SportsWrath

Temporarily Breaking My Giants Section Posting Moratorium To Bring You Breaking News: Giants Hiring Spagnuolo

Mr. P

Clearly you're super jealous of him.

Haha.

I, for one, certainly wish I was 5'0, excellent at stretching, believed I could kick in the NFL, entered the army at age 13, and had a woman provided for me to marry.

I'm not sure why Spags took the St. Louis job, he could have had any job he wanted after the 2008 season and he picks the St. Louis Rams? Never understood that to this day. He had one good year when Bradford didn't get hurt (2010) and they were one game away from making the playoffs.

I think what happened in New Orleans was a shit show of epic proportions. Payton was suspended, Joe Vitt was suspended for half the season and Aaron Kromer took over for 8 games until Vitt came back. You had players who didn't like Spags for whatever reason, but the Saints didn't have much talent on defense either.

All we heard from Giants players in 2007-2008 was how willing Spags would listen and adapt to what the players were saying to him. The Faggot Saints players said he didn't listen. I don't buy it, they probably weren't use to Spags coaching style where you don't get 1k to injury an opposing player....

I'm not sure why Spags took the St. Louis job, he could have had any job he wanted after the 2008 season and he picks the St. Louis Rams? Never understood that to this day. He had one good year when Bradford didn't get hurt (2010) and they were one game away from making the playoffs.

I think what happened in New Orleans was a shit show of epic proportions. Payton was suspended, Joe Vitt was suspended for half the season and Aaron Kromer took over for 8 games until Vitt came back. You had players who didn't like Spags for whatever reason, but the Saints didn't have much talent on defense either.

All we heard from Giants players in 2007-2008 was how willing Spags would listen and adapt to what the players were saying to him. The Faggot Saints players said he didn't listen. I don't buy it, they probably weren't use to Spags coaching style where you don't get 1k to injury an opposing player....

Did he even interview with other teams? I know the redskins wanted him, at least he wasn't dumb enough to take that job.

Nas, you've regularly told MikMak to "suck my dick" when you argue in the politics and religion section.

I wish this thread didn't turn so faggotry.

I know... Mikshit keeps stalking me and it is personal with him.... so yea I told him to suck my dick and will continue to do so... the "beef" between us is not a secret... here on the other hand I had no idea Stormy had so much animosity towards me...

Haha.

I, for one, certainly wish I was 5'0, excellent at stretching, believed I could kick in the NFL, entered the army at age 13, and had a woman provided for me to marry.

Awwww so cute :)

Exactly. The great Rob Ryan took over at DC and....oh shit they're still 31st in overall defense

A head-coaching gig just doesn't matter when you're talking about the merits of a guy for DC. There are plenty of really great DCs that absolutely sucked at being a head coach. Wade Phillips was a good DC, and we all saw how he did in Dallas (by the way, Jerruh, it's not too late to bring him back!). I mentioned Bill Arnsparger in another thread, who was absolutely miserable for us as a head coach in the 70's, but went on and had a distinguished career as a DC for decades.

New Orleans? A historically bad defense on a historically fucked team. They played 6 games where the interim head coach was suspended 6 games--how the fuck do you even stand a chance with that? That entire franchise mailed it in that season, and understandably so. There's no way to hold that season against him.

My only worry is that I didn't think Spags was that amazing while he was here. He was good, to be sure--but he was also surrounded in the timeline by Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan--which would make any defensive coordinator with some semblance of competency look like a GOD in comparison. (Lewis almost destroyed Corey Webster's career before it got off the ground. He deserved firing for that alone.) Truthfully, other than Spagnuolo, you have to go all the way back to Fox to find any defensive coordinator on this team that wasn't better suited to driving a UPS truck or something of that nature.

Personally, I think he'll do okay--some of the problems he's seeing today are similar to what he saw when he took over for Lewis in that Fewell didn't know how to use the players he had. There's also different strengths on this team: the interior of the dline is now the strength of it, not the outside, the CBs are stronger. Still a lot of questions, but there were in 2007 as well.

I expect we wind up in the top half of defenses next season--and we don't consistently blow leads and waste comebacks--and that would make me happy. But I'm not entirely sold that we made the best hire available.

