SportsWrath

Strategy: Signing or Trader for Eli's Replacement

NeMesiS

well one team is still in the playoffs and is the defending champ.... the other just improved to 5-11..... so.... it seems a safe bet that my analysis of the players in question leans towards accurate.

The thing about the Eagles is, that is a deep team. I don't think the top end starters on offense, aside from Ertz, are anything special. But there's a lot of 'em.

Thank you Sybil, can we hear from your next multiple personality now?

well one team is still in the playoffs and is the defending champ.... the other just improved to 5-11..... so.... it seems a safe bet that my analysis of the players in question leans towards accurate.

The thing about the Eagles is, that is a deep team. I don't think the top end starters on offense, aside from Ertz, are anything special. But there's a lot of 'em.

Hey watch it, bud :rules:

Looks like Tuas five yard dumbs didn't work this week

Thats my only problem with Tua.

Watching him play he's surrounded by NFL starters, literally from the Oline to skill positions all of them are going to be in the NFL.

He didn't have to do much besides just getting the ball into the hands of his play makers.

They cant all play at once though. In an 11 personnel set id rather have our guys

Thats my only problem with Tua.

Watching him play he's surrounded by NFL starters, literally from the Oline to skill positions all of them are going to be in the NFL.

He didn't have to do much besides just getting the ball into the hands of his play makers.

It's a huge problem though

that is football blasphemy!

most important position group = Offensive Line

Orlando Pace was a fucking weapon!

We already established Philly's OL is superior... which is why they're in the playoffs and we are not. The discussion has been about skill players.

We already established Philly's OL is superior... which is why they're in the playoffs and we are not. The discussion has been about skill players.

and what is the point of that? Its not the skill positions against the defense, its the entire offense against the defense.

And really the discussion is about how to move on from Eli. And I think that's a painful question with an easy answer.... you move on from Eli by stacking the roster with better players. Our issue isn't the QB.

and what is the point of that? Its not the skill positions against the defense, its the entire offense against the defense.

And really the discussion is about how to move on from Eli. And I think that's a painful question with an easy answer.... you move on from Eli by stacking the roster with better players. Our issue isn't the QB.

That kind of thinking is not popular.

It's funny people talking about PFF grade.

The highest graded players this year for the Giants;

1. WR Odell Beckham Jr - 90.0

2. DE Olivier Vernon - 86.3

3. RB Saquon Barkley - 85.9

4. DI Dalvin Tomlinson - 78.9

5. T Nate Solder - 74.2

Guess he earned his contract this year, despite what people are saying about him here.

I said he is capable. My problem is the half the defense I noted which isn't starting capable, along with depth, especially the secondary.

Funny that Landon Collins isn't even on the top 5.

That kind of thinking is not popular.

no it is not.

I don't think I'm lying to myself, I think I know Eli is probably at best an average QB at this point in his career.... but its still a hell of a lot easier to upgrade almost every other position than it is to find another QB on Eli's level or better.

The point is one of three that bg brought up for why foles cant succeed here. O-line would be a good point to argue. I dont agree that skill position players are. It doesnt even matter if phillys are better or not, he said we dont have weapons period.

fair enough, but that wasn't really my interpretation of his comments. Obviously the Giants have weapons, arguably the two very best singular talents in the NFL. But I agree with BG's point that the OL and the comparative depth and quality of Philly's weapons make it doubtful that Foles could recreate his success in NY.

Aside from Beckham and Barkley, I can't think of a single offensive player on the Giants that would start in Philly.

The point is that this is what BG was arguing... that they have the better skill players...

no it is not.

I don't think I'm lying to myself, I think I know Eli is probably at best an average QB at this point in his career.... but its still a hell of a lot easier to upgrade almost every other position than it is to find another QB on Eli's level or better.

People have thought Eli Manning to be average his entire career. I know if the Giants put an offensive line in front of him and a defense behind him, we can win a lot of games next year.

I said he is capable. My problem is the half the defense I noted which isn't starting capable, along with depth, especially the secondary.

Funny that Landon Collins isn't even on the top 5.

I'm Collins biggest critic on here I think, but I mean the kid can make tackles.

The problem is EVERY strong safety in the NFL is now expected to make tackles and they usually end up leading if not coming in second for tackles for their squad.

The problem I have with Collins, he was once a complete safety, he could play the pass and run really well.

But for some reason, maybe just the defensive scheming, he's turned into a LB who can't cover any starting TE in the NFL (but what else is new with the Giants defence)

I just want to see the safety we need for this defence, in this 3-4 you need a safety you can play sideline to sidelines in both the pass and run.

I wanted Collins to be that guy, so far he is not.