SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

Are you?

In the same thread you guys are arguing it was never Webb vs Tanney, then proceed to claim Tanney is just as effective a backup as Webb, then start to list reasons why they kept Tanney over Webb. lol

Did you major in Philosophy?

No Tanney isnt a starter either, nor do I want him coming in for a hurt Eli, I've said this from the start lol

I still don't understand your fascination with this idea.

Because all thing being equal, in terms of backup QB capability, keeping Tanney over Webb makes no sense.

McGloin, who has NFL starting experience and passable production during that time, no pun intended, kind of makes sense.

Because all thing being equal, in terms of backup QB capability, keeping Tanney over Webb makes no sense.

McGloin, who has NFL starting experience and passable production during that time, no pun intended, kind of makes sense.

If all things are equal, why keep two developmental QBs? And not look for veteran help at QB?

No just pro Webbers.

Webers?

Weebeers?

But really, would people be saying the same thing about Lauletta if he was released? How much of a mistake it was? etc?

The mistake would have been drafting him which I think played into the decision to keep him over Webb...

The mistake would have been drafting him which I think played into the decision to keep him over Webb...

I mean that pretty much was it.

I think I've said this before to you Nas but Webb was the last regimes QB, it's nothing against Webb it happens all the time in the NFL.

I mean 30+ QBs were released yesterday, some who were probably more promising than Webb, in the same type of situation.

No coach is going to go into the regular season with a bunch of developmental players at QB, it just isnt seen in the NFL, unless you a team like the Browns. Before they used to ship them off to NFL Europe, now they just wither away in FA year after year.

Shurmur picked his kid in Lauletta, and went after veteran help, which they are still looking to upgrade at, why Matt Moore hasnt been giving a look I don't know.

I mean that pretty much was it.

I think I've said this before to you Nas but Webb was the last regimes QB, it's nothing against Webb it happens all the time in the NFL.

I mean 30+ QBs were released yesterday, some who were probably more promising than Webb, in the same type of situation.

No coach is going to go into the regular season with a bunch of developmental players at QB, it just isnt seen in the NFL, unless you a team like the Browns. Before they used to ship them off to NFL Europe, now they just wither away in FA year after year.

Shurmur picked his kid in Lauletta, and went after veteran help, which they are still looking to upgrade at, why Matt Moore hasnt been giving a look I don't know.

I thought we drafted Barkley because Webb was promising... then they draft a qb in the 4th round which made zero sense.

If you had no confidence, why not draft your next franchise qb when you had the chance?

I thought we drafted Barkley because Webb was promising... then they draft a qb in the 4th round which made zero sense

I though it was because Shurmur says he can get a few more years out of Eli and none of the other QBs were worth it.

This team isnt looking towards the future at the moment.

When they do you can be damn well sure they will spend more then a third/fourth round pick on the next franchise QB.

I guess people started to really believe Webb was the guy.

Strange.

To me Webb was always going to be a career back up, at most maybe a guy you can win with if your main QB gets hurt.

Same with Lauletta.

I though it was because Shurmur says he can get a few more years out of Eli and none of the other QBs were worth it.

This team isnt looking towards the future at the moment.

When they do you can be damn well sure they will spend more then a third/fourth round pick on the next franchise QB.

I guess people started to really believe Webb was the guy.

Strange.

To me Webb was always going to be a career back up, at most maybe a guy you can win with if your main QB gets hurt.

Same with Lauletta.

All of this sounds reasonable but why waste a 4th round pick on Laulletta given all thats said above?

Gannon was never really given the chance because he was never the prototype QB when he played.

Remember the era he played in. It was all pocket passers. Rich Gannon would be a STUD in todays NFL. Instead he had a few really good seasons.

That, and he was also a Blue Hen, from back in their Tubby Raymond wing T days. He was drafted

to play safety, not QB.

All of this sounds reasonable but why waste a 4th round pick on Laulletta given all thats said above?

Shurmur is really good about being nice, but if I speak Shurmur - still learning it, but getting there - he scouted and interviewed Webb back in the draft and didn't like him then, so....

Think I just saw they're bringing him in for a workout.

Seems like the backup QB reservoir is all dried up. Is McGloin even any better than Geno Smith?

Steeler fans are happy when Landry Jones gets cut. Giants fan feel like they just lost tom Brady when a back up gets cut.

It's not the fact that Webb was cut just that people feel like they could of kept both Webb and Lauletta, without looking for QB help elsewhere.

I still don't feel it's even necessary to have two developmental guys on a team, it's like having two Ryan Nassib at the same time, it doesn't accomplish much other than wasting a spot, but I see why they feel like Tanney shouldn't be here.

I still think the Giants are looking for QB help, and will move Tanney once they find that guy, just in case Eli does go down.

I mean I highly doubt Webb was even in the picture with Getty and Shurmur, they gave him his chance to get game film this pre season and sent him along his way. Some articles coming out now that they seen what they wanted out of Lauletta and not Webb and I dont blame them for making the move. https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/09/heres_why_kyle_lauletta_has_a_future_with_giants_p.html

I mean Webb just went unclaimed by 31 other teams, at most he's hoping he'll be signed to a practice squad or wait for another QB to get hurt and fill in as a teams #3. Wish him all the best, but so far it's not like teams are jumping at the opportunity to sign him.