SportsWrath

So now what?

Sephiroth

Naww with Lucks arm being the biggest liability on that team, the Colts would be beyond idiotic to trade Brisett.

Not to mention the Giants are probably looking at giving up a first round pick, which is what the Colts used to get him.

Unfortunetly alot of good back ups in the NFL are sitting behind guys waiting to retire.

Rudolph out of Pittsburgh would make a lot of sense as a trade candidate, but Rapeithsburger is probably done after the year.

Hoyer is an interesting idea, he's got starting experience and would hold the team over for acouple years, we would just have to deal with the Pats though.

The Bears would probably trade Daniels for the cheap, another guy with starting experience.

There's also that former Broncos QB backing up Cousins in Minny, could be another guy to trade for.

Shit I forgot about Mason Rudolph! He was the other one other than Lamar Jackson I thought the Giants were stupid not to go after.

Lucks arm is not a liability, its an asset. I understand where you were going I think. Its a fragile asset.

Colts got a treasure trove of picks from the Jets- which makes you wonder what Gettleman was talking about when he said people were offering a hot dog and a bag of chips. Barkley wouldve been gone but we could be well on our way to rebuild. Not saying that was the right thing, just questioning whether They listened at all to offers

Jackson isn't bright enough to be an NFL QB.

Remember, that's the guy who picked his mama for his agent.

Hard pass.

Hey man, it worked for The Waterboy...granted, only after she found out football wasnt the devil..

Lucks arm is not a liability, its an asset. I understand where you were going I think. Its a fragile asset.

Colts got a treasure trove of picks from the Jets- which makes you wonder what Gettleman was talking about when he said people were offering a hot dog and a bag of chips. Barkley wouldve been gone but we could be well on our way to rebuild. Not saying that was the right thing, just questioning whether They listened at all to offers

I really wish someday some NFL team would open their "war room" during the draft to actually see what happens during these offers and the whole process.

I mean even if it's aired a few years after that draft, I just feel like us fans have a really skewed idea of it all.

Every year fans doubt and scream about how "teams should of traded with this team", but I'd really like to actually listen to one of these calls between teams not just after the fact in the media when it's easy to say whatever they want.

A good trade makes both teams better and it should hurt too

Football is unique, there's no minor league or developmental leagues. You can't train in the off season like other sports. Draft picks are wanted currency. You don't have much room to make a mistake trade.

If you trade a young player ...rookie contract status and two draft picks...say a second and third for a young qb that's in the league and shows he is a franchise type qb...ypu make the trade. Now you also lost a good player and two prospects that will have to be filled with free agents.

The giants aren't in a position to trade for the next franchise qb. There's too much to be done. And they need to shed dough. Theu need to hit on all their first 5 draft picks next year....and make some savvy free agent signings along with cutting some useful players at a prime age

I wouldn't want gettlemans job

The Giants can shed Solder, Manning, OV and maybe ODB (trrade for picks) and suddenly will have a boat load of cash... and fraft picks.

You realize if they "shed" these guys we still have to pay out their guaranteed money?

We wouldn't have any cash we'd be in cap hell.

Cutting Eli alone is gonna out a 30 million hit on that years cap.

And I still don't understand why people want to trade OBJ.

Look at the Raiders how did trading Mack turn out for them? Lol

You realize if they "shed" these guys we still have to pay out their guaranteed money?

We wouldn't have any cash we'd be in cap hell.

Cutting Eli alone is gonna out a 30 million hit on that years cap.

And I still don't understand why people want to trade OBJ.

Look at the Raiders how did trading Mack turn out for them? Lol

If youre going to go on rebuild mode then trading Odell makes sense...

Eli is on pace for 4500 yards and highest completion percentage of his career but he's the problem right?

With the worst third down conversion rate in history, lowest red zone efficiency ever, lowest air yards per attempt of any qb, ever, and least points scored in a season.

Seriously, its easy to put up numbers when youre playing from behind all game and get a free drive at the end of games. The man has scored 6 touchdowns in 6 games. Thats pathetic.

If we had a line that was capable of improving maybe 33% better than they are now, then we would be more effective on the ground and our qb might have a bit more time to prove either hes shot or adequate to lead this team. Nobody here i hope is dumb enough to think hes elite. But when you evaluate this teams chances, our offesnsive line is by far our biggest issue.

Or else we go and get davis webb back.hes across the hall.

If we had a line that was capable of improving maybe 33% better than they are now, then we would be more effective on the ground and our qb might have a bit more time to prove either hes shot or adequate to lead this team. Nobody here i hope is dumb enough to think hes elite. But when you evaluate this teams chances, our offesnsive line is by far our biggest issue.

Or else we go and get davis webb back.hes across the hall.

I think we can get a 33% improvement this season provided that line stays healthy.

Are you one of the us?

If 99% of people assess Manning as no longer being of starting QB caliber and holding the team back, Im not going to side with the 1% for nostalgia sake. Eventually, you run out of excuses. We have. NFL execs and coaches are on record saying hes the issue. Watching with my eyes, hes the issue.