SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

Schoked does not mean incorrect.

And you agreeing with it doesn't make it correct... we're entitled to our opinions... and the fact that a lot of fans were left scratching their heads says a whole lot about this move.

And you agreeing with it doesn't make it correct... we're entitled to our opinions... and the fact that a lot of fans were left scratching their heads says a whole lot about this move.

Naww he's just a back up that fans for some reason, possibly the media articles, thought he was the next QB up.

If the fans made the decisions on the team Eli would of been cut long before 2007.

It's why fans are just arm chair gurus like myself.

He's just another QB added to the list that have come and gone under Eli's reign.

A Marginal QB who unlike Webb made the roster. Most likley will be cut by Game time

Made the roster based on what? Don't tell me he's a vet because I have no fucking clue who he is and I bet most people on here don't either... Like I said, I think the FO didn't want to look like idiots cutting or relegating Lulu into the practice squad... essentially throwing away a 4th round pick... either you have a win now attitude or you don't... the fact Shurmer is struggling to answer questions about Webb and the fact he's getting a ton of questions about Webb and no other player should tell you something... Here is a tidbit from the Daily News:

Leonard: Pat Shurmur fails to clarify what the Giants’ plan is after waiving Davis Webb

Confusion and concern linger about the team’s backup and succession plans for quarterback Eli Manning, 37, and while head coach Pat Shurmur was receptive to being second-guessed on Monday, he did not do much to clarify those questions.

That is where Shurmur is wrong, though. Cutting Webb is not the same as waiving any of the other players. This is all tied in to the organization’s decision to pass on a quarterback with the second overall pick without any other plan. The goal of winning again now is a good one, but it’s dangerous to do it at the potential expense of the future.

Here's the full article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-sports-pat-shurmur-eli-manning-davis-webb-20180903-story.html#

Naww he's just a back up that fans for some reason, possibly the media articles, thought he was the next QB up.

If the fans made the decisions on the team Eli would of been cut long before 2007.

It's why fans are just arm chair gurus like myself.

He's just another QB added to the list that have come and gone under Eli's reign.

He's just? and he's just? Why are you belittling the man? He's a young man who actually made it to the NFL... he has a rocket of an arm and a great work ethic... that's a lot more than describing him as "he's just".

He's just? and he's just? Why are you belittling the man? He's a young man who actually made it to the NFL... he has a rocket of an arm and a great work ethic... that's a lot more than describing him as "he's just".

And unlike Lauretta he had no ability to read a defense or make a progression on top of sloppy footwork. So his work ethic is useless.

And unlike Lauretta he had no ability to read a defense or make a progression on top of sloppy footwork. So his work ethic is useless.

Bullshit... he had a college career and we saw him in presason... he played very after the cob webs were shaken off.

Made the roster based on what? Don't tell me he's a vet because I have no fucking clue who he is and I bet most people on here don't either... Like I said, I think the FO didn't want to look like idiots cutting or relegating Lulu into the practice squad... essentially throwing away a 4th round pick... either you have a win now attitude or you don't... the fact Shurmer is struggling to answer questions about Webb and the fact he's getting a ton of questions about Webb and no other player should tell you something... Here is a tidbit from the Daily News:

Leonard: Pat Shurmur fails to clarify what the Giants’ plan is after waiving Davis Webb

Confusion and concern linger about the team’s backup and succession plans for quarterback Eli Manning, 37, and while head coach Pat Shurmur was receptive to being second-guessed on Monday, he did not do much to clarify those questions.

That is where Shurmur is wrong, though. Cutting Webb is not the same as waiving any of the other players. This is all tied in to the organization’s decision to pass on a quarterback with the second overall pick without any other plan. The goal of winning again now is a good one, but it’s dangerous to do it at the potential expense of the future.

Here's the full article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-sports-pat-shurmur-eli-manning-davis-webb-20180903-story.html#

The CBS article BC provided earlier has some more quotes from Pat Schurmer, explaining the rationale for the decision.