SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

Ok I'll bite since you think I want Tanney for some GMB logic reason I cant figure out.

Why is Webb the better option than either Tanney or Lulu at this point in their career(s)?

Than Tanney.

- Much younger with room to grow and develop

- Still learning, has the smarts, and has demonstrated an eagerness to learn

- Extremely good work ethic

- Has all of the physical tools

- Has shown year over year improvement in performance in decision making, accuracy, and pocket presence

To name a few. Your turn now. Why Tanney over Webb???? What else are you looking for in a young, backup QB from Webb?

....like Tanney isn't developmental though? Yeah, he's 31, but he's never been anything more than career camp fodder.

So they still have two developmental guys, they just aren't going to try to develop one of them. Okay, fair enough ---- but why not not develop Webb than not develop the much less talented Tanney?

The more I drill down on it, the more I think you're all off base by looking for clues on the field.

They are not Developing Tanney..... he knows the Nfl and that's his only purpose.

Davis Webb had no trade value other then to the fuckig idiot that though trading The best DE in the game was good. A guy who hadn't developed a QB in decades. Who never could develope one.

Now youre changing the standard to trade value... lol

Again, why Tanney over Webb? You still cant make a coherent case for the decision. All you guys have are insults.

Tanney is our Veteran back up this year, a role geno played. Nassib like Webb is a developing QB, now it's lulus

Tanney has 14 career passes ---- in what universe is that an experienced, veteran backup?

Geno Smith, yeah, he played a lot.... he was a veteran. I wouldn't have bothered with him even at the expense of a developmental rookie, the season would have been shot regardless of Smith or some other scrub, but at least it made sense in that respect.

These narratives make no sense to me.... cut him for a veteran? --- wtf, Tanney is no veteran, he's a failed prospect who fills out training camp rosters for a living. Cut Webb to be 'nice', and let him catch on elsewhere? --- like we know what we have in Lauletta yet? Come on, that would be so stupid, I really hope that isn't the reason.

Now youre changing the standard to trade value... lol

Again, why Tanney over Webb? You still cant make a coherent case for the decision. All you guys have are insults.

Man oh man. No talent no trade value. Again it wasn't a battle between Tanney and Webb. Like I said back in May, Webb was goner.

Tanney has 14 career passes ---- in what universe is that an experienced, veteran backup?

Geno Smith, yeah, he played a lot.... he was a veteran. I wouldn't have bothered with him even at the expense of a developmental rookie, the season would have been shot regardless of Smith or some other scrub, but at least it made sense in that respect.

These narratives make no sense to me.... cut him for a veteran? --- wtf, Tanney is no veteran, he's a failed prospect who fills out training camp rosters for a living. Cut Webb to be 'nice', and let him catch on elsewhere? --- like we know what we have in Lauletta yet? Come on, that would be so stupid, I really hope that isn't the reason.

Not saying it's a GOOD reason. I just can't think of any other.

Why are you being such a fucking cunt about this?

Holy shit you are incredibly obtuse.

Is your favorite cookie black and white???

Im asking a very simple question. What is the rationale of keeping Tanney over Webb?

So far all you have are insults and name calling

Meanwhile, I put forth a case of why we should have kept Webb over Tanney.

Not saying it's a GOOD reason. I just can't think of any other.

I hear you, that's why I'm pounding the table a bit on this one. Not a single idea put forth for why he was dumped in the last week of preseason makes me think highly of our front office or coaching staff.

Got to be a personality issue, something we wouldn't necessarily know about. That's the only 'good' reason I can figure.

If not that, or an almost absurd degree of certainty about Lauletta, then I don't know....

I’m not reading your case because you aren’t Pat Schurmer.

The rational is this and I think it’s fairly simple. Webb wasn’t a good fit? Wasn’t advanced enough?

Schumer just said he likes Lauletta’s (btw LULU? We doing the teen beat treatment with him now? LOL) because Lauletta sees it and makes the quick twitch decision.

Everything about Webb was mechanical. Nothing was smooth, even when he looked good.

