese era. I've just heard he's the number cruncher that gets DG's contracts under the cap. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

The cap is already projected to be over 200 million next season with the new 110 billion dollar TV deal the NFL just signed.

It was supposed to be around $210M this year, so next I'm assuming around $220M. 

16 hours ago, Dragon said:

It was supposed to be around $210M this year, so next I'm assuming around $220M. 

That's assuming it fully rebounds AND catches up to its previous pace...not sure that'll happen.  Think 200 is probably better estimate.  Either way, these low cap hits this year on big contracta means big hits in future years.