Oh, one more thing--can we stop with the nonsense? Nobody is getting a prize for the best opinion.

A head-coaching gig just doesn't matter when you're talking about the merits of a guy for DC. There are plenty of really great DCs that absolutely sucked at being a head coach. Wade Phillips was a good DC, and we all saw how he did in Dallas (by the way, Jerruh, it's not too late to bring him back!). I mentioned Bill Arnsparger in another thread, who was absolutely miserable for us as a head coach in the 70's, but went on and had a distinguished career as a DC for decades.

New Orleans? A historically bad defense on a historically fucked team. They played 6 games where the interim head coach was suspended 6 games--how the fuck do you even stand a chance with that? That entire franchise mailed it in that season, and understandably so. There's no way to hold that season against him.

My only worry is that I didn't think Spags was that amazing while he was here. He was good, to be sure--but he was also surrounded in the timeline by Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan--which would make any defensive coordinator with some semblance of competency look like a GOD in comparison. (Lewis almost destroyed Corey Webster's career before it got off the ground. He deserved firing for that alone.) Truthfully, other than Spagnuolo, you have to go all the way back to Fox to find any defensive coordinator on this team that wasn't better suited to driving a UPS truck or something of that nature.

Personally, I think he'll do okay--some of the problems he's seeing today are similar to what he saw when he took over for Lewis in that Fewell didn't know how to use the players he had. There's also different strengths on this team: the interior of the dline is now the strength of it, not the outside, the CBs are stronger. Still a lot of questions, but there were in 2007 as well.

I expect we wind up in the top half of defenses next season--and we don't consistently blow leads and waste comebacks--and that would make me happy. But I'm not entirely sold that we made the best hire available.

Oh, one more thing--can we stop with the nonsense? Nobody is getting a prize for the best opinion.

Arnsparger was our Lou Holtz.

Arnsparger... GOD the 70's so sucked... and McVay... Grand Architect of The Fumble goes on to be a 69'er General Manager... meinem Gott... :o

Can't disagree with anything here... I thought Spags was the safest hire.... And for that alone I can't be mad at the FO.

The only person I have a personal beef with on the boards is GolfingGuy. I walked my ass all the way over to meet him at gate C and that fucker didn't even buy me a beer.

And then... AND THEN he has someone take a picture of us and I'm on my bad side! Can you believe that shit?

If I ever see that guy again, it's on.

The only person I have a personal beef with on the boards is GolfingGuy. I walked my ass all the way over to meet him at gate C and that fucker didn't even buy me a beer.

And then... AND THEN he has someone take a picture of us and I'm on my bad side! Can you believe that shit?

This motherfucker. I came all the way down from the upper tank!

Shit Sep, did I buy you one? I cant remember. Probably not. You already had 2 sitting under my seat, and thats about my limit. My bad.

This motherfucker. I came all the way down from the upper tank!

Beer is on me guys :cheers:

For the record, I have no beef with anyone... I look at this board as a bunch of guys kicking the shit... yes different personalities clash but at the end of the day, life is too short to "hate" or resent anyone... I happened to believe people on here are real people in real life so forgive me if I don't subscribe to the thinking that you can be a different version (usually a bigger jerk) of you online than in real life. I can see where things can get heated in the P&R section but on this section? Are you kidding me? Are we really arguing over Fewel's performance? Really?

I thought we were arguing over Spags' actual potential/ability. I think we're all in agreement that Fewell sucked hard.

There was no argument since I didn't have a strong position either way except that I didn't mind it... Spags has been a favorite of many of us... yet because I said that, I'm "illogical"... (said some internet guy)

After having to read through a 268 page data sheet for a micro controller located in a pulp mills hydraulic press, for my second semester Embedded Control Systems final project, I'd like too see the full version some day HA.

I have nothing personal against Nas, I've always like some of his P and R ramblings like some other posters here, heck I still don't understand how anyone can take anything personal on the internet, outside of death threats.

I just pointed out what I though was an illogical statement, and I've defended Coughlin from enough posters here, don't know why Nas thinks it's suddenly personal (atleast in regards to myself).

ok