SportsWrath

There's hope still....NFC East is a complete mess

BleedinBlue

:LMAO: More like wishful thinking for me, but we do blow a couple games every year to something stupid.

Guess I can take another bad year, but please stop giving the game away.....that's worse for me than just getting beat.

Yeah...that's the real hard part to swallow. Giving games away after winning them. That hurts.

It's a minor consolation that the big power teams, the Seahawks and Colts are also 0-2, but they simply got beat twice. They didn't handover the wins the way the Giants have.

I will remain "cautiously optimistic" that taking the NFC East is still a realistic objective. But if we give another game away, I will lose all sense of optimism with this team.

Yeah...that's the real hard part to swallow. Giving games away after winning them. That hurts.

It's a minor consolation that the big power teams, the Seahawks and Colts are also 0-2, but they simply got beat twice. They didn't handover the wins the way the Giants have.

I will remain "cautiously optimistic" that taking the NFC East is still a realistic objective. But if we give another game away, I will lose all sense of optimism with this team.

That's how I feel. If we lose on Thursday, the Cowher Countdown goes into full swing.

Redskins fan here. The new GM (never had a GM since Snyder has owned the team until now) has clearly put an actual plan in place. Believes the NFL is a big mans game so he started bringing in big guys, especially on the lines.

Only two weeks in but the Redskins have the highest ranked defense and most rushing yards in the NFL. I'm sure it won't last and we need more depth but the GM has a definite philosophy and it matches up with Gruden's philosophy so the team could get better quick. I really like the thunder and thunder combo of Alfred Morris and Matt Jones.

Should be a good game because your defense has done well against the run. Yesterday Redskins used a ton of 3 tight end sets, coupled with the beefy offensive line and power running backs and it wore down St. Louis. For some reason early in the 3rd quarter Gruden went away from it. Got back to it in the 4th and we were able to go on a 9 minute touchdown down drive to finish the game. Reminded me of the old hogs. We'll try and do the same against you guys. Not having Desean Jackson hurts.

If you guys are smart you'll try and pick on our DB's which are suspect. Score some quick touchdowns and force us out of a pound the ball game. A lot of new players so communication isn't great and being an away game won't help.

Redskins are still a work in progress but at this point I'd say the NFC East is up for grabs. Hard to make any big predictions after only two games.

You guys did really well against a tough D. I think we'll have some real issues stopping your run game.

You guys did really well against a tough D. I think we'll have some real issues stopping your run game.

I agree that the Skins could give us a battle and hopefully, we don't beat them for 59 minutes then hand the game over in the last minute.

Anyway, if there's one area that seems positive for the Giants it's stopping the run. We stuffed both Dallas and Atlanta in their ground game. We seem to be completely incapable of covering those short cross passes, which scares me more than the Skins' run game. I think our linebackers are so focused on the run that a simple dump pass over their heads is automatic.

Our defense has been good enough to account for beating Dallas, even though the offense gave it back. If we don't get our offense on track, it's going to be an awfully long season.

I agree that the Skins could give us a battle and hopefully, we don't beat them for 59 minutes then hand the game over in the last minute.

Anyway, if there's one area that seems positive for the Giants it's stopping the run. We stuffed both Dallas and Atlanta in their ground game. We seem to be completely incapable of covering those short cross passes, which scares me more than the Skins' run game. I think our linebackers are so focused on the run that a simple dump pass over their heads is automatic.

Our defense has been good enough to account for beating Dallas, even though the offense gave it back. If we don't get our offense on track, it's going to be an awfully long season.

I would send a LBer or S into the middle of the field and knock the holy fuck out of somebody coming across the middle. Go high, go low...I don't care...so long as you hit the guy hard enough that he thinks twice about doing it again. I'd gladly take 1 or 2 personal foul penalties early in a game to make a WR, TE, RB think or hesitate...even half a second...about potentially getting knocked out.

I see that the Cowboys have not only lost Bryant and Romo, but Witten is out with two sprained ankles and a sprained knee. If the Cowboys put together a win streak without those three guys, they deserve to win the division. I think they are going down though. This is a division that could be won by a team that goes 6-10.

The 'Skins can stop the run. They are no slouches in the front 7. We have to exploit their secondary to win, and we have to stop their very good running game and make Cousins try and beat us.

I agree. That should be The Giants plan. Plus get some scores early to get us away from our run heavy offense. Gruden has a tendency to give up on it too early when teams go up by a touchdown or two.

Looking forward to seeing how we do in the run game against your defensive front. If we do hold a lead by pounding the ball I'll feel pretty comfortable going into the fourth quarter because your defense will be worn down. Morris and Jones are both power runners and both of them are in the top 10 for rushing yards (albeit after only 2 measly games). The line is also bigger than last year. Callahan who built Dallas's offensive line has done a great job in a short amount of time.

If you can get Cousins into 3rd and long he will make stupid decisions. He looks a bit better in that area but still suspect. Last week he made a really bad decision on 3rd in long deep in our territory that should have been intercepted.

Redskins have a lot of new players so communication isn't great yet. Curious to see how they fair in their first away game.