SportsWrath

The Fat Lady has sung

BleedinBlue

Good summary. Although, I don't quite get your reference to wanting the Bills to lose and the Giants to win. Maybe you left the word "don't" in the middle of "we want".

Regardless....there is absolutely nothing positive in our winning Sunday. When draft day gets here, the picking order is the most important matter for us and makes the difference between getting a game changer or a good player that probably won't fix any of our issues.

Hate - and I mean absolutely hate - to root for a loss, but I have to based on all the changes that will be made to this team when the season is over.

Yeah, I phrased that Bills game wrong. I had it one way, switched it a couple of times to where I thought I had it the way I wanted...because the draft order is an inversion of the overall records league-wide, it's tough to phrase things correctly.

Bottom line, we want the Bills to finish with a better record than us...not a tied record...because we beat them in the regular season, a tied record would give the Bills the better pick amongst us.

Yeah, I phrased that Bills game wrong. I had it one way, switched it a couple of times to where I thought I had it the way I wanted...because the draft order is an inversion of the overall records league-wide, it's tough to phrase things correctly.

Bottom line, we want the Bills to finish with a better record than us...not a tied record...because we beat them in the regular season, a tied record would give the Bills the better pick amongst us.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant.

Ideally, we get a top 10 pick and there is a run on QB's and WR's ahead of us so that we get a stud DE. That would be my wish. Regardless, draft day is so much more fun when we are in the group that gets to take game changers.

Ideally, we get a top 10 pick and there is a run on QB's and WR's ahead of us so that we get a stud DE. That would be my wish. Regardless, draft day is so much more fun when we are in the group that gets to take game changers.

Really depending on how the draft goes a game changer can be within the first 20 picks of the draft.

Heck OBJ was selected at 12.

I think that QBs could go to Cleveland, Dallas, and/or 49ers...all who will pick before us. If the Eagles end up picking before us, you could add them to that list. Titans, Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins all seem to have their guy. I honestly have no clue who the starting QB in Jacksonville is, so maybe you add them too. So yeah, I think there is definitely 1, if not 2, QBs taken in the top 10.

WR, from early glances, doesn't appear to be near as strong in this draft as in past years. Treadwell is seemingly the only top 10 WR, but I think that the combine affects WRs as much as any other position...so who knows...could be more than one. I've actually thought about the Giants selecting Treadwell...briefly...before realizing how pathetic our defense has been.

OT, you always have to figure that 2 of those go in the top 10 picks.

So the top two OTs, the top WR, and maybe the top two QBs go in the top ten. Figure the top 2 DEs go. That's 7 picks there. We could be looking at the top LB, top CB/S, top DT...

But first things first, we have to lose week 17...and yeah, I hate that feeling...especially because it's the Eagles.

Really depending on how the draft goes a game changer can be within the first 20 picks of the draft.

Heck OBJ was selected at 12.

There's always a bit of luck in drafts. JPP was considered a reach because of his lack of playing football. When OBJ dropped, he was ranked anywhere from 3rd - 6th best receiver in the class. I remember being disappointed because we had Nicks and Cruz and I didn't know much about Odell other than he was short for a receiver and we already had a shorty in Cruz. And Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans were already off the board so I was screaming for us to take Zack Martin and remember being really, really upset that Martin fell into the laps of the Cowboys.

In hind sight, I believe that OBJ would've gone no.1 overall if the teams know what they know now. Everyone was drooling over Jadeveon Clowney...lol. Clowney has a total of 32 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks in his first 2 years in the NFL.

You never really know who's going to be available when we're on the clock and the front office sees things differently than us fans. All I know is that it's better to draft higher in the draft order than lower....and Lady Luck plays a part.

There's always a bit of luck in drafts. JPP was considered a reach because of his lack of playing football. When OBJ dropped, he was ranked anywhere from 3rd - 6th best receiver in the class. I remember being disappointed because we had Nicks and Cruz and I didn't know much about Odell other than he was short for a receiver and we already had a shorty in Cruz. And Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans were already off the board so I was screaming for us to take Zack Martin and remember being really, really upset that Martin fell into the laps of the Cowboys.

In hind sight, I believe that OBJ would've gone no.1 overall if the teams know what they know now. Everyone was drooling over Jadeveon Clowney...lol. Clowney has a total of 32 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks in his first 2 years in the NFL.

You never really know who's going to be available when we're on the clock and the front office sees things differently than us fans. All I know is that it's better to draft higher in the draft order than lower....and Lady Luck plays a part.

Of course, I dont think a single draft would of gone the way it did if teams could look five years in the future, actually I think NFL.com has draft do over articles about how drafts would of gone years later.

It's why HoF players end up going undrafted.

I'm just saying I have never been one of these "We need to draft as high as possible" type of thinkers, outside of the top six or seven picks in the draft, it's really anyones game and a guy taken at 28 has just as much chance to be game changer as a guy at pick 11.

Now if the Giant's COULD of drafted within the top 5 sure, but outside of that I feel at that point it's hit or miss if a player will develop, hell even within the top five it's hard to predict what a player will become.

