SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread

Mr. P

Is it me or is this years draft just plain blah blah boring? Also, is the Green room on the roof of some place or out on a fire escape . This is just a wierd draft.

There was something said about this year and teams just lining up guys they want and picking them. Nothing fancy.

This is what I think. They may look at another OG tonight or tommorow to develop behind Schwartz. Schwartz hasn't been a pillar of health and I am not sure if he's really that good

I think they have some interest in Ali Marpet - one of the fastest and strongest linemen at the combine with great footwork. Best suited inside as a zone blocking guard - the knock on him is he was div III and played against lesser competition. Also, Giants have shown interest in Sean Hickey (Pugh's heir apparent at Syracuse) who played both RT and LT, but is definitely slotted for interior. Very, very strong (near the top of the pack in the bench press), but not nimble enough to play tackle at the NFL level. Would be great in either a man blocking scheme or a zone blocking scheme and could be an emergency backup at tackle if necessary.

I think they have some interest in Ali Marpet - one of the fastest and strongest linemen at the combine with great footwork. Best suited inside as a zone blocking guard - the knock on him is he was div III and played against lesser competition. Also, Giants have shown interest in Sean Hickey (Pugh's heir apparent at Syracuse) who played both RT and LT, but is definitely slotted for interior. Very, very strong (near the top of the pack in the bench press), but not nimble enough to play tackle at the NFL level. Would be great in either a man blocking scheme or a zone blocking scheme and could be an emergency backup at tackle if necessary.

I would like Marpet or Hickey. I would really like Jake Fisher from Oregon, can play either OT spot or OG. Draws comparisions to Kyle Long, who also came from Oregon and has become a probowl RG for the Bears. Our starting five is shaping up, but still lack depth. Jones may be a good backup...I don't want to see John Jerry start a game again. Fisher was #2 rated OT and we get both my #1 and #2 rated OT's i'd be pretty ecstatic

Oh gawd not Rowe, he's one of those safety/corner tweeners that never work out.

well any one that throws at Rowe only has something like a %13 chance of completion

Well - looks like Safety won't be the huge issue they thought.

Giants must have had him very high on their chart to give up what they did to move up 7 spots.

I hate giving up picks, but love that we now have Flowers and Collins.

This walking across the street to announce a pick is bullshit.