SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

Does Tanney belong on the roster? Is a career camp fodder victim more valuable than the guy who got 2nd team reps all summer? It's a surprising move and some people are trying to have a reasonable discussion about it while other are being insufferable trolls.

Webb did not belong on a roster. Tanney had been around the NFL since 2013. He's guy who knows what to do. They can't devalope two guys. Not enough rescources.

Does Tanney belong on the roster? Is a career camp fodder victim more valuable than the guy who got 2nd team reps all summer? It's a surprising move and some people are trying to have a reasonable discussion about it while other are being insufferable trolls.

I thought I was being a cunt, I dunno.

I still don't see the value Webb brings, he was starting fresh just like Tanney and Lauletta in Shurmurs system, if it's NFL experience then Tanney has him beat there, if it's potential then Shurmur is going with the guy he thinks has the most potential, while keeping the guy with the most NFL experience.

Neither Webb nor Lauletta would of been the #2 QB this year, Shurmur didnt even name a camp #2 by all accounts. It would of been Tanney or whoever the end up bringing in as the veteran guy.

Here's the straight dope:

Webb, Lauletta, and Tanney all suck. Having the media focus on Webb is just a smokescreen so that we can sign our real QB of the future... my boy Jack Heneghan, Dartmouth QB and the next Kurt Warner, who San Fran was too insufferably stupid to keep.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/9/17333656/49ers-roster-breakdowns-90-in-90-jack-heneghan

The signs are all there. Believe it, sheeple.

Here's the straight dope:

Webb, Lauletta, and Tanney all suck. Having the media focus on Webb is just a smokescreen so that we can sign our real QB of the future... my boy Jack Heneghan, Dartmouth QB and the next Kurt Warner, who San Fran was too insufferably stupid to keep.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/9/17333656/49ers-roster-breakdowns-90-in-90-jack-heneghan

The signs are all there. Believe it, sheeple.

I believe it.

Davis Webb was released by the New York Giants on Sunday in a move that sent shockwaves across the fanbase. On Monday after the Giants' first practice in preparation for their Week 1 opponent the Jacksonville Jaguars, head coach Pat Shurmur defended his decision.

"There was no reason for me to talk about when, but while he was taking the second-team reps, I mentioned a long time ago there was no depth chart behind Eli," Shurmur told Giants reporters after Monday's practice. "We were trying to figure out who the guys playing quarterback behind Eli were going to be. He got a lot of reps and that's why people assumed he was going to be the second-string quarterback, but it didn't play out that way."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pat-shurmur-defends-the-giants-decision-to-cut-davis-webb/

Webb did not belong on a roster. Tanney had been around the NFL since 2013. He's guy who knows what to do. They can't devalope two guys. Not enough rescources.

There's plenty of resources. They've put the majority of them into developing Webb, so why not hold onto him while they focus on Lulu? Surely he has more value than Tanney?

There's plenty of resources. They've put the majority of them into developing Webb, so why not hold onto him while they focus on Lulu? Surely he has more value than Tanney?

There only so many coaches and so many hours. You can't have two guys taking a coaches time Up, especially when you have games to Win.

I thought I was being a cunt, I dunno.

I still don't see the value Webb brings, he was starting fresh just like Tanney and Lauletta in Shurmurs system, if it's NFL experience then Tanney has him beat there, if it's potential then Shurmur is going with the guy he thinks has the most potential, while keeping the guy with the most NFL experience.

Neither Webb nor Lauletta would of been the #2 QB this year, Shurmur didnt even name a camp #2 by all accounts. It would of been Tanney or whoever the end up bringing in as the veteran guy.

Week 1. Eli goes down in the 1st quarter. Who would you rather go in; Webb, Lulu or Tanny?

There only so many coaches and so many hours. You can't have two guys taking a coaches time Up, especially when you have games to Win.

I feel like that's the biggest problem with the NFL and they need a developmental league, or something.

A lot of players who should get more game/coaching time don't simply because what team is going to take away time practicing/studying for their next opponent to go work with a 4th string guy on his fundamentals?

There was a good read about it on ESPN I think, actually about how many QBs come and go out of the NFL who might of been a good player if they actually had somewhere to develop their traits.

I feel like that's the biggest problem with the NFL and they need a developmental league, or something.

A lot of players who should get more game/coaching time don't simply because what team is going to take away time practicing/studying for their next opponent to go work with a 4th string guy on his fundamentals?

There was a good read about it on ESPN I think, actually about how many QBs come and go out of the NFL who might of been a good player if they actually had somewhere to develop their traits.

Fuck , my David Carr would have been great had he an O line.

With the new CBA, def not enough snaps to go around to two developmental QBs.

It all comes down to the fact that Tanney was never really in competition with Lauletta and Webb. The competition was between Lauletta and Webb. Did Tanney even get 2nd team snaps during camp? I didnt read anything that said that.

No one is saying Tanney is Dan Marino has much as Mastershakes wants to put those words in my mouth.

The fact of that matter is that the current regime believes that Lauletta is further along than Webb after training camp. Doesnt bode well for Webbs chances as hes not a rookie and yet the same mistakes keep coming up. Poor footwork and he looked highly uncomfortable out there. Even when he was playing fairly decent.

Webb hasnt even been claimed by another NFL team yet. I have no doubt he will, but Im sure he will have an Alex Tanney like career.

Week 1. Eli goes down in the 1st quarter. Who would you rather go in; Webb, Lulu or Tanny?

Does it matter what I think or the coaches think?

If its me I take a mulligan and forfeit the season for a real chance at a QB in the draft, or I go with the most experienced guy by default, then if he sucks I go down the list, probably Webb than Lauletta.

If it's the coaches then Tanney followed by Lauletta, but I think it's their opinion that matters most.

I think the thing that is strange is that by just about any metric that you have, Webb is a better QB than Lauletta.

Size: Webb

Arm Strength: Webb

Experience: Webb

Upside: Webb

Anticipation: Lauletta

Work ethic: toss up, but Webbs is already legendary.

The real pisser is that for the 3 million guaranteed we gave Stewart (who I never thought was very good even in his prime) we could have signed Bridgewater, a guy who has experience, upside and knows the Shurmur scheme. He could've been the #2 and we'd let Lauletta and Webb compete for 3.

Instead we got Stewart, who is essentially a 3 million dollar coach.

Exactly. Their ego prevented them from keeping Webb after throwing away the 4th on Lulu.

Exactly. Their ego prevented them from keeping Webb after throwing away the 4th on Lulu.

You actually believe that Nas?

In the NFL where a coach/gm can get fired after a single down year, you honestly think Getty and Shurmur are so comfortable they would weaken the roster because of their ego?

Or just that they decided Webb isnt a NFL QB?