SportsWrath

The Fat Lady has sung

BleedinBlue

We'll win the last two games now.

Probably. Move us down in the draft order from 9 or 10 to 21 or something. Then the guy we have are heart set on gets drafted at I pick ahead of us by the Eagles and the player haunts us for the next 10 years the way Witten haunts us.

Probably. Move us down in the draft order from 9 or 10 to 21 or something. Then the guy we have are heart set on gets drafted at I pick ahead of us by the Eagles and the player haunts us for the next 10 years the way Witten haunts us.

Such a shame they lost those games where we had the lead late in the 4th. but they're really not good enough to do any damage in the playoffs anyway. I hope they fix all those issues and we may just win some games next year, and getting healthy wouldn't hurt either.

This year has made me sick. I have no desire to watch this team tonight. I'm sure they will win the next two games.

It seems like it wouldn't matter anyway.... The Cowboys snd other teams are jockeying for draft positioning.

It seems like it wouldn't matter anyway.... The Cowboys snd other teams are jockeying for draft positioning.

I'm rooting for all the 5-9 and 6-8 teams to win from here on so that maybe they'll leap frog the Giants and have to pick further down the draft board. The Cowboys are so far down, they are drafting ahead of us no matter what.

Bills were 6-8, but won today and are now 7-8

Colts won and are now 7-8

Raiders won today and are now 7-8

Rams are leading the Seahawks in the 3rd qtr and if they win, they'll be 7-8

It all bodes well for the Giants in the next draft period.

Rams are up by 13 points with 2:00 left in the game. If they hold the lead, they move from 6-8 to 7-8...another blessing in disguise. Not to mention, I can't stand the Seahawks. Not as much as I hate the Cowboys and Patriots, but pretty dang close.

I'm rooting for all the 5-9 and 6-8 teams to win from here on so that maybe they'll leap frog the Giants and have to pick further down the draft board. The Cowboys are so far down, they are drafting ahead of us no matter what.

Bills were 6-8, but won today and are now 7-8

Colts won and are now 7-8

Raiders won today and are now 7-8

Rams are leading the Seahawks in the 3rd qtr and if they win, they'll be 7-8

It all bodes well for the Giants in the next draft period.

It's very sad the way this season went...

It's very sad the way this season went...

Injuries to key players - having to play scrubs in their place - no pass rush....and for some reason, complete retardation concerning clock management.

If we can ever stay healthy for a whole season and our best players don't blow their hand off...we can make some serious noise. The dice just didn't roll for us this year. There were some bright spots that I hope will carry over to next year.

Draft order as it sits right now:

1. Tennessee Titans (3-12)

2. Cleveland Browns (3-12)

3. San Diego Chargers (4-11)

4. Dallas Cowboys (4-11)

5. San Francisco 49ers (4-11)

6. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-10)

7. Miami Dolphins (5-10)

8. Baltimore Ravens (5-10)

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-9)

10. New York Giants (6-9)

11. New Orleans Saints (6-9)

12. Philadelphia Eagles (6-9)

13. Detroit Lions (6-9)

14. Chicago Bears (6-9)

15. Indianapolis Colts (7-8)

16. Buffalo Bills (7-8)

17. Oakland Raiders (7-8)

18. St. Louis Rams (7-8)

19. Atlanta Falcons (8-7)

20. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6)

Projected to make the playoffs:

21. Washington (8-7)

22. Houston Texans (8-7)

23. Seattle Seahawks (9-6)

24. New York Jets (10-5)

25. Kansas City Chiefs (10-5)

26. Green Bay Packers (10-5)

27. Minnesota Vikings (10-5)

28. Denver Broncos (10-4)

29. Cincinnati Bengals (11-3)

30. Arizona Cardinals (13-2)

31. New England Patriots (12-3) (Pick forfeited)

32. Carolina Panthers (14-1)

I am rooting for all the 6-9 and 5-10 teams to win their last games. As for the Giants, the Eagles have been the Giants' Kryptonite that losing to them is a foregone conclusion...especially considering how we played against Minnie. Hope they start Nassib and sit all the starters for the game.

