SportsWrath
Sign in to follow this  
BlueInCanada

Ron Rivera hired by the 'Skins.

Put it in this section cause he was a candiate many thought the Giants had a lot of interest in.

I kinda don't like this.

Rivera is very good at getting the best out of his defensive talent, the 'Skins have some talent in their defence.

I would say these hires trouble me from a divisional foe point of view, but then I remember these are the Washington Browns we're talking about. 

Full of promise, actual bust. 

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

I would say these hires trouble me from a divisional foe point of view, but then I remember these are the Washington Browns we're talking about. 

Full of promise, actual bust. 

Washington Browns and the New York Lions?

Say whatever you want about the dc franchise...their racist team name and failure to contend...but those are two good hires 

6 minutes ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Say whatever you want about the dc franchise...their racist team name and failure to contend...but those are two good hires 

Don’t worry , Snyder will find some way to fuck them up

More than Rivera, its the Del Rio hire thats even better - For the Skins I mean. Dudes a terrific coach esp on defense. 

Yep.  I wanted Del Rio here in the worst way a few years back.  Dude is top notch. 

13 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep.  I wanted Del Rio here in the worst way a few years back.  Dude is top notch. 

Im OK with Rhule now after I read more about him - either him, or the Ravens DC who says he will bring the LSU mastermind along with him....but Id prefer an NFL experience coach and Im not sold of McDaniels - he did suck once as a HC and plus no Pats coach has gone out and become successfull elsewhere....going all the way back to Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennell

I feel the Giants should go hard after McCarthy - he's had an outstanding record and it was only because of the Rodgers being a bitch that there was a fall out there.

4 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I feel the Giants should go hard after McCarthy - he's had an outstanding record and it was only because of the Rodgers being a bitch that there was a fall out there.

He was fired because teams were starting to predict his play calling.

Guy evolved at the speed of a snail.

Was his own arrogance that got him fired.

hell fucking no to McCarthy. He's stupid. Just listen to him talk. No clue how he was a successful head coach for as long as he was. 

Aaron Rodgers has been privately public in his opinions on McCarthy too... as in, he doesn't tell it to the media, but he tells everybody else how stupid he thinks McCarthy is. 

After watching a couple recent interviews, I agree. McCarthy is a dim wit. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

hell fucking no to McCarthy. He's stupid. Just listen to him talk. No clue how he was a successful head coach for as long as he was. 

Aaron Rodgers has been privately public in his opinions on McCarthy too... as in, he doesn't tell it to the media, but he tells everybody else how stupid he thinks McCarthy is. 

After watching a couple recent interviews, I agree. McCarthy is a dim wit. 

i get a NYG-Dan Reeves vibe from him.  When Reeves came here, we had success when Simms was the QB... but not Brown... he wasn't a coach that could squeeze more out of less. His success was largely because Elway was his QB in Denver (though he did get to the Super Bowl with Chris Chandler at QB). 

Also I know McCarthy has his flaws... but Aaron Rodgers is such a douche that literally his own family  doesn't like him. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Also I know McCarthy has his flaws... but Aaron Rodgers is such a douche that literally his own family  doesn't like him. 

this is also true.... I suspect douche or not, he's still right about McCarthy. 

I think Ron should have moved a little slower and listen to more offers.  Wonder if Snyder hires a GM or lets Ron hire his own GM.  Having the head coach hire the GM is the new thing these days.

I pass on McCarthy too.  That guy made a lot of dumb game management decisions 

I’d still give the 4th pick in the draft for BB

( it will never happen of course but it would be a nice homecoming for Belicheat and nice for the GMen to have the GOAT for 3 to 5 years as HC )

50 minutes ago, Herc said:

I pass on McCarthy too.  That guy made a lot of dumb game management decisions 

…. to get bailed out by a ridiculous play by Rodgers. 

I totally see the point that McCarthy was a lousy coach, carried by a talented roster. 

42 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I’d still give the 4th pick in the draft for BB

( it will never happen of course but it would be a nice homecoming for Belicheat and nice for the GMen to have the GOAT for 3 to 5 years as HC )

Nobody knows what the details of his contract are.  Wouldn't it be awesome if it's also up this year like Brady's contact, the Pats lose this Saturday, and Belicheat starts eyeing a return to the team that launched his career? 

Apparently they interviewed McCarthy today???

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

Apparently they interviewed McCarthy today???

From reports he's basically the fall back option if they can't land Rhule.

Also keep in mind, they are interviewing the Cheifs OC and the Ravens DC next week.