SportsWrath

Davis Webb

Sephiroth

I know I'll get shit for it, but the Giants were very overrated in so many ways. Fassel and his prediction that they'll go to the playoffs :laugh: the NFC sucked so bad back then and NY showed it in the SF game, worst year ever for me even over the Brown BS.

I know I'll get shit for it, but the Giants were very overrated in so many ways. Fassel and his prediction that they'll go to the playoffs :laugh: the NFC sucked so bad back then and NY showed it in the SF game, worst year ever for me even over the Brown BS.

That Giants/Ravens Super Bowl is a great example of what happens when a finesse offense meets a physical defense... hence why I push so hard for a physical offense.

That Giants/Ravens Super Bowl is a great example of what happens when a finesse offense meets a physical defense... hence why I push so hard for a physical offense.

IMO, we were still in that game until the 3rd qtr. Kerry Collins made sure we lost it too.

No, not at all. I just don't think he was intended to be "the guy".

I just don't think they would draft a player with the intention of never doing anything and just wasting the kids career.

From what I've read MacAttack has a raging clue for the kid.

I just don't think they would draft a player with the intention of never doing anything and just wasting the kids career.

Like Nassib? He was never going to take over for Eli, but I guess you have to have a prospect on the back burner at all times just in case, regardless of veteran depth.

I found this pick strange because next year's draft is supposed to be filled with QB talent, until I saw that Nassib was gone, figuring they needed to fill a hole on the roster. I think it's far too early to anoint anyone Eli's successor, and I just feel they'll make another move like they did in '04 when they know who their guy is going to be. I don't think we're going to get Patriot lucky and find our new QB in the later rounds. We're going to pay dearly again.

LOL, well I just saw this:

Giants owner: Premature to say Davis Webb is Eli's heir

The assumption among the football world was the New York Giants selected Eli Manning's heir when Big Blue snagged Davis Webb in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Giants CEO John Mara pumped the breaks on that supposition during a Tuesday appearance on The Rich Eisen Show.

"I am in the room with [general manager Jerry Reese] and I do give the final approval to everybody that we take," Mara said of the Webb pick. "But I was hoping that we would take a quarterback at some point. I've always held the belief that you could never draft too many of them. I think it's a little too premature to be anointing this guy as the heir apparent to Eli. [Webb] hasn't set foot on the field yet. But he has a lot of talent and we're looking forward to seeing what we've got when he gets here. But let's not, as Bill Parcells used to say, let's not get his bust ready for Canton just yet."
The key for Mara is to let Webb develop before deciding whether he can be the future of the franchise.
"But no, listen, he's a talented guy but let's let him get on the field and let's let him play in the preseason and develop," Mara said. "If he's the successor, that's great, but if not, then we'll find somebody else."
The Giants admitted this year that Eli Manning is on the "back nine" of his career. With Manning turning 36 years old, New York is prudent to begin thinking about a successor.
Webb entered the draft with most analysts believing he needs time to mature into a starting-caliber quarterback. Learning behind Iron Man Manning could be the best education if Webb is to be the next torchbearer in New York. Of course, some Giants fans thought they had the next hot young project when they used a 2013 fourth-round pick on Ryan Nassib, who is now a free agent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000807443/article/giants-owner-premature-to-say-davis-webb-is-elis-heir

Anyone who mention's #17's name on these boards again needs to have a lifetime ban.

From now on we'll refer to him as "He who shall not be named."

I thought that was the rule here but some people need to be smacked upside the head...

No, not at all. I just don't think he was intended to be "the guy".

Then He's Nassib all over again and a wasted pick, but I think you're right I wouldn't be surprised if they take one in the first round next year in a strong class

Then He's Nassib all over again and a wasted pick, but I think you're right I wouldn't be surprised if they take one in the first round next year in a strong class

We already drafted one, let us pass on doing it again next year. If the Giants draft a QB next year I will NOT be happy.

:furious:

:ranting2:

There will be hell to pay