Jump to content
SportsWrath

Giants sign Kyle Rudolph


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Herc said:

Don’t see any money details yet.  Hopefully engram is gone now

Interesting. This may also mean they're shying away from Kyle Pitts in the draft perhaps?

By the way Herc, nice job being the Giants free agency wire on SW. You're getting all of these FA signings almost as soon as they come out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Herc said:

My wife got me an Apple Watch as a gift recently.  Finally found a good use for it!

Nice. See I hate enabling these push notifications, so I just have to constantly refresh Twitter to get the updates, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Herc's beating me to it lol 

Good signing.

Could mean they are thinking of not going forward with Engram as he could still be cut freeing up space. 

Rudolph is a blocking machine as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Nice. See I hate enabling these push notifications, so I just have to constantly refresh Twitter to get the updates, lol.

Same.  I honestly just turned a few nfl guys on this week and then I’m turning them off again.  I hate notifications 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt this is Engrams replacement. They guy will be 32 by the time he hits the field next season. Could be a great weapon for DJ in the red zone this year though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JayD said:

I doubt this is Engrams replacement. They guy will be 32 by the time he hits the field next season. Could be a great weapon for DJ in the red zone this year though.

I don't see it as much of a replacement as; as have Rudolph, Toililolilololllo, and Smith at TE as well Engram. 

One of these guys can be cut without any penalty and save 6.6 million in cap space.

And we won't have to watch the ball be tipped into the air seven times a year and picked off by the opposing team.

If we need the cap space to sign say Golladay or a vet Olineman. 

Engrams is looking pretty easily cut at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't see it as much of a replacement as; as have Rudolph, Toililolilololllo, and Smith at TE as well Engram. 

One of these guys can be cut without any penalty and save 6.6 million in cap space.

And we won't have to watch the ball be tipped into the air seven times a year and picked off by the opposing team.

If we need the cap space to sign say Golladay or a vet Olineman. 

Engrams is looking pretty easily cut at the moment.

I hope so. DG seemed pretty high on Engram still, somehow. I'd love to see Engram get another chance, someplace else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice signing, and follows the Seph formula for fixing the Giants. 

 

Quote

Kyle Rudolph or Zach Ertz - 1 year, 5 million.   One of these two guys is going to shake free because the cap is so low, and while both are past their primes they can still produce.  I’d take either one in their “underproducing seasons” over Stone Hands Engram. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and correction to my post. 

Engrams contract is now fully guaranteed since yesterday.

So if the Giants trade him they can get the cap space back but as of now Engram is on the books.

Interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Storm said:

Seems steep for a ten year vet tight end who missed the last quarter of the season...

2.5 million this year. 

4.5 million next year. 

DG working some cap magic with this contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

2.5 million this year. 

4.5 million next year. 

DG working some cap magic with this contract. 

I like him as a red zone target. I like him even more if Golladay signs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudolph also helps out the Oline immensely, especially Peart if he's starting at RT. 

Being able to have him chip the edge rusher on the right side of the line or keeping him in to help block is a big win for the Giants. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JayD said:

I doubt this is Engrams replacement. They guy will be 32 by the time he hits the field next season. Could be a great weapon for DJ in the red zone this year though.

I thought the same thing...and a good safety blanket for him on 3rd downs. 

Something else to consider....he will be a good mentor for Egrams.....Dude is a Pros Pro...great study and work habits.....and a bit of a red ass...very vocal.

Good signing.

C.Wagon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving it more thought, I'm not sure about this signing visa vee NOT addressing the O-Line earlier this free agency with Linsley.

I don't get the thinking here in general with some of these signings. 

C Corey Linsley signed a contract with a cap hit of only $6.6mm, but we spend almost that on Rudolph instead? Kevin Zeitler had a cap hit of $4mm on his new contract with the Ravens, and we turn around and spend $2.5mm on John Ross and another $2mm on Devonte Booker? In other words, backup TEs, RBs, and WR's #5 (at best) are more important than starting OL on a team that's had abysmal OLs for the last 7 years???

There's no strategy here.

Kyle Rudolph only makes sense if you're going to cut Engram.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Another Herman Moore type signing 

Yeah, what's the thinking here? He's on the wrong side of 30, and he's been declining for 3 years.

Are we really saying this money was better allocated to a declining 2nd TE than it is to a starting OL???

I don't get the thinking here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems to think he was just underutilized in the passing game the last few years in Minnesota.  I guess we’ll find out 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Giving it more thought, I'm not sure about this signing visa vee NOT addressing the O-Line earlier this free agency with Linsley.

I don't get the thinking here in general with some of these signings. 

C Corey Linsley signed a contract with a cap hit of only $6.6mm, but we spend almost that on Rudolph instead? Kevin Zeitler had a cap hit of $4mm on his new contract with the Ravens, and we turn around and spend $2.5mm on John Ross and another $2mm on Devonte Booker? In other words, backup TEs, RBs, and WR's #5 (at best) are more important than starting OL on a team that's had abysmal OLs for the last 7 years???

There's no strategy here.

Kyle Rudolph only makes sense if you're going to cut Engram.

 

I still don't think you understand dead cap and the signing bonuses heh 

Zeitler was cut because he was due what was it 16+ million. You can't restructure a guy in his final year which he was, so I don't understand how you think we could of kept Zeitler, outside of an extension which makes his guaranteed money a signing bonus up front.

Linsley is making 17 million this year lol he has a 17 million fit guaranteed signing bonus this season,he's the highest paid center EVER in the NFL.

You act as if the Giants could of just paid Zielter 5 million and Linsley 6 lol 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...