SportsWrath

Giants Sign QB Rusty Smith

Mr. P

Smith, a camp arm to us...but if other teams think Nassib is available...I'm listening if I'm the Giants. Yeah, we got him in the 4th and I would gladly take a 4th this year for him. Nothing less.

You have to wonder.....maybe a perfectly healthy QB with one NFL training year under his belt could command a 3rd?

You have to wonder.....maybe a perfectly healthy QB with one NFL training year under his belt could command a 3rd?

Also a perfectly healthy QB who has 0 game experience and has had 0 opportunity to show much of anything to improve the status he had when he was drafted.

The question though is whether teams will even bother ranking Nassib against this year's draftable QBs. And if they do, is Nassib better than, say Bridgewater? What about Bortles, Carr, or Manziel? Even if he's no better than these 4...is Nassib better than the 5th ranked QB this year?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then theoretically Nassib would be worth a 2nd. Do I see a team giving up a 2nd for him...no. Reason being, I don't believe most teams are going to rank every player in the NFL in terms of trade value as part of their draft preparation and that includes a player that was drafted just last year. Now, maybe we got Nassib when another team had targeted him heavily and that team now wants to take a stab...but that team now, knowing Nassib went in the 4th, likely wouldn't trade anything higher than that.

Essentially, it seems to me that there are too many variables that just make it unlikely to happen. If it did though, and we got an extra 4th or better...I'd be good with that.

Yes... I'm sure with zero experience and a full six minutes of preseason time, NFL teams are scrambling to give up a 2nd for Nassib.

Remember, this is the guy who couldn't beat out Curtis Painter.

If they wanted him last year, missed out, and aren't in love with any of the guys in this year's draft...if I'm that team...I'd throw a 3rd or 4th the Giants' way...but I doubt he's traded at all so it's pretty much a moot point.

But if we were to get a 4th for him (Nassib), aren't we just getting what we paid. I think the Giants may pull the trigger only if they get a 3rd rounder otherwise he's in our long term plans.

Yes... I'm sure with zero experience and a full six minutes of preseason time, NFL teams are scrambling to give up a 2nd for Nassib.

Remember, this is the guy who couldn't beat out Curtis Painter.

This and I don't understand all the hype about him myself, haven't really seen much of him.

But if we were to get a 4th for him (Nassib), aren't we just getting what we paid. I think the Giants may pull the trigger only if they get a 3rd rounder otherwise he's in our long term plans.

we'd be getting less cuz we traded a 6th to move up in the 4th round to take him