Of course, I dont think a single draft would of gone the way it did if teams could look five years in the future, actually I think NFL.com has draft do over articles about how drafts would of gone years later.

It's why HoF players end up going undrafted.

I'm just saying I have never been one of these "We need to draft as high as possible" type of thinkers, outside of the top six or seven picks in the draft, it's really anyones game and a guy taken at 28 has just as much chance to be game changer as a guy at pick 11.

Now if the Giant's COULD of drafted within the top 5 sure, but outside of that I feel at that point it's hit or miss if a player will develop, hell even within the top five it's hard to predict what a player will become.

So true. The list of first round past picks that were complete duds is endless. We've been burned ourselves more than once...Dayne, Joseph, etc.

It seems QB's have the biggest fallout for becoming busts. All of the offensive "skill" positions are big risks. Linemen on both sides of the ball are typically the lowest risk (as long as they have a good work ethic, unlike couch potato Joseph).

You know Clowney had knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus and subsequent microfracture surgery (the worst surgery for an athlete to have on his knee) both last season?

Clowney was dominant in the Patriots game this year, flashing what he will become. The guy is a beast, but nobody will ever know how good he could've been if he has another injury to that knee, and who knows, he may never get back what he was before that injury. Point is, the Texans didn't know Clowney was going to have a catastrophic knee injury so early in his career (less than 4 games). So I think it's kind of wrong to paint him as some sort of bust or mistake pick by the Texans. That kind of thing can happen to anyone. Hopefully next year, having a full season removed from the surgery, he will begin to show what a dominant player he is, because he has that kind of ability.

I think that QBs could go to Cleveland, Dallas, and/or 49ers...all who will pick before us. If the Eagles end up picking before us, you could add them to that list. Titans, Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins all seem to have their guy. I honestly have no clue who the starting QB in Jacksonville is, so maybe you add them too. So yeah, I think there is definitely 1, if not 2, QBs taken in the top 10.

WR, from early glances, doesn't appear to be near as strong in this draft as in past years. Treadwell is seemingly the only top 10 WR, but I think that the combine affects WRs as much as any other position...so who knows...could be more than one. I've actually thought about the Giants selecting Treadwell...briefly...before realizing how pathetic our defense has been.

OT, you always have to figure that 2 of those go in the top 10 picks.

So the top two OTs, the top WR, and maybe the top two QBs go in the top ten. Figure the top 2 DEs go. That's 7 picks there. We could be looking at the top LB, top CB/S, top DT...

But first things first, we have to lose week 17...and yeah, I hate that feeling...especially because it's the Eagles.

Are you serious? Blake Bortles? He was taken 3rd overall in last year's draft and he's thrown for about 4200 yards and 35 TDs already this year. He needs to get the INTs down (16), but he is a phenomenal talent, their franchise QB who will be among the top QB's in short order battling Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, etc for years to come. Bortles is the man.

Footnote, he went to my high school... Pride of Oviedo High.

Players are busts for many reasons including serious injuries early in their career. I don't think Clowney is a total bust, but he's playing with fragile knees and you just know those tender knees will be the favorite targets of opponents using chop blocks. We have felt the burn of injuries killing the dreams of our draft picks (Chad Jones jumps to mind, Terrell Thomas, etc.).

Some players just can't switch gears and learn the pro game after excelling in the college game. They are very different games and the competition is immense at the pro level where players are faster and stronger and think like NFL players are supposed to think.

Then there's the "high risk, high reward" crap shoots like Marvin Austin...big time bust.

But again, my points are about teams needing a little "luck" when drafting. It would be really, really nice if the Giants could find some of that luck behind their first two picks. Kennard seems to be one as was Bradshaw and Cofield.

To me I never consider a guy who's career is severely impacted or cut short by injury as a draft bust.

I would never say Chad Jones was a draft bust, for example. He's a "what might've been".

A draft bust is a guy like Ron Dayne. You think he's going to be a superstar and you completely overestimated his talent.

To me I never consider a guy who's career is severely impacted or cut short by injury as a draft bust.

I would never say Chad Jones was a draft bust, for example. He's a "what might've been".

A draft bust is a guy like Ron Dayne. You think he's going to be a superstar and you completely overestimated his talent.

Good point. Dayne still stings. I can see him on the sideline eating donuts and getting fat before my very eyes.

Some just never really pan out and it's a combination of injuries and failure to step up when healthy (Sintim, Beckham, etc.)

I am beginning to think that Williams will end up in the "bust" category. He's been healthy, just doesn't seem to be able to handle the pro game like he did the college game. I had such big hopes.

Bortles is a fucking stud. Don't worry about jax taking a qb until 2029

Yup. I remember a lot of people mocked the Jags for not taking Manziel or Bridgewater. Oops. I saw Bortles play at UCF and he was my top QB in the draft, although with the hometown connection there might have been a bit of bias, you could see he had the chops... the downfield touch, prototypical size, great arm strength, and throw in the plus mobility... I just told the doubters wait and see with this guy. He's going to re-shape that Jacksonville franchise. They are on the precipice of a golden era.

Don't forget Ike Hilliard... Major bust.