SportsWrath

There's hope still....NFC East is a complete mess

BleedinBlue

Trying to keep my rose-colored glasses on and see something positive out of the debacle known as the Giants.

If we were in pretty much any other division, we'd be screwed. But we're in the NFC East, and that turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

Why you ask?? Because the NFC East Blows!

Cowboys: Yeah, 2-0 thanks to the help of some calls by the refs. But they are without their two main players due to broken bones: Romo and Bryant. Yesterday's win was unimpressive and included averaging a paltry 2.9 yards per carry and they had more than 100 yards in penalties. Face it, the team sucks and they are leading the division

Eagles: There can't be a more pathetic team in the league right now. They pick up the best RB in the NFL and coupled with their front line, DeMarco Murray has 11 total yards in 21 rushing attempts in two games. That's an average of about 6 inches per carry. And Bradford has already thrown 4 interceptions. Hardly the marks of a good team.

Washington: This team might end up being better than either the Cowboys or the Eagles as they have a running game. But they lost to the lowly Dolphins and have a problem with self-imploding. They are not the cream of the crop in the NFC East.

Giants: If Eli can finally get his head together and the team had a clue how to manage a clock, we'd be 2-0. But between Eli's "willies" and unbelievably inept clock management, we've managed to win two games in a row, then hand them over to the other team as a gift. But the defense is surprisingly solid having limited the Cowboys to 81 yards rushing, and Atlanta to 56 yards rushing. That's a huge improvement over last year. Also, our turnover ratio is on the positive side and Eli isn't throwing interceptions. Our special teams actually looks half way decent for the first time in several years and if Harris had some decent shoes, he'd be lighting up the place in returns. And Whig has a leg that is impressive. Vereen is coming around and settling into the offense and we still have OBJ.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: too early to panic given the state of the NFC East

At this point, I'm not confident that we won't provide Washington a way to win on Thursday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington dominate that game. With no Romo and no run game, the Skins are the most complete team in the NFC East. Crazy to say.

Really, it's a mixed bag...Giants likely aren't as bad as many of us think they are. But they're certainly in a world of hurt at 0-2. I'm not writing off the season, not yet. But holy hell, if they lose on Thursday, going 0-3 overall and 0-2 in the division - having yet to play teams like Bills, Cowboys (2nd game), Philly twice (doesn't matter who's good/bad - these games are always close), Patriots, Dolphins, Vikings...it starts getting awfully sketchy.

Last I checked the Cowboys still have an offensive line of Tyron Smith, Ronald Leary (La'el Collins in reserve), Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, and Doug Free. Weeden has the best chance to succeed than he's ever had. The problem with the Cowboys is unless that line is eroded to some degree just about any QB is going to be effective when they can hold the ball for 5-7 seconds to find an open receiver.

That said, the Cowboys are beatable. This Giants team needs to put people away. If we don't win on Thursday we can start talking about the draft... and I'm not kidding.

I'm not convinced the Eagles are out of it yet. I think Kelly is asking them to do too much too early and they could put it all together and shut everyone up at any time.

Bradford looked like the worst QB in the NFL to me. He was terrible. I think the Eagles need to slow it down a bit because if all your doing is hurrying up to punt, then you're giving your opponent that much more time and opportunities to score on you. It clearly looks like the fast tempo isn't an advantage for the Eagles right now.

From all I read, Eagles offense lack of sustaining any sort of drive or time of possession absolutely drained the defense to the point they had nothing to offer up against the Cowboys offense late in the game. If that trend continues, the Eagles will be in trouble...

I agree with Tree, it appears they're waiting for it to click. If and when it does, the Eagles could run away with the division. It'll take a bit of time, but I don't see it as an insurmountable climb.

From all I read, Eagles offense lack of sustaining any sort of drive or time of possession absolutely drained the defense to the point they had nothing to offer up against the Cowboys offense late in the game. If that trend continues, the Eagles will be in trouble...

I agree with Tree, it appears they're waiting for it to click. If and when it does, the Eagles could run away with the division. It'll take a bit of time, but I don't see it as an insurmountable climb.

Sort of like last year when McCoy was waiting to get untracked, then rushed for 200 yards against the Giants?

Are we the best team in the EAST right now, even with a 0-2 record? LOL

Don't we do this every single time? other teams start looking bad or losing and we make sure we do the same shit instead of taking advantage of it.......never fails!

Don't we do this every single time? other teams start looking bad or losing and we make sure we do the same shit instead of taking advantage of it.......never fails!

Never fails and then game 10 we get hot and then we suck again and we don't make the playoffs.

I think once they get that first win out of the way, start building some continuity, they should be ok ... they also need another receiver not named Beckham

Yes, Parker. You always throw Parker when in dire situations

And you know what? The game I'm going t o (cowboys vs giants), guarantee that's the game they shit the bed.... at least the tickets are free.

With our luck, they will rush Romo and Bryant back for that game and Romo will throw 400 yards and 3 scores to Bryant....with Romo in a sling and Bryant in a walking boot.

I was thinking today I'll just count these as the two STUPID games we give away every year. so now we're set to go on a winning streak.

Man I hope you're right. This is almost a "must have" for me to keep my sanity over the winter. Anymore give-away games and my brain is going to explode and I'm going to stroke out.

I hope that pointing out (to myself as much as to this crew) that the NFC East blows and is up for grabs offers hope. I just hope it's not false hope.

Redskins fan here. The new GM (never had a GM since Snyder has owned the team until now) has clearly put an actual plan in place. Believes the NFL is a big mans game so he started bringing in big guys, especially on the lines.

Only two weeks in but the Redskins have the highest ranked defense and most rushing yards in the NFL. I'm sure it won't last and we need more depth but the GM has a definite philosophy and it matches up with Gruden's philosophy so the team could get better quick. I really like the thunder and thunder combo of Alfred Morris and Matt Jones.

Should be a good game because your defense has done well against the run. Yesterday Redskins used a ton of 3 tight end sets, coupled with the beefy offensive line and power running backs and it wore down St. Louis. For some reason early in the 3rd quarter Gruden went away from it. Got back to it in the 4th and we were able to go on a 9 minute touchdown down drive to finish the game. Reminded me of the old hogs. We'll try and do the same against you guys. Not having Desean Jackson hurts.

If you guys are smart you'll try and pick on our DB's which are suspect. Score some quick touchdowns and force us out of a pound the ball game. A lot of new players so communication isn't great and being an away game won't help.

Redskins are still a work in progress but at this point I'd say the NFC East is up for grabs. Hard to make any big predictions after only two games.

Man I hope you're right. This is almost a "must have" for me to keep my sanity over the winter. Anymore give-away games and my brain is going to explode and I'm going to stroke out.

I hope that pointing out (to myself as much as to this crew) that the NFC East blows and is up for grabs offers hope. I just hope it's not false hope.

:LMAO: More like wishful thinking for me, but we do blow a couple games every year to something stupid.

Guess I can take another bad year, but please stop giving the game away.....that's worse for me than just getting beat.