SportsWrath

The Bills Trade to get Watkins

Nas

Sorry but I think it's fucking stupid to give up that much for one player and only to move up 5 spots:

Only time will tell. Buffalo has a solid defensive team and sucked on offense. They went all out last year for a QB they thought would light things up, but all he did was bounce balls off the hands of receivers. Their run game suffered because defenses didn't have to double team anyone. Watkins will force double coverage, which opens up everything else.

Buffalo doesn't have much to lose at this point. They're in a division with New England that literally owns their ass. I hope they get it together and knock Belichick/Brady off their high horse.

I was talking to a Bills fan about it today. He seems to have the impression that Watkins is the next Larry Fitzgerald.

I still do not see him being THAT much better then the next WR's on their draft board. I guess we will see, but if he does not equal an additional 5 wins or so next season, watching Cleveland use their top 10 draft pic again will be a kick in the frozen nards of all Bills fans.

The trade wasn't that far off of what the Giants did to get Manning.

If the team feels they're that close...that the one player would make a difference between doormat and playoffs...then by all means, go get them. But in their division, they're not close, no matter how much they think they are.

Well they got their guy and that is all that really matters, now lets see what they do with him and where they finish this season.

If I had to choose between Eric Ebron and Sammy Watkins, the deal is a no brainer.

They got the best WR in the draft for their second year franchise QB.

Watkins and Johnson are now probably one of the top WR duos in the league, if Watkins lives up to what all the experts say he will be.

They also got WR Mike Williams from the Buccs.

Watkins is a great player, butif you are the Bills, you are more than one great player away from dethroning the Pats and more than one year away as well. And now you've forfeited your 2015 first rounder. Consider the Rams in this draft. They came away with the best LT in this draft (and probably last year's as well), AND the best DT in this draft by far. The Rams are huge winners in this draft, and the Bills missed out on the big picture yet again.

Watkins is a great player, butif you are the Bills, you are more than one great player away from dethroning the Pats and more than one year away as well. And now you've forfeited your 2015 first rounder. Consider the Rams in this draft. They came away with the best LT in this draft (and probably last year's as well), AND the best DT in this draft by far. The Rams are huge winners in this draft, and the Bills missed out on the big picture yet again.

This us why I think giving up 2 first rounders for anything outside a franchise QB is stupid