SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread

Mr. P

Hardly a trade in the first, and now trades popping up all over the 2nd round.

A lot of starting talent in the first round which pushed first round guys down into the second, teams want to snatch them up.

Imagine the Giant's were shitting themselves all night with the possibility of landing Collins.

A lot of starting talent in the first round which pushed first round guys down into the second, teams want to snatch them up.

Imagine the Giant's were shitting themselves all night with the possibility of landing Collins.

I wonder if the brain trusts at ESPN and other sports centers will finally admit that the Giants' draft was worthy of an "A". We get on average, "C" year after year.

I wonder if the brain trusts at ESPN and other sports centers will finally admit that the Giants' draft was worthy of an "A". We get on average, "C" year after year.

I do agree that Flowers was a "somewhat" head scratcher, he's pretty raw for the 9th pick in the draft, heck he might not even start day one.

However I think of him like a JPP player, just more refined and a higher ceiling.

When the Giant's coach the kid up he's gonna be a stud tackle for the next 10 years.

I do agree that Flowers was a "somewhat" head scratcher, he's pretty raw for the 9th pick in the draft, heck he might not even start day one.

However I think of him like a JPP player, just more refined and a higher ceiling.

When the Giant's coach the kid up he's gonna be a stud tackle for the next 10 years.

Franchise LT's are just about the hardest player to find. And Flowers will be a franchise LT...maybe even a Pro-bowler within a season or two. Giants were smart to snag him when they did because he would have gone off the board in the next pick.

Teams and their scouts know a lot more than the analysts on the internet, magazines, and television.

Franchise LT's are just about the hardest player to find. And Flowers will be a franchise LT...maybe even a Pro-bowler within a season or two. Giants were smart to snag him when they did because he would have gone off the board in the next pick.

Teams and their scouts know a lot more than the analysts on the internet, magazines, and television.

Oh I know, heck were all just fans of a team if any of us knew anything about football we would probably be in the Giant's FO.

I just mean he's raw, he's not as NFL ready as Peat, but he's still a fucking player who is worthy of the 9th pick of the draft.

Just need Coughlin and company to smack some better football technique into his head and like you said he'll be protecting Eli and his replacement maybe even reaplcementS in the next number of years.

Oh I know, heck were all just fans of a team if any of us knew anything about football we would probably be in the Giant's FO.

I just mean he's raw, he's not as NFL ready as Peat, but he's still a fucking player who is worthy of the 9th pick of the draft.

Just need Coughlin and company to smack some better football technique into his head and like you said he'll be protecting Eli and his replacement maybe even reaplcementS in the next number of years.

It's true that Peat had better footwork at this stage of the game and excelled in protecting the QB and of course, Flowers can bulldoze a hole for a RB, but even though their skills are a little different, Flowers managed to give up zero sacks last season. That's impressive when he still needs some coaching up with his footwork.

He's strong - really, really strong and topped out the strength tests with 37 reps, better than all other linemen. Quite an accomplishment for a kid a year or two younger than his counterparts and his arms are so long that it's harder to do those bench presses. 37 reps is usually done by guys with short monster arms.

It's true that Peat had better footwork at this stage of the game and excelled in protecting the QB and of course, Flowers can bulldoze a hole for a RB, but even though their skills are a little different, Flowers managed to give up zero sacks last season. That's impressive when he still needs some coaching up with his footwork.

He's strong - really, really strong and topped out the strength tests with 37 reps, better than all other linemen. Quite an accomplishment for a kid a year or two younger than his counterparts and his arms are so long that it's harder to do those bench presses. 37 reps is usually done by guys with short monster arms.

Yesterday I was hostile of the pick, I still have some trepidation as I think he may turn out to be the next JPP, have one or two good years and fizzle out.

However like you said he has a metric fuck ton of upside and already is ready a pave a hole in the NFL and I think he'll be the Giant's starter for the next number of years atleast.

They afraid of OBJ.

However I think Rowe is the next Terrance Newman, he'll be flipped around from position to position cause Kelly is some sort of "visionary"

They must have been high on him to give up their 2 5th round picks to move up 5 spots...especially considering that he would probably still have been on the board. Of course, that's not fair because we have no idea who these teams are targeting. Still - they must have been high on him.

They must have been high on him to give up their 2 5th round picks to move up 5 spots...especially considering that he would probably still have been on the board. Of course, that's not fair because we have no idea who these teams are targeting. Still - they must have been high on him.

Yeah I mean as much as I want the 'skin, 'boys and Egils to fail in the draft, they have put as much time as JR and Co into the draft.

Fuck the Egils though taken Agholor in the first, wanted him to be catching passes from Eli.