Im asking a very simple question. What is the rationale of keeping Tanney over Webb?

So far all you have are insults and name calling

Meanwhile, I put forth a case of why we should have kept Webb over Tanney.

And I'm asking why you still think it's a Tanney over Webb and not a Lauletta over Webb?

You just for some reason are honed in on Tanney.

You never put fourth a case on Webb, you said he's young and has work ethic, blah blah blah.

Guess who else does? Lauletta.

Tanney showed in a single pre season game he was just as effective as Webb, to say that Webb was somehow better than either of these guys is just homerism.

I hear you, that's why I'm pounding the table a bit on this one. Not a single idea put forth for why he was dumped in the last week of preseason makes me think highly of our front office or coaching staff.

Got to be a personality issue, something we wouldn't necessarily know about. That's the only 'good' reason I can figure.

If not that, or an almost absurd degree of certainty about Lauletta, then I don't know....

What was so certain about Webb though?

This is what I don't understand.

People act like he was a proven commodity, when he's a backup QB with the same intangibles as Lauletta, and Tanney.

He hasnt started a single game, looked average in two of the three preseason games, and still hasn't been picked up by any team despite being a "clear put proven commodity as a #2 guy"

Im not reading your case because you arent Pat Schurmer.

The rational is this and I think its fairly simple. Webb wasnt a good fit? Wasnt advanced enough?

Schumer just said he likes Laulettas (btw LULU? We doing the teen beat treatment with him now? LOL) because Lauletta sees it and makes the quick twitch decision.

Everything about Webb was mechanical. Nothing was smooth, even when he looked good.

Youre now comparing Lauletta to Webb, which is beside the point. Again, why Tanney over Webb?

You wont read the case because you cant refute it and cant make the case for Tanney. Is Tanney a good fit? Is Tanney advanced enough?

Blind adherence to anything the coach and GM decides...right cause no FO ever makes a personal mistake.

I’m not reading your case because you aren’t Pat Schurmer.

The rational is this and I think it’s fairly simple. Webb wasn’t a good fit? Wasn’t advanced enough?

Schumer just said he likes Lauletta’s (btw LULU? We doing the teen beat treatment with him now? LOL) because Lauletta sees it and makes the quick twitch decision.

What if I were Chuck or Amy, would that make for better reading?

Because it’s clear that it WAS Webb va. Lauletta.

Tanney is a bystander in all of this. If you can’t grasp this then I don’t know what to tell you. It was never Tanney vs Webb, it was clearly Lauletta going against Webb.

You are doing a terrific rainman impression right now though.

Alex Tannnney. Alex Tannnnnney. 7 minutes to Tannnnnney.

What was so certain about Webb though?

This is what I don't understand.

People act like he was a proven commodity, when he's a backup QB with the same intangibles as Lauletta, and Tanney.

He hasnt started a single game, looked average in two of the three preseason games, and still hasn't been picked up by any team despite being a "clear put proven commodity as a #2 guy"

oh maybe some people are acting like that --- I'm not one of them.

What I'm actually positing is that he perhaps didn't have the same intangibles as Lauletta or Tanney.... rather, he was much worse. Hey, I'm looking for a way out of this where our front office doesn't come off as inept, work with me here! LOL

Not a damn thing is certain about any of them, but all other things being equal, if I'm given the choice between 23 year old uncertainty and 31 year old uncertainty, I know which way I lean.

Because its clear that it WAS Webb va. Lauletta.

Tanney is a bystander in all of this. If you cant grasp this then I dont know what to tell you. It was never Tanney vs Webb, it was clearly Lauletta going against Webb.

You are doing a terrific rainman impression right now though.

Alex Tannnney. Alex Tannnnnney. 7 minutes to Tannnnnney.

Tanney is a bystander? Lol. It was Webb vs Lauletta? How do you know all of this?

Lets examine what we know. Tanney was kept. Webb was not. The question is why Tanney over Webb. So far youve brought up Lauletta, and Tanney being a bystander.