SportsWrath

CB Jackson in for a visit.

BlueInCanada

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

Wow, he's a former first rounder who's been a solid CB. Why no other suitors for him? Get him if we can get him and Golladay.

Yep.

If we can land both these get let alone one of them, be a good way to fill up the holes on the parts of the roster.

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I think he plays special teams too.

Which means you know Judge is advocating for this guy.

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Peppers,Holmes and Ryan have all been actively recruiting Jackson.

Ryan is a friend from his time in the Titans. 

Golladay cap hit only being 4.5 million this year is a god send, we might be able to land Jackson. 

Honestly we have to keep Peppers after this year. Love this fucking guy.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Ryan flew in from Florida tonight to meet with Jackson.

Seriously I loved Judge before but this team has 100 percent bought into what's going on. 

Who'd a thought a new HC could do so much.

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah this team is full of likeable players right now.  Gonna be a fun team to root for next season 

2 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Whoppadeedoo! Now all we need is for Saquon to be back at full-strength - DJ better have a 30+ TD season this year.

We're going to get some RB help in the draft I think. Najee Harris or Javonte Williams early, Rhamondre Stevenson in the mid rounds, or Pooka Williams Jr/Larry Rountree late. Any of those guys can step in day one and contribute.

49 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

We're going to get some RB help in the draft I think. Najee Harris or Javonte Williams early, Rhamondre Stevenson in the mid rounds, or Pooka Williams Jr/Larry Rountree late. Any of those guys can step in day one and contribute.

RB in draft should not happen in too 4 rounds given OL, pass rusher, and a WR.  Might even throw in CB too given defenses play so much 3 CB/2 S 

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

RB in draft should not happen in too 4 rounds given OL, pass rusher, and a WR.  Might even throw in CB too given defenses play so much 3 CB/2 S 

I think if Harris/Williams falls to round 3 you have to take them but yeah, generally I agree. 

If we draft a RB earlier than round 4, I'd also be pissed.

Top priorities are OL, Edge, and LB (I still think we need another quality player alongside Martinez, plus in case he goes down). We could also use depth at DT given Austin Johnson and BJ Hill are free agents in 2022.

Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good about the team.

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

John Ross a guy who hasn't even been with the team what a full week?

Is also out there recruiting Jackson.

What the fuck happened to this team overnight?

Can we give Judge a 25 year contract? I don't want him to leave.

Let’s wait until we actually see some results on field. How many FA did the WTF team win?

I know after the Barkley investment we're all pretty bitter about the idea of needed RB assets, but so far in his career Barkley has played one full season.  We can't rely on him and need to have plan B ready for when/if he gets injured again this year. 

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I know after the Barkley investment we're all pretty bitter about the idea of needed RB assets, but so far in his career Barkley has played one full season.  We can't rely on him and need to have plan B ready for when/if he gets injured again this year. 

I don't think people are saying we shouldn't get someone behind Barkley but serviceable backs can be found after camp cuts plus a late round investment and we have a guy like Brooker who did well filling in for Jacobs in LV. 

Id much rather they go after the guards/WRs/DEs in this draft the first four rounds or so as the talent pool is deep and we can get starters in round three. 

But bring a bunch of guys into camp there's always a few undrafted RBs who shine when they get into training camp, just bring a whole bunch in and have them compete is almost the best way to go for a backup RB. 

39 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Even so, I hate drafting RB's that high (2nd round or higher) and we have Booker as a plan B.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't think people are saying we shouldn't get someone behind Barkley but serviceable backs can be found after camp cuts plus a late round investment and we have a guy like Brooker who did well filling in for Jacobs in LV. 

Id much rather they go after the guards/WRs/DEs in this draft the first four rounds or so as the talent pool is deep and we can get starters in round three. 

But bring a bunch of guys into camp there's always a few undrafted RBs who shine when they get into training camp, just bring a whole bunch in and have them compete is almost the best way to go for a backup RB. 

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

Even so, I hate drafting RB's that high (2nd round or higher) and we have Booker as a plan B.

Idk about you guys but the veteran who played for Atlanta did quite well for us (name escapes me atm)