SportsWrath

Giants' Eli Manning-Davis Webb mess

Nas

Darnold 26 tds 12 interceptions. Last year 31 and 9.

Allen has 13 and 6. Last year 28 and 15.

Edit: oops you said Rosen. He is 26 and 10. Last year 10 and 5

Is that ratio typical of a college QB? I looked up Carson Wentz and he seems to have similar ration (based on my recollection) but in the pros he's really good at not throwing INTs.

Is that ratio typical of a college QB? I looked up Carson Wentz and he seems to have similar ration (based on my recollection) but in the pros he's really good at not throwing INTs.

I couldnt tell you, I only really watch the bowl games

Yea Mayfield improved a whole lot his last 2 years...

Over 11 yards per attempt too which is bonkers. I know hes short and I know theres some personality risk too but hes done nothing but exceed expectations since he was a high school freshman. I think hes a winner and a leader

Over 11 yards per attempt too which is bonkers. I know hes short and I know theres some personality risk too but hes done nothing but exceed expectations since he was a high school freshman. I think hes a winner and a leader

Yea he's 6 1" which is "short" in the measurables... but I've never been a fan of measurables... I remember a very small safety who played for the colts who played lights out... How tall is Russel Wilson? 5 11" according to Google.

Make my words, Mayfield will be a solid NFL starter.

Accuracy and very low INT ratio are great indicators.. he's projected to be picked 9th (or at least no later than) by the bengals... If the Giants like him, I don't know if they're willing to take a chance by trading down a few spots... but it's a very viable possibility.

Yea... Darnold is heading to Cleveland... but what strikes me is both Darnold and Rosen have high INT numbers, no?

Darnold scares me with his recklessness. He's like Favre and Romo combined with the shit he pulls but for some reason it works.

Darnold scares me with his recklessness. He's like Favre and Romo combined with the shit he pulls but for some reason it works.

that guy might have the most insanely talented arm I've ever seen. Raise arm, flick wrist, and watch it fly 60 yards. Its incredible.

And he moves well too.

After reading all of this I went out and grabbed a bunch of Mayfield videos.... and I think I'm more excited about Oklahoma's offensive line and receivers. Over and over, receivers running open by ten and fifteen yards, and Mayfield consistently has as long in the pocket as he wants.

So I'm thinking that he's just a product of that team, as far as I can see. I don't know how to evaluate the guy when he's surrounded by players that so consistently outclass the guys that they're lined up against. For all I can tell, Mayfield could be just about the worst player on that team, and his numbers would still be great.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-finally-prepared-give-davis-webb-opportunity-article-1.3711646

Davis Webb finally is going to play.

Maybe not Sunday in Arizona but before the Giants' season is over, either on Christmas Eve against the Cardinals or on New Year's Eve in the regular season home finale against Washington, Webb clearly is going to play.

Otherwise why would Steve Spagnuolo suddenly give Webb six of the first-team offense's eight snaps against the first-team defense in Wednesday's brisk outdoor practice?

Imo Allen needs work, but he has the tools to be great. He moves around well in the pocket and has the ability to throw on the run. The problem lies in his team is underwhelming and they play in the MWC.

The reason the Manning family is significant in this is Eli might actually have some input into who we draft and from what I've heard, Archie, Peyton and Eli all seem to love the kid.

Granted, aside from the few highlights I've seen idk much about him cause I couldn't care less about Wyoming football... and im on the Rosen bandwagon atm, but considering the entire family gave this kid their seal of approval there might actually be something there.

I saw him live against Iowa earlier in their non conference schedule. .

Kid was surround by nothing...all of his good senior talent when he put up good to great numbers in 16 are gone...no line...fresh receivers....basically running for his life....that ...and getting the shit beat out of him....is why his numbers are so off this years.

Dude has the goods...a cannon arm.......I mean 25 and 30 yard outs flat footed...on a line throws. He has great feet ...very athletic. ...and puts it on a dime..great game sense ...he had probably 6 drops including a sure TD. He had two ints...but both on perfect balls his guys tipped into the air.

Last guy I saw throw that well in that stadium was a MAC guy....Ben Roethenburger.

If the is around they should definitely take a look at him...assuming his shoulder checks out...the guy took a massive beating this past season.

C. Wagon

Same. Cant wait for the Georgia game. I feel like Mara will need convincing and big wins on a national stage might do it

Love his competitiveness.....but I don't know man....6'1"....spread offense guy from the no defense playing Big 12 and what defense they do play is all Nichol or Dime....... has the guy ever taken a snap under center....?

C. Wgaon

Love his competitiveness.....but I don't know man....6'1"....spread offense guy from the no defense playing Big 12 and what defense they do play is all Nichol or Dime....... has the guy ever taken a snap under center....?

C. Wgaon

In fairness, is Eli ever under center? He wasnt with Mcadoo, anyway. Running the ball out of single back, iform, as well as playaction didnt exist in this offense.

C. Wgaon

All fair concerns, Goff has transitioned well after never playing under center and If mayfield shreds Georgia then well have our answer about how he plays against a good defense.