On a side note: Winner of next week's Giants-Eagles matchup gets a trip to Seattle in 2016. loser gets to play the Rams in London

Bleedin', when determining draft order, how are regular season record ties broken? I.E., Giants and Saints both 7-9, how do they determine who picks first in the first round?

Since the Giants played the Saints and lost to them, they draft ahead of them in the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th rounds. Teams with identical records reverse draft order after each round. The tie is broken by comparing strength of schedule, but when the teams played head-to-head in one game, the loser of the two gets to draft ahead of the other...at least in the odd rounds (1,3,5,7).

I love the fact that the Patriots don't have a first round pick in the upcoming draft. They usually stockpile and have more than one first rounder.

Wherever we land, we should be able to get a solid player in the first. And because the Pats don't get a first round pick, we move up one rung on the ladder in round 2.

Since the Giants played the Saints and lost to them, they draft ahead of them in the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th rounds. Teams with identical records reverse draft order after each round. The tie is broken by comparing strength of schedule, but when the teams played head-to-head in one game, the loser of the two gets to draft ahead of the other...at least in the odd rounds (1,3,5,7).

I love the fact that the Patriots don't have a first round pick in the upcoming draft. They usually stockpile and have more than one first rounder.

Wherever we land, we should be able to get a solid player in the first. And because the Pats don't get a first round pick, we move up one rung on the ladder in round 2.

Correction... Patriots don't CURRENTLY have a first round pick. :) Belichek always seems to find a way.

So the only way we move ahead of the Bucs is if they win and we lose next week. They play on the road against the Panthers next week... sounds like a loss but maybe Rivera rests his key starters giving them a chance. There is no way we can move ahead of the Dolphins, and I'm guessing the Jaguars have had an easier schedule than us meaning we could move ahead of them if they lose next week to the Texans. I think the Ravens have probably had a tougher schedule than us, so best case I think we only may be able to move up ahead of Jags and Bucs (again, provided the Bucs win and we lose) for the 8th overall pick. That would be a good spot, I think.

Not a lot of opportunity to move up. The Bears and Lions are in the same boat as the Giants and Eagles - winner drops to a worse draft pick. Some of the 5-10 teams might win as their opponents are getting ready for the playoffs and will probably sit their starters for half the game to keep them ready for games that count.

Regardless, there is not a single positive thing to gain for the Giants to win next Sunday. As far as winning one for morale goes...the morale of this team left port a long time ago.

I think in the annals nobody cares if a non-playoff finishes 7-9 or 6-10. What we will care about is missing out on a superstar because a team that could've drafted after us grabbed that guy in front of us. That said, I hate watching the Eagles win a game, and absolutely loathe it when it's against us. Sacrifices must be made, though.

Time to see if Mathias Kiwanuka has anything left in the tank. No reason to start the young guys.

It's like they don't trust their own draft process. Hey we like this Jay Bromley who we drafted in the third round...instead of giving him a chance let's go get a Kenrick Ellis and cut him the week before the season...yeah that Louis Nix who missed his entire rookie year and all of his senior year at Notre Dame has become available...oh wow I love those type guys...you know thank god we have Marcus Kuhn has the backup plan in case none of this works out

Currently there are 5 teams with 4 or fewer wins than us. We can't catch them in the loss department. That's 5 teams that will pick ahead of us no matter what. Titans, Browns, Cowboys, 49ers, Chargers.

Then you get to the 5 win teams: Ravens, Dolphins, Jaguars. Ravens @ Bengals, Dolphins @ Patriots, Jaguars @ Texans. All 3 of the 5-win teams are on the road in week 17. Two of the 5-win teams are playing against their own division winner. Unless the division winner has cemented their playoff seed and rests starters, I really don't see these 5-win teams standing too much of a chance. I could easily see all 3 staying at 5 wins.

So I think those 8 teams stay ahead of us in the draft order...making #9 overall the most realistic ceiling for us to obtain when it comes to draft order.

Then you look at the 6 win teams: Giants, Eagles, Bears, Saints, Buccs, Lions. Eagles and Giants play each other and loser gets the better draft position. Bears and Lions play each other and loser gets the better draft position. Saints v. Falcons...could go either way given it's a division game and like the NFC East, the Saints/Falcons/Panthers...seem to swap games regardless of overall record. We really should root for the Buccs though because we beat them head to head in the regular season...so tying records with them would have them picking ahead of us. But, that Bears/Lions game guarantees one of those teams to get a win and drop in the draft order. So if the Giants lose, the Eagles and the winner of the Lions/Bears will drop. So two teams fall out of the 9-14 pick range, 3 if the Buccs beat the Panthers.

