SportsWrath

N.Y. Giants @ L.A. Rams

BronxRik

5 minutes ago, Storm said:

As much as I’d like Trevor Lawrence, this teams biggest issue isn’t Daniel Jones.

I don't like these "SURE FIRE CANT MISS QBS!" in the draft anymore, they simply don't work out.

The last guy was Luck.

Since then it's usually the QBs taken outside the top 5 that are the league leaders

Also, a coach who is afraid to go for it on 4th and 4 from the opponents 40 and would rather cut the other teams lead to one point instead of going for it on 4th and goal, when you’re 0-3, shouldn’t be a coach in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Storm said:

Also, a coach who is afraid to go for it on 4th and 4 from the opponents 40 and would rather cut the other teams lead to one point instead of going for it on 4th and goal, when you’re 0-3, shouldn’t be a coach in the NFL.

First year coach, if it was Coughlin I would be freaking out lol

I don't have a problem with the 4th and 11 call, I go agree though, 4th and 4? Maybe they just don't trust Jones anymore. I mean if both Garrett and Judge are thinking there's no way they can convert why go for it?

The 4th and 11 was just desperation at that point.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

First year coach, if it was Coughlin I would be freaking out lol

I don't have a problem with the 4th and 11 call, I go agree though, 4th and 4? Maybe they just don't trust Jones anymore. I mean if both Garrett and Judge are thinking there's no way they can convert why go for it?

The 4th and 11 was just desperation at that point.

Still, at least kicking the field goal there means you don’t have to rely on a two point conversion to tie the game....

13 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Wouldn't want to be the gm for this team. Where do you start? 

It's the '70s over again.

Zeitler is gone at the end of the year, Hernandez is a full on bust at this point, and you need a starting center.

That's a pretty good start there.

Also whoever the QB is next year needs a legit playmaker on the outside, you don't need a top 5 NFL guy, but Slayton/Tate/Engram are not making any sort of plays out there.

By that point though you are looking at a bunch of FAs and rookies coming up to new contracts so the defense is going to need an overhaul.

So whoever gets the GM gig they are probably going to be fired after three years again lol

Just now, Storm said:

Still, at least kicking the field goal there means you don’t have to rely on a two point conversion to tie the game....

You assume they would have a chance to even get the ball back though.

That's the great thing about losing teams it's all what ifs and whats not. 

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

You assume they would have a chance to even get the ball back though.

That's the great thing about losing teams it's all what ifs and whats not. 

Well they did get the ball back after the failed fourth down. Of course I can’t definitively say the same thing would have happened but I think there’s a pretty good chance. 

39 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't like these "SURE FIRE CANT MISS QBS!" in the draft anymore, they simply don't work out.

The last guy was Luck.

Since then it's usually the QBs taken outside the top 5 that are the league leaders

There was Luck, and after that, picked first overall or not, there hasn't been a QB prospect in his class since.

44 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The last guy was Luck.

I feel I'm hit or miss on QBs.  I was a huge Rosen promoter, but I also really wanted Josh Allen and Justin Hebert, who look to be on the cusp of greatness.  Probably good I'm nt employed by the NFL in any capacityl 

29 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

How about everything but defensive tackle.

Tomlinson and Lawrence are an outstanding tandem.

I agree with that. The defensive backfield doesn’t look terrible either, honestly. 

35 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

There was Luck, and after that, picked first overall or not, there hasn't been a QB prospect in his class since.

Throw a bunch of money at Fackrell as well.

Golden is laughing that the Giants are paying him what he's getting.

Fackrell reminds me of a poor an Osi, he's a speed pass rusher who can play LB.

This offense is the worst I've seen in a long time. 

Jones - C+

Freeman - C

Tate - D

Slayton - B

Shepherd - is he even on the team? 

Engram - F

Thomas - B

Hernandez - D-

Gates - D

Zietler - C-

Phlegming - F

There is maybe one guy on this offense who is a starter on a middle of the road team. 

51 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

This offense is the worst I've seen in a long time. 

Jones - C+

Freeman - C

Tate - D

Slayton - B

Shepherd - is he even on the team? 

Engram - F

Thomas - B

Hernandez - D-

Gates - D

Zietler - C-

Phlegming - F

There is maybe one guy on this offense who is a starter on a middle of the road team. 

Gallman did a nice job when he came in today.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I miss OBJ.

Sure he turned into a head case but atleast he could make a play.

Take a slant to the house or break free down field.

Cruz could do the same.

Instead we are stuck with playmakers like Slayton, Tate and Engram.

I see so many holes, how can they draft a superstar receiver? This is going to take a while. 

1 minute ago, jranieli said:

I see so many holes, how can they draft a superstar receiver? This is going to take a while. 

They don't have to draft a superstar WR, we should still have one but we traded him away.

Not every team in the NFL has a big time playmaking WR, it's just a luxury the Giants usually always had.

I like the approach teams like Arizona, New Orleans, Packers, etc have always had.

They usually get 2nd round guys who are really good at one thing and then just rotate them on and off the field.

But you're right, if we have a new GM next offseason which is more than likely at this point, it's going to be another rebuild on the way.

The Giants won't be relevant for a few more years at that point if we are lucky.

As much as I been loving this Giants season as well, how satisfying is it to see what's happening in Dallas?

They scapegoat Garrett and fire him, then replace him with one of the most over rated coaches in the NFL who's only reason he even has a coaching job is because Rodgers pulled miracles throws out of his ass time after time.

These slow starts are killing us.  Dropped passes, false starts, and some turnstile action from Fleming/Zeitler.  Rams are a playoff team and the Giants played them for four quarters and nearly had them in the fourth quarter.  So far not convinced Freeman is the best RB to start.  I did enjoy Gates getting into it with Donald, almost made up for the high snap.  It was good to see the Giants run some plays designed for Jones to keep the ball and that opened up our offense, problem is of course he is taking hits.  Graham has convinced me he is the defensive coordinator to bring back the NY Giants defense.

I want that second half offense to start the next game and see if we can win.