SportsWrath

Davis Webb

Sephiroth

My prediction is, at best Davis Webb ends up as Joe Flacco or Matt Schaub...competent game manager, but not elite. Or, he ends up as Brock Osweiler or David Carr.

My prediction is Webb would push Eli out sooner than later... I think the sheer # of interceptions Eli throws finally catches up with him... I'll give it 2 years before Webb is named starter.

My prediction is Webb would push Eli out sooner than later... I think the sheer # of interceptions Eli throws finally catches up with him... I'll give it 2 years before Webb is named starter.

2019 opt out on Eli's contract which is exactly the same time they'll have to pay OBJ. They are going to want to see what McAdoo does with his own guy and it's better to have a QB then to need a QB

2019 opt out on Eli's contract which is exactly the same time they'll have to pay OBJ. They are going to want to see what McAdoo does with his own guy and it's better to have a QB then to need a QB

And by then Eli maybe resigned to hang 'em up.... besides we've been lucky he's not missed a game but nothing is guaranteed. I thought the Giants would pick a QB and I'm glad they got him in the 3rd instead of the 4th as I'd mocked... there's no guarantee he was going to be there. Add to that that he's been mentioned in the same zip code as those who went in the 1st round... I'm thrilled we got him.

Nassib was a boob whose own coach, Doug Marrone, refused to draft him. That should have been a sign right there not to touch him. Hell, even now, no team will touch him and he remains a free agent. Another Jerry Reese guy that plays out their rookie contract on the bench or practice squad and is out of the league right after.

And if I recall, we traded up for Nassib too, right?

I think we did trade up... I know Joe was upset we didn't draft Greene the LB Chicago picked... However in Nassib's defense, he never started any games because Eli never missed any... One can argue that Nassib having been drafted by the Giants derailed his career. And what team would want an older untested rookie at this point?

I think we did trade up... I know Joe was upset we didn't draft Greene the LB Chicago picked... However in Nassib's defense, he never started any games because Eli never missed any... One can argue that Nassib having been drafted by the Giants derailed his career. And what team would want an older untested rookie at this point?

He fell to us in the fourth, didn't have to move up. Disappointing that we really never saw much of him and what we did was average at best. I think Nassib would have been picked up already if he was healthy but he is coming off of an injury and surgery. Probably get picked up before the start of the season if he healthy and ready. I don't think McAdoo was a big fan of Nassib so I'd say right now everything has happened as it should have.

He fell to us in the fourth, didn't have to move up. Disappointing that we really never saw much of him and what we did was average at best. I think Nassib would have been picked up already if he was healthy but he is coming off of an injury and surgery. Probably get picked up before the start of the season if he healthy and ready. I don't think McAdoo was a big fan of Nassib so I'd say right now everything has happened as it should have.

We actually traded our 4th and 6th for him. Not a big deal, since it was only a 6th, but JR and co saw something in him to try to target him.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-draft/2013/4/27/4274794/2013-nfl-draft-results-new-york-giants-trade-select-ryan-nassib-qb-syracuse

Well Webb is probably going to be inactive as the 3rd stringerall year according to McAdoo. Thinking about it they probably could of waited and nabbed Dawkins in round two and then their DT in round three Adams, Jones, Brantley, Watkins and Vanderdoes were all there and like I said there wasn't much separating the DT's

Well Webb is probably going to be inactive as the 3rd stringerall year according to McAdoo. Thinking about it they probably could of waited and nabbed Dawkins in round two and then their DT in round three Adams, Jones, Brantley, Watkins and Vanderdoes were all there and like I said there wasn't much separating the DT's

Idk brother.. the kid we got looks like a beast out there... I wnated Dawkins but oh well.

Just hoping Webb doesn't turn out to be the next Dave Brown...he has almost the same setup. High draft pick who can count on sitting behind veterans for a few years.

Umm yeah not the same scenario. We can hope he doesn't turn into Ryan Nassib...years on the bench and not a super bowl in between.