SportsWrath

First Draft Grade - uh oh, they like the Giants' pick

BleedinBlue

I'm used to writers and analysts taking a healthy dump on the Giants.

But this morning's CBS Draft grades handed out only 3 A+'s and they are:

Houston: Jadeveon Clowney A+

Oakland: Khalil Mack A+

New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr A+

"Aside from Sammy Watkins, there may not be a more explosive deep threat in the draft than Beckham Jr. He's extremely quick off the line, can stop and start with suddenness, tracks the ball, has rare body control and utilizes huge, soft hands to secure the ball off his frame. He's also one of the most talented return men in this class, and will be a dynamic contributor from day one in New York to complement Victor Cruz. GRADE: A+

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24555102/nfl-draft-round-1-grades-for-every-pick

I keep reading about his return ability. If he's returning anything, at all, at any point...I'll be pissed. Demps and Holiday...they're the returners...not our brand new WR.

It'd be like a newly licensed driver taking a brand new shiny sports car on a 150 mph drive right off the car lot. Sure, it might come back in one piece, but probably not.

"Aside from Sammy Watkins, there may not be a more explosive deep threat in the draft than Beckham Jr. He's extremely quick off the line, can stop and start with suddenness, tracks the ball, has rare body control and utilizes huge, soft hands to secure the ball off his frame. He's also one of the most talented return men in this class, and will be a dynamic contributor from day one in New York to complement Victor Cruz. GRADE: A+

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24555102/nfl-draft-round-1-grades-for-every-pick

I better not see him returning kicks... bad vibe.

I keep reading about his return ability. If he's returning anything, at all, at any point...I'll be pissed. Demps and Holiday...they're the returners...not our brand new WR.

It'd be like a newly licensed driver taking a brand new shiny sports car on a 150 mph drive right off the car lot. Sure, it might come back in one piece, but probably not.

Yeah, hate when they did it with Wilson

yes exactly. if we didn't sign those guys i'd kinda get it but this is a top 12 1st round pick. there's no reason to put him in additional harms way

yes exactly. if we didn't sign those guys i'd kinda get it but this is a top 12 1st round pick. there's no reason to put him in additional harms way

I seriously doubt they have that in mind for him. They are looking for someone to take pressure off Cruz and give Eli an additional weapon that can change a game. No way they are going to have him getting his head taken off returning kicks.

I got a Rocky Thompson vibe on this one......fuck.

C>W agon

I seriously doubt they have that in mind for him. They are looking for someone to take pressure off Cruz and give Eli an additional weapon that can change a game. No way they are going to have him getting his head taken off returning kicks.

DeShawn Jackson was a threat to return kicks and catch passes... would not mind seeing that production for his first two seasons

The image of Jason Sehorn still haunts me to this day.

Yep. And I'll say it again...we brought in guys specifically for the purpose of returning kicks/punts. Getting Beckham in the return game is pointless.

holliday has 0 value if he isn't returning kicks. he'll be a wasted roster spot cuz he can't do anything else. besides, the guy is one of the best in football when he isn't fumbling

holliday has 0 value if he isn't returning kicks. he'll be a wasted roster spot cuz he can't do anything else. besides, the guy is one of the best in football when he isn't fumbling

Isn't that that kind of like saying "my car is really reliable, when it isn't broken down"?

Maybe getting a WR was the right choice. Below is a return on value by position by round. The sweet spot for WR is where the Giants drafted.

That's some nerdy shit right there lol.

Isn't that that kind of like saying "my car is really reliable, when it isn't broken down"?

pretty much. he's going to give us heart attacks all season but im so thirsty for a great kick returner after all these years that i'm willing to put up with it

That's some nerdy shit right there lol.

Im still trying to figure out what it is saying... is it, shutdown DB's are easy to spot and should be grabbed early? Dont First round draft tackle or DEs?

Im still trying to figure out what it is saying... is it, shutdown DB's are easy to spot and should be grabbed early? Dont First round draft tackle or DEs?

I guess that's what it's saying.. .but when in doubt draft a big body I guess.