SportsWrath

The race to 0-16.

BlueInCanada

I'm rooting for it at this point.

I hope we don't win a single game this year so Mara can finally realize he isnt his father and doesnt know a fucking thing about building/running a football team.

EA, Eli, the 2007 team, was all built buy Wellingtons guys.

You know what John Mara has gotten us? JR, Gettleman, MacAttack and Chris Mara as the head of player development along with the worst record in the NFL for the last five years.

Buckle up boys 11 more losses to go! lol

Honestly, if they're 0-16 I think they need to either blow it all up with Trevor Lawrence, or if they think they have something with Jones (so hard to evaluate with .3 seconds to throw on each play) get a king's fucking ransom for the pick. 

I'm thinking trade down to #3, trade down again to 8 or so, and take the best pass rusher you can and 3 o-linemen with the picks. 

12 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly, if they're 0-16 I think they need to either blow it all up with Trevor Lawrence, or if they think they have something with Jones (so hard to evaluate with .3 seconds to throw on each play) get a king's fucking ransom for the pick. 

I'm thinking trade down to #3, trade down again to 8 or so, and take the best pass rusher you can and 3 o-linemen with the picks. 

I think the problem is going to be the Covid again.

Last year you didnt see many trades, this year coming it will be the same thing.

That's a great point. 

Seriously though, where is the win on this schedule? I see two possibly against Washington and maybe another vs. The Bangles. Maybe another team fucks up and we back into another.

There's not more than a 4-12 season in these guys. 

They should just spent every fucking dime on OL this offseason. The rest can be managed. But yeah - if we have the No.1 pick - and if (rather should) Gettleman is gone - then who knows...maybe we go the Trevor Lawrence route - but I still think DJ has got what it takes and trade the top pick for a King's Ransom to some team that badly needs a QB.

11 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep. 

18 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

You don't pass on a generational talent in Trevor Lawrence... even if Jones is good, that just means his trade value is great... I doubt we end up with the 1st pick (with our luck we start winning when it doesn't matter and we end up 5th) but anywho... if we do, you keep Lawrence and Trade DJ.  

2 hours ago, Nas said:

You don't pass on a generational talent in Trevor Lawrence... even if Jones is good, that just means his trade value is great... I doubt we end up with the 1st pick (with our luck we start winning when it doesn't matter and we end up 5th) but anywho... if we do, you keep Lawrence and Trade DJ.  

I don't think you get better than a 5th for DJ... and that would probably be if the team had two or three 5ths to give away.   He has no value right now. 

19 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Sorry...But Trevor Lawrence isn't going to do shit with this fucking OLINE. Sephiroth... I think we are making our point. We should have drafted Quenton Nelson over Saquon Barkley. 

If you look - we have been drafting OL very high for a few years now - just that they have all sucked balls and nothing has come off it. Ereck Flowers, Hernandez - all these guys technically should have been solid players if not stars by now - but have BUST written all over. Thats the fucking problem. Im not writing Thomas off yet - its too early - but Id have liked to see a little more - but then again when the 4 other guys next to you are fuckwads I cant put the blame on the kid entirely.

7 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Sorry...But Trevor Lawrence isn't going to do shit with this fucking OLINE. Sephiroth... I think we are making our point. We should have drafted Quenton Nelson over Saquon Barkley. 

Yeah some things would have to fall into place before the draft to consider Lawrence.  I think we'd need to sign the best center in Free Agency, and we'd need to have at least one of the young guys develop into a competent starter over the second half of the year. 

I don't think having a line of Solder - new Center - somebody out of Hernandez, Thomas, Peart, or Limeaux is a good line, but I think you can get away with it for a year. 

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I don't think you get better than a 5th for DJ... and that would probably be if the team had two or three 5ths to give away.   He has no value right now. 

DJ is a 1st round pick and is a 1st round talent... 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

He's on pace this season for 7TDs, 18 INTs, and a 68 QB rating. 

You don't get more than a 5th for that no matter how much potential you have. 

... and you left out the fumbles. 

I know Thomas (and Gallman) got beat miserably on the fumble-TD, but Jones was no good on that play either. Just a flat out bad team, across the board, the entire starting 11 on offense.

On a rookie deal, it's either trade or keep.  No way you release him outright.

Balls to wall in FA for the offensive line.  Then trade down in draft to accumulate picks.  Go pass rush and more offensive line.  Find 1 WR along the way who can get separation.

Do nothing else.  Keep the goals small this offseason because nothing else matters if you can't hammer these out

Id go full Houston Astros though not as long as they did...tank the next 5 seasons....pic in the top 3 for 6 straight year.....trade or cut any assets you can and cut everyone making more than 5 million a year..

Then become a juggernaut dynasty from 2027 to 2032.

Im so down with this

10 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

... and you left out the fumbles. 

I know Thomas (and Gallman) got beat miserably on the fumble-TD, but Jones was no good on that play either. Just a flat out bad team, across the board, the entire starting 11 on offense.

I don't blame Jones for the Fumble. Thomas got beat from the first step and Daniel wasn't expecting to get hit that quick. We got to give this kid more than 2 sec to throw the ball.   

8 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

I don't blame Jones for the Fumble. Thomas got beat from the first step and Daniel wasn't expecting to get hit that quick. We got to give this kid more than 2 sec to throw the ball.   

it's possible you should blame Jones (and maybe Gallman) for the fumble more than Thomas. look at how the OL is blocking on that play and the depth they get. They're all blocking like its a three or five step drop. Jones takes seven, then steps backwards again to a nine yard depth in the pocket when he feels the pressure. If it was supposed to be a three or five step drop, Thomas didn't get beat on that play, he ran his man out of the play... just based on what everybody else was doing, I don't think Jones was supposed to be anywhere near that deep in the pocket, the protection wasn't designed for it. 

a lot of those pressures we're talking about are because the QB is holding the ball too. If Eli's back there getting the ball out in 2.3 seconds, we might be talking about how improved the OL is. 

14 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

it's possible you should blame Jones (and maybe Gallman) for the fumble more than Thomas. look at how the OL is blocking on that play and the depth they get. They're all blocking like its a three or five step drop. Jones takes seven, then steps backwards again to a nine yard depth in the pocket when he feels the pressure. If it was supposed to be a three or five step drop, Thomas didn't get beat on that play, he ran his man out of the play... just based on what everybody else was doing, I don't think Jones was supposed to be anywhere near that deep in the pocket, the protection wasn't designed for it. 

a lot of those pressures we're talking about are because the QB is holding the ball too. If Eli's back there getting the ball out in 2.3 seconds, we might be talking about how improved the OL is. 

I don't know... it looked like Thomas got beat from the jump. 

9 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

I don't know... it looked like Thomas got beat from the jump. 

he didn't do well on the play regardless, but it's really only on him if its the case that only Daniel Jones was doing the right thing on that play, because all the blockers were doing something different.