SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

I think the thing that is strange is that by just about any metric that you have, Webb is a better QB than Lauletta.

Size: Webb

Arm Strength: Webb

Experience: Webb

Upside: Webb

Anticipation: Lauletta

Work ethic: toss up, but Webbs is already legendary.

The real pisser is that for the 3 million guaranteed we gave Stewart (who I never thought was very good even in his prime) we could have signed Bridgewater, a guy who has experience, upside and knows the Shurmur scheme. He could've been the #2 and we'd let Lauletta and Webb compete for 3.

Instead we got Stewart, who is essentially a 3 million dollar coach.

I think the thing that is strange is that by just about any metric that you have, Webb is a better QB than Lauletta.

Size: Webb

Arm Strength: Webb

Experience: Webb

Upside: Webb

Anticipation: Lauletta

Work ethic: toss up, but Webbs is already legendary.

The real pisser is that for the 3 million guaranteed we gave Stewart (who I never thought was very good even in his prime) we could have signed Bridgewater, a guy who has experience, upside and knows the Shurmur scheme. He could've been the #2 and we'd let Lauletta and Webb compete for 3.

Instead we got Stewart, who is essentially a 3 million dollar coach.

Read the article I linked.

Shurmur said that Lauletta has the mental decision making he wants out of a QB. Webb can have all the arm in the world but that doesnt cut it in the NFL anymore, ask Newton, Kapernick, etc.

Quick decision making.

"I like the fact that he'll decide what he's looking at, see it, and pull the trigger," Shurmur said following Monday's practice. "He's decisive in what he does. He's a gamer, of sorts. We're looking forward to looking forward to working with that."

The bottom line here is that Shurmur saw enough in Kyle Lauletta on his film coming out of Richmond to choose him in the fourth-round of April's NFL Draft, and was reassured that he could get more out of him than Webb after a spring and summer's worth of practices and four exhibition games.

Yeah I really think this is all it comes down to. I wouldve liked to keep both but I could see how a team doesnt.

I don't think Webb was very talented other then his arm. Had he been a 5 year Vet it would be him over Lulu. Kyle had the intangibles but not the arm. He's scrawny so maybe they are hoping his weight goes up and so will the arm strength. Neither are the solution.

10 pages in and Vendetta is the equivalent of a 4 year old asking “but why” to every single thing you tell him/her.

I mean it's the same question everyone was asking, why Tanney over Webb?

But now it's apparent they arent happy with Tanney, they just want more experience behind Eli just in case he goes down while continuing to try to develop their QB in Lauletta. They didn't trust Webb to start any games (and they shouldn't) and they don't want Lauletta to get killed either.

I still think they should be looking at Matt Moore.

Tanney is great according to all of us who said Webb didn't belong on the roster via Shakes argument.

Does Tanney belong on the roster? Is a career camp fodder victim more valuable than the guy who got 2nd team reps all summer? It's a surprising move and some people are trying to have a reasonable discussion about it while other are being insufferable trolls.