SportsWrath

JPP to return next week

UK-Giantsfan

I just hope he has been working out to be in shape and has figured out how to still be effective with a partial hand. Best case scenario: he plays as if nothing happened. Worst case scenario: he shows up out of shape and his hand bothers him so much that he just isn't the same.

My bet is that he'll play like the JPP we had before he decided to show off lighting fireworks (probably quarter stickers or cherry bombs) that he's holding in his hand.....duhhhh.

idk guys.. but JPP was never a consistent player nor do I see him as a super start... His low IQ along makes him very expendable in my book... call me a homer but the guy is a fucking idiot.

Iceman, JPP will be a beast for 2 games against pathetic competition but will pull his disappearing act in the other 9 games.. will miss 5 with sore pussy.

July....Pointer...POOF!!!! That JPP for you. Why do I have the feeling he is going to be a beast for us this season? I dunno....but I just do.....maybe there is a reason to his silence and aloofness throughout this episode where he realizes how big a moron he has been.

This is a bold prediction.

Jason Pierre-Paul underwent a physical and provided the New York Giants with all of the medical records related to injuries he suffered in a July 4 fireworks accident that resulted in his right index finger being amputated, a league source said.

In addition, the Giants were sent a tape of Pierre-Paul doing conditioning work and defensive line drills, as well as lifting weights under the supervision of John Blake, a former Oklahoma head coach and a defensive assistant for the Dallas Cowboys under Barry Switzer.

The source said Pierre-Paul's first visit to the team Monday was to provide the Giants a chance to evaluate Pierre-Paul so they can make an informed decision about how to proceed.

"He could play this week, but he probably wont," the source said. "If it was up to him, he would wrap his hand in a cast and play."

The Giants open the season Sunday at Dallas.

The Giants used their franchise tag on Pierre-Paul, who has yet to sign the one-year, $14.8 million tender. There could still be a dispute over the Giants' ruling on his physical and how long they believe it will be before he can play, in addition to the hand injuries. Pierre-Paul did not participate in the Giants' offseason program or training camp.

The Giants could attempt to place him on the non-football injury list if they believe it will be at least six weeks before he's ready to play. They will not be obligated to pay him his salary if he's placed on that list. Pierre-Paul hasn't signed the franchise tender so he can maintain some control over his return to the field.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13606211/jason-pierre-paul-takes-physical-submits-medical-records-new-york-giants

Eli tempers Giants's expectations for JPP return

" Obviously, he wasn’t out there today,” Manning said of Pierre-Paul. “So I think you just plan and prepare as if he won’t be out there. If he can get back and practice this week? Great. If not, we’ll just keep going forward and wait until he gets back.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/eli-manning-tempers-giants-expectations-jpp-return-article-1.2351519

He has to sign it first

Yeah, but I'd imagine his signing it will be contingent upon whether or not the Giants put him on the NFI list...or if they do, whether or not he'll still get paid because paying him becomes optional at that point for the Giants. So it's not just signing the FT...there's injury settlement clause type stuff that will likely become part of it all.

What a temendous fuck up this whole situation has been. He was already hurting the team by fuckign around with his tender offer, now it's nearly go time with a new DC and he's only just shown up, knows nothing about the scheme, is likely no where near football shape (no way he's been lifting with that club on his hand) and probably won't be good for anything for months, if at all. I have no time for this asshat anymore. Let him walk.

What a temendous fuck up this whole situation has been. He was already hurting the team by fuckign around with his tender offer, now it's nearly go time with a new DC and he's only just shown up, knows nothing about the scheme, is likely no where near football shape (no way he's been lifting with that club on his hand) and probably won't be good for anything for months, if at all. I have no time for this asshat anymore. Let him walk.

This.

Or sign him to the one year and trade him for a safety worth a shit.

Giant's would still have to pay his 14 million dollar contract.

So essentially we would be paying for him to play on another team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after trading a player, because contracts are not guaranteed, does the contract not go with the player? Or is it different with the franchise tag?

This

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after trading a player, because contracts are not guaranteed, does the contract not go with the player? Or is it different with the franchise tag?

Guaranteed money is guaranteed money by that team to the player in his contract, when a player is traded to another team the guaranteed money has to be paid up front by the team, which creates the whole "dead money" situation that teams find themselves in.

For example when Revis was traded from the Jets to Tampa Bay, the Jets still had to pay all his guaranteed money to him, something like 13 million, that counts against next years cap.

Carson Palmer was another example, when he was traded from the Raiders to the Cardinals, the Raiders had to eat up 10 million in dead money on the cap hit.