SportsWrath

Observations

BleedinBlue

1 - the only worse coaching job I have ever seen with the game on the line, just a few seconds to go and sitting on the 1 yd line.........was last year's Superbowl when Pete Carroll called a pass play and handed the Patriots a ring they didn't deserve.

2 - when you are on the one yard line, have a lead, a minute to go and the opponent has no timeouts and the clock is your friend, and you are looking at 3rd down. You regroup and tell the team, "you've got 2 more tries to punch it in on the ground. A field goal does no fucking good whatsoever and if you can't get the ball over the line, you have run out most of the clock and that leaves Romo working out of his own end zone with 10 seconds left on the clock and you sit on a 3 point lead".

3 - when there's a minute left in the game and you have just scored and have a 6-point lead, kick the mother fucking ball deep in the end zone and do not let them start a drive on their own 40 yard line.

4 - Eli - open your eyes if you insist on throwing the ball (which should have never ever been done) to the receiver (in this case, Fells) who is being draped like he's being street mugged. That's pass interference if the ball is within 5 feet of him and 4 more downs.

5 - is anyone, and I mean anyone on the coaching staff ever heard of Witten??? Has anyone on the coaching staff after years of the same thing figured out that Romo always goes to Witten when he's against the wall? What the hell will it take before the coaches finally figure out that Romo-to-Witten has been the death knell of the Giants year after year. Cover the son of a bitch!!!

This loss is going to take awhile for me to recover.

On the plus side, Flowers was pretty good, Unga might just keep that job when/if Beason ever gets healthy, Prince did a good job against Dez Bryant, and even Markus Kuhn didn't suck (before the injury, that is). The linebacking corp in general isn't great, but looks to be an NFL-caliber one (which we honestly haven't had in about five years).

Speaking of injuries, we didn't lose anyone for the season and most of the injuries were pretty minor.

Also, Preston Parker looked good catching two TDs but... oh wait, that was James Jones.

There was some positives to take away, that's for sure. First and foremost, we didn't lose anyone for the season as usual.

The downside:

- Coaching - still haven't figured out that the Romo-to-Witten is going to be the "not-so-secret play" every single fucking time the Cowboys are in trouble. It's a no brainer, and they never figure it out.

- We put zero pressure on Romo. I don't think he even got touched once. Any QB looks like a genius when he's so protected he can relax and look around and pick and choose who to throw to.

- I don't know how Parker keeps his job. How many times does a receiver have to be told to catch the ball with your hands and bring it to your body and don't try to trap it against your body and call it a catch. He's been on the team long enough to know the right way to catch a ball.

- The offensive line is still a problem. Although they looked solid at times, Eli didn't really have time in the pocket to speak of. The biggest indicator was that he never once threw a long ball, which in the past he would go for the homerun several times a game. But in order to throw a homerun ball, you need at least a few seconds of time in the pocket for the receivers to get down field. But the line has promise.

- We still need a solid run game...which again falls on the shoulders of the offensive line.

The positives: Flowers, Unga, Kennard, Brad Wing, special teams (at least defensively), turnover ratio was excellent, and I was pretty happy with our cornerback coverage.

Did anyone like Parker? godamnit, I hate him. We let James Jones go and kept Parker.

That's a head scratcher. They need to get Jeremy Davis in the game and let him get his feet wet. He may not have the routes down yet, but his hands are like a combination fly-paper and vice grips. Zero drops at UConn, even with an incredibly inept QB in Connecticut. He catches balls when he's being mugged.

He has to be an upgrade over Parker.

Even if they have yet to find faith in Davis, they are paying Dwayne Harris a billion dollars, might as well use him. He's proven he can catch a ball in tight spots.

I have a hunch TC will do to Parker what he did to David Wilson after his early fumbles. Sit on the bench boy, and watch how it's done!

i'm speechless ..........i just cant believe what happened in the last 2 mins.

and if that is pass interference against DRC on the TD ....i give up and i dont want to watch the NFL any more .....thank you .

Such a pussy sport this has become

I liked Unga, too. He was active and involved all night.....but he was on Witten on the TD and was still backpedaling into the endzone when Witten caught the ball at the goal line. He'll learn - I hope.

I didn't think the team was bad. Of course, leave it to the Giants to hand over a win to a team less fucking deserving.

Yep, I didn't mind losing....but why let the Cowboys off the hook so easy? no way they were deserving of that win. BS!

on fan?

Yes, I always make a point to tune in for him... They should post his segment sometime later today...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/joe-benigno-and-evan-roberts/

On a somewhat related note... if you look through the pictures of all the guys/"gals" who host shows you can see why they are all in Radio

Really, I thought the defense wasn't bad. I'm not sure what happened that list fucking minute though. Desperation? No idea, I'm just at a loss of words.

All I can think is that they panicked. Eli obviously panicked and the coaches on the sidelines looked dumbfounded. Their minds went blank and they stopped thinking and simply watched.

I liked Unga, too. He was active and involved all night.....but he was on Witten on the TD and was still backpedaling into the endzone when Witten caught the ball at the goal line. He'll learn - I hope.

Yeah it's hard to be down on him for that. He played really well for his first start. I thought Collins was out of position or late to the ball on a lot of plays though. After his mouthing off last week he sure didn't back it up.

Yeah true, they make the big money to panic. I don't get how Parker gets paid and drops so many passes. Fuck

Damn Randle didn't do anything great either. I was pissed at OBJ mainly, I knew all the talk about that catch was giving him a fat head.

Damn Randle didn't do anything great either. I was pissed at OBJ mainly, I knew all the talk about that catch was giving him a fat head.

Eli was throwing under pressure the whole game. If he doesn't have time to let a receiver run a route, then they ad lib a play that is dangerous because it can be intercepted. Eli is so worried about another record setting year of interceptions that he throws the ball away too early....like at the end of the game when he should have thrown the ball at Fells and get 4 fresh new downs on the 18 inch line.

There was also a lot of holding going on and OBJ was draped, slapped, pulled, tripped, and harassed non stop. Coupled with a QB that has to get rid of the ball, it's not really surprising.

What they needed desperately was a second receiver that could actually catch balls. I think Harris should be seeing more time on the field. He's a real gritty receiver even though he's short. As it was, there was no real need to cover Parker and Randle acts like he's playing hurt. The Cowboys focused their game on OBJ by keeping him draped and putting pressure on Eli. That's my take for what it's worth.

Eli was throwing under pressure the whole game. If he doesn't have time to let a receiver run a route, then they ad lib a play that is dangerous because it can be intercepted. Eli is so worried about another record setting year of interceptions that he throws the ball away too early....like at the end of the game when he should have thrown the ball at Fells and get 4 fresh new downs on the 18 inch line.

There was also a lot of holding going on and OBJ was draped, slapped, pulled, tripped, and harassed non stop. Coupled with a QB that has to get rid of the ball, it's not really surprising.

What they needed desperately was a second receiver that could actually catch balls. I think Harris should be seeing more time on the field. He's a real gritty receiver even though he's short. As it was, there was no real need to cover Parker and Randle acts like he's playing hurt. The Cowboys focused their game on OBJ by keeping him draped and putting pressure on Eli. That's my take for what it's worth.

I agree. Eli was playing scared, and only had eyes for his first read. We saw this a lot last year too. And while Dallas could completely shut down our run game with 6 in the box they could double and triple team OBJ as much as they wanted.

Yeah it's hard to be down on him for that. He played really well for his first start. I thought Collins was out of position or late to the ball on a lot of plays though. After his mouthing off last week he sure didn't back it up.

The TD where he jogged across the formation is not encouraging. Whitten is a go to player, you don't half ass that.