Then you look at the 7 win teams: Colts, Bills, Rams, Raiders. We really want the Bills to lose because if they lose and we win, that puts us both at 7 wins and they overtake us in draft order due to head to head in regular season. Colts actually play the Titans, who seemingly are gunning for the #1 pick...so there's that. Not sure how the tiebreakers would affect the other 3 teams here.

Ultimately, there are 18 teams with 7 wins or less. 5 of those pick ahead of us no matter what happens. That gives us a range of #6-#18. Because the Lions and Bears play each other, one of those will drop for certain into the 15-18 window. So really, we're looking at picking #6-#17 right now. A win against Philly will drop us into the mid-teens. A loss against Philly will guarantee us a top 10 pick.

All this to boil it down to the fact that a win will cost us about 5 or 6 draft spots...which could be the difference between getting the top player at a position we need OR having to choose between the top player at a position we don't need as much and the 2nd best player at a position of greatest need. It's a bigger deal than I think a lot of fans/media make it out to be.

Currently there are 5 teams with 4 or fewer wins than us. We can't catch them in the loss department. That's 5 teams that will pick ahead of us no matter what. Titans, Browns, Cowboys, 49ers, Chargers.

Then you get to the 5 win teams: Ravens, Dolphins, Jaguars. Ravens @ Bengals, Dolphins @ Patriots, Jaguars @ Texans. All 3 of the 5-win teams are on the road in week 17. Two of the 5-win teams are playing against their own division winner. Unless the division winner has cemented their playoff seed and rests starters, I really don't see these 5-win teams standing too much of a chance. I could easily see all 3 staying at 5 wins.

So I think those 8 teams stay ahead of us in the draft order...making #9 overall the most realistic ceiling for us to obtain when it comes to draft order.

Then you look at the 6 win teams: Giants, Eagles, Bears, Saints, Buccs, Lions. Eagles and Giants play each other and loser gets the better draft position. Bears and Lions play each other and loser gets the better draft position. Saints v. Falcons...could go either way given it's a division game and like the NFC East, the Saints/Falcons/Panthers...seem to swap games regardless of overall record. We really should root for the Buccs though because we beat them head to head in the regular season...so tying records with them would have them picking ahead of us. But, that Bears/Lions game guarantees one of those teams to get a win and drop in the draft order. So if the Giants lose, the Eagles and the winner of the Lions/Bears will drop. So two teams fall out of the 9-14 pick range, 3 if the Buccs beat the Panthers.

Then you look at the 7 win teams: Colts, Bills, Rams, Raiders. We really want the Bills to lose because if they lose and we win, that puts us both at 7 wins and they overtake us in draft order due to head to head in regular season.

Colts actually play the Titans, who seemingly are gunning for the #1 pick...so there's that. Not sure how the tiebreakers would affect the other 3 teams here.

Ultimately, there are 18 teams with 7 wins or less. 5 of those pick ahead of us no matter what happens. That gives us a range of #6-#18. Because the Lions and Bears play each other, one of those will drop for certain into the 15-18 window. So really, we're looking at picking #6-#17 right now. A win against Philly will drop us into the mid-teens. A loss against Philly will guarantee us a top 10 pick.

All this to boil it down to the fact that a win will cost us about 5 or 6 draft spots...which could be the difference between getting the top player at a position we need OR having to choose between the top player at a position we don't need as much and the 2nd best player at a position of greatest need. It's a bigger deal than I think a lot of fans/media make it out to be.

Good summary. Although, I don't quite get your reference to wanting the Bills to lose and the Giants to win. Maybe you left the word "don't" in the middle of "we want".

Regardless....there is absolutely nothing positive in our winning Sunday. When draft day gets here, the picking order is the most important matter for us and makes the difference between getting a game changer or a good player that probably won't fix any of our issues.

Hate - and I mean absolutely hate - to root for a loss, but I have to based on all the changes that will be made to this team when the season is over.