SportsWrath

Temporarily Breaking My Giants Section Posting Moratorium To Bring You Breaking News: Giants Hiring Spagnuolo

Mr. P

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina 12s12 seconds ago

Report: New York Giants Hire Steve Spagnuolo as Defensive Coordinator http://wp.me/p2jl6l-2iM

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr · 2m 2 minutes ago

The Giants have a new defensive coordinator. Heard Steve Spagnuolo deal is done.

GiantsWFAN @giantswfan 33s34 seconds ago

confirmed --- giants have hired Spags as DC

Coughlin goes with the risky approach with McAdoo and by every statistical category, it's a success (except maybe rushing)...on defense, he goes with the "conservative" approach of going with a coordinator that was with us nearly a decade ago and has found literally no success nor received even a single interview for any position other than "senior defensive assistant" that he managed to turn into position coach. There's a reason for that. "Getting to the quarterback" and "creative blitzes" are going to be great when guys like Tony Romo and even Mark Sanchez/Nick Foles are running offenses and releasing the ball at light speed.

I'm going on record right now (like I haven't been already), this is a mistake.

Let's hope not, I for one just about can't take anymore of the terrible defense we have had the last few years. With the addition of OBJ, the offense perked up a bit just to watch the defense give it away.

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 1m1 minute ago

Steve Spagnuolo: "I was hoping to take the next step, God willing, and be a coordinator again. I’m ecstatic that it’s with Tom Coughlin."

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN 12s12 seconds ago

RT @MikeVacc: So the #NYGiants hired the hero who ran their Super Bowl defense to replace the bum who ran their Super Bowl defense. Got it.

Drizz, I know you are hell bent on hating on Spags, but the fact is you are just wrong. Listening to Peirce, and Osi, and a few other guys he coached made me remember just how great a DC he really was.

I cant even conceive why you don't think his defense cant handle a QB like Romo? That's what I loved best about Spags defense. No matter how heavy his blitzes were, he always had who ever the QB was gonna dump off to covered as well. Its a great day to be a Giants fan, and I for one cant wait to have a respected defense again.

Drizz, I know you are hell bent on hating on Spags, but the fact is you are just wrong. Listening to Peirce, and Osi, and a few other guys he coached made me remember just how great a DC he really was.

I cant even conceive why you don't think his defense cant handle a QB like Romo? That's what I loved best about Spags defense. No matter how heavy his blitzes were, he always had who ever the QB was gonna dump off to covered as well. Its a great day to be a Giants fan, and I for one cant wait to have a respected defense again.

Because simply getting pressure is not enough in today's nfl. I'm not impressed that 8 years ago, he dialed up some neat blitzes. It doesn't work like that now, so when teams are burning him because passes are leaving the qbs hands in 2 seconds or less, I'll tell you I told you so. And guess what? We have no idea what he can do lately because all he's been is a secondary coach that hasn't garnered any interest from anyone else.

One thing is for certain, Spags has way better corners that his 1st go around with the Giants.

You keep saying that but guys like Sam madison, Corey Webster, gibril Wilson, and rw mcqaurters played absolutely lights out for him, especially in the playoffs. We'll see, maybe he can pull some good out of some of the worthless players on the team now. But I don't think that secondary was bad, they might not be as talented as the crew we have now, but they weren't a weak unit

You keep saying that but guys like Sam madison, Corey Webster, gibril Wilson, and rw mcqaurters played absolutely lights out for him, especially in the playoffs. We'll see, maybe he can pull some good out of some of the worthless players on the team now. But I don't think that secondary was bad, they might not be as talented as the crew we have now, but they weren't a weak unit

I think that secondary was very weak and they didn't get exposed as often because we had such a terrific pass rush that year. Madison was on his last legs, but he was a extremely smart player. Mc25ers was a fairly mediocre player, but played well during the 2007 stretch.

If Spags can get the best out of those guys, he's already got DRC and Prince and that's probably the best corner tandem the Giants have had since 1990. We need safeties, no doubt tbough.

I think Kennard and DaMontre Moore are gonna be studs in Spags defense....JPP too.