SportsWrath

Could be worse

so-cal dub

My blood is literally boiling about this game today. I cannot for the life of me understand why we become so inept when we have golden opportunities to close out games. We are literally supposed to be 2-0 right now, but instead we sit here at 0-2. Why? What the hell happened to Eli's internal clock this week? Why is Preston Parker still allowed on the field if he can't catch any pass that comes his way? Why is it that Randle is so nonexistent? Why was Beckham only targeted 3 TIMES IN THE 2ND HALF!!!??? Why is the defense so fragile-minded? Why does the Defense continue to allow multiple long TD drives when the game is on the line? The hell is wrong with this team? This shit is mindboggling.

Randle has always been bad. Just because he shows up for two productive games at the end of each season doesn't make him a good player.

Preston Parker? I have no idea. Maybe TC's lost it.

Agree... I would have preferred a broken down Nicks on his worst day to fucking Randle... a waste of a roster space... and Parker... fucker should be bagging groceries... even then he would drop the fucking eggs... :P

Randle has always been bad. Just because he shows up for two productive games at the end of each season doesn't make him a good player.

Preston Parker? I have no idea. Maybe TC's lost it.

Randle hasn't ever been THIS nonexistent though.

Parker pisses me off more than any Giant not named JPP right now.

Also... Did Vereen even see the field after the Eli fumble? If he wasn't injured wth happened there? He was easily our most effective weapon outside of Beckham today.

My blood is literally boiling about this game today. I cannot for the life of me understand why we become so inept when we have golden opportunities to close out games. We are literally supposed to be 2-0 right now, but instead we sit here at 0-2. Why? What the hell happened to Eli's internal clock this week? Why is Preston Parker still allowed on the field if he can't catch any pass that comes his way? Why is it that Randle is so nonexistent? Why was Beckham only targeted 3 TIMES IN THE 2ND HALF!!!??? Why is the defense so fragile-minded? Why does the Defense continue to allow multiple long TD drives when the game is on the line? The hell is wrong with this team? This shit is mindboggling.

The incompetency level is through the roof. Beckham targeted once on the opening drive to start the second half and wasn't targeted again until the final last ditch effort drive.

Whoever was responsible for cutting James Jones in favor of Preston Parker is a fool and shouldn't be allowed to make any football decisions, whatsoever. As James Jones picks up what, his 3rd touchdown reception of the season. He is a reliable target who could be converting these 3rd downs that Parker is dropping. He could be helping us convert in the red zone. Instead we have 4-5 drops from Parker that are huge parts of 0-2.

The question shouldn't be that James was cut for Parker. James was cut because of Rueben Randle as they both play the same position.

Rueben Randle might be one of the worst Giant receivers I've ever seen play the game and I watched guys like Thomas Lewis, Kevin Alexander and Ike Hilliard.

The incompetency level is through the roof. Beckham targeted once on the opening drive to start the second half and wasn't targeted again until the final last ditch effort drive.

Whoever was responsible for cutting James Jones in favor of Preston Parker is a fool and shouldn't be allowed to make any football decisions, whatsoever. As James Jones picks up what, his 3rd touchdown reception of the season. He is a reliable target who could be converting these 3rd downs that Parker is dropping. He could be helping us convert in the red zone. Instead we have 4-5 drops from Parker that are huge parts of 0-2.

There was an atricle on NFL.com about Jones, he basically told Coughlin and company he didnt want to play a "part time role" in the offense, could be the reason why he's gone.

There was an atricle on NFL.com about Jones, he basically told Coughlin and company he didnt want to play a "part time role" in the offense, could be the reason why he's gone.

I saw articles that quoted him as saying he asked the Giants to release him as he wasn't gonna crack the top 3 of Beckham, Cruz and Randle.

-Z

But he would be at least number 3 right now. Still brilliant decision making, you have a guy under contract and you let him go because he wants to be let go. Why bother signing him? These are discussions that had to have occurred while he was in the process of signing.

And James Jones had a STELLAR preseason! It wasn't like it was questionable whether he could compete! He was catching everything that came his way!

Wait what was that that happened tonight in GB ? James Jones caught another TD pass??????/ Hmmm go figure.

Conor Orr retweeted Jon Machota

Your NFC East Champions...The Washington Redskins!

Conor Orr added,

Jon Machota @jonmachota
Jason Witten being evaluated by team doctors on the sideline
3 retweets5 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More

Cowboys TE Jason Witten suffers two sprained ankles and a sprained knee vs Eagles.

Reuben Randle's ineptitude has really surprised me. With the attention Beckham is getting, the guy on the other side of the field should be cleaning up, and he's not. I've heard he has tendinitis in his knees and I wonder if that is really a limiting factor in his effectiveness. If so, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Eli threw three pathetic throws in a row to close out the game. Truly terrible. I actually think he has the yips after he screwed the pooch so badly week 1.

Losing DRC really hurt. You never can say what would've happened, and Prince Amukamara is a very good corner, but I certainly would've hoped that maybe if DRC is in the game he prevents that big completion that set up the go-ahead score. He's the most important defensive player we have right now and losing him was crushing. We can only hope that the concussion he apparently suffered is a very minor one.

This team has a lack of talent at key areas. Particularly at receiver outside of Beckham, the RB position has no real game changer, and the tight ends are
"JAG's". Beckham is really the only playmaker. Dwayne Harris and Geremy Davis needs to be on the field more to shake things up.

Not having an elite defensive edge rusher like JPP is also hurting this team.

And with 3 games in 14 days, I don't see any relief in sight for the WR or DE position coming any time soon. We could really use Victor Cruz but he's too worried about commercials and his fantasy team.

But he would be at least number 3 right now. Still brilliant decision making, you have a guy under contract and you let him go because he wants to be let go. Why bother signing him? These are discussions that had to have occurred while he was in the process of signing.

He'd be the Giants number 2 now!