SportsWrath

Nicks doesn't deserve big money

JMFP

At the current moment, I dont think anyone on this team deserves more then practice squad pay.

Just to think the Giants are gonna be in cap hell for the next couple seasons, should make for some fun.

It speaks to how badly Reese has fucked this team up.

Just knowing Betty is our "franchise" left tackle makes me want to hurl

It speaks to how badly Reese has fucked this team up.

Just knowing Betty is our "franchise" left tackle makes me want to hurl

Yep.

He's great at getting us the one-year wonders like JPP and Hakeem Nicks but the bottom half of his drafts fucking blow every year... and he sure as hell hasn't gotten us a Strahan, an Eli... hell, an Osi Umenyiora. A David Fucking Deihl. I think Reese has one more year to prove himself or he'll be gone too. I mean seriously... Brewer? Robinson? Every 3rd round pick? Reese has been living off Accorsi's coattails and one decent draft for the past six years.

Tree im just as furious with Manning but I still give him the benefit of the doubt because he has made some seriously huge plays for this organization. HUGE. This season was a failure because of the offense as a whole. Now if Manning throws another 25+ int's next year and we don't win 10 games, then I would start to really question his future with the Giants.

Tree im just as furious with Manning but I still give him the benefit of the doubt because he has made some seriously huge plays for this organization. HUGE. This season was a failure because of the offense as a whole. Now if Manning throws another 25+ int's next year and we don't win 10 games, then I would start to really question his future with the Giants.

Eli has had a very good, though very inconsistent career, but I think we've seen his best years. He's making rookie errors all season long, not playing like a savvy 10 year vet. He's been terrible all year and is costing us games.

Glad to see this thread, if it weren't here already I would have started it.

Talking about better QB play....well, if you tell me our top wide receiver has one on one coverage, I have absolutely no problem with the QB putting up a deep jump ball... that should be an incompletion or a catch by our guy. I really hope nobody is trying to say that Hicks' effort on that Sherman INT was NFL quality effort. It was not the best throw, but it was in the box for his guy to make a play... and Nicks didn't even try. He's once had the best push-off in the business...and he couldn't even be bothered with an OPI.

On the second INT in Hicks' direction, we saw a subpar throw and a wide receiver make no effort to wall off the defender.

Have a nice career in Carolina, Hicks. If this is the kind of effort he puts in, I don't want him back. Nor can I be bothered to spell his name correctly.

he will get paid. he's 25 and has an indisputable proven track record as a #1 wr.

front offices around the league know what they're looking at when they watch the games and see what an utter mess the offensive line and qb are

carolina is in cap hell, not sure why you guys keep regurgitating that

he will get paid. he's 25 and has an indisputable proven track record as a #1 wr.

front offices around the league know what they're looking at when they watch the games and see what an utter mess the offensive line and qb are

LaFell has been good for them anyway. They need to draft a wideout to replace Smith eventually.

because some of us don't follow the caps for teams nobody really cares about. :P

but really, I think Hicks just wants out... he didn't seem to care yesterday, thats for sure. And I think he'll take less to go home. If thats what matters to him, more power to him, I hope it works out.... just so long as it isn't at the Giants expense.

Hicks is a hell of a player when he wants it, but I felt like I was seeing Plaxico Burress at his worst yesterday. Indisputable number 1 receivers don't show pure indifference out there.

the team has nothing to play for, if you want to hold that against him at this point then i understand. on the other hand i can pretty much see where he's coming from. he delivers a superbowl, doesn't get an extension, he starts the season by lighting up tampa, gets his foot stepped on on a dirty play, misses a couple of games, then plays out the rest of the season on one leg despite the fact that he was entering a contract season. the giants reward him by paying the dancer who doesn't put up pro bowl numbers without a healthy nicks on the field instead and saying "prove yourself". then they stop throwing the ball to him because the decision had already been made not to bring him back so let's get randle ready for next season.

so now yesterday the giants are getting dominated in a meaningless game, the entire offense was playing "get off the field" by the end of the 1st quarter. the line and qb were terrible. but we're gonna beat up nicks on his effort for not breaking up intercepted balls that shouldn't have been thrown/were badly thrown?

i don't think a guy who isn't trying is putting up 135 yards on a san diego defense that killed denver's pass attack in denver 4 days later. he's in a contract year, nobody stops trying in a contract year.

LaFell has been good for them anyway. They need to draft a wideout to replace Smith eventually.

yeah they need to give him a contract and hardy, gross, munnerlin, ginn are all free agents as well. they're already over 100 mil for next season before having to sign one or more of these guys thanks to those awful contracts for williams and stewart.

Herc, one on one coverage, deep down the sideline, to a supposedly #1 level receiver... in what universe is that not a quality decision by the QB? The Giants offense is built around getting that match up and taking those shots. It doesn't work if the intended receiver decides to think of himself as a spectator.

The second pick in Hicks direction, which was behind him, was obviously not a good throw. But it was also poor effort by the receiver... it shouldn't have been a pick, should have been a catch for a short gain. Receiver 101... come back to the ball and catch it at the nearest point to the QB...and heaven forbid you should be bothered to break stride! If Hicks slows to get a good position on that ball, its probably a DPI. (Hell of a play by the defensive player though.)

The fact that its a contract year is what blows my mind about Hicks effort yesterday. If he's locked up long term, the team is playing for nothing, if he had the cred to to go half-assed for a game....then its all good.

I'm riding the guy pretty hard... but I'm sort of glad he sucked yesterday if only because he helped put himself back in the Giants price range.

Herc, one on one coverage, deep down the sideline, to a supposedly #1 level receiver... in what universe is that not a quality decision by the QB? The Giants offense is built around getting that match up and taking those shots. It doesn't work if the intended receiver decides to think of himself as a spectator.

The second pick in Hicks direction, which was behind him, was obviously not a good throw. But it was also poor effort by the receiver... it shouldn't have been a pick, should have been a catch for a short gain. Receiver 101... come back to the ball and catch it at the nearest point to the QB...and heaven forbid you should be bothered to break stride! If Hicks slows to get a good position on that ball, its probably a DPI. (Hell of a play by the defensive player though.)

The fact that its a contract year is what blows my mind about Hicks effort yesterday. If he's locked up long term, the team is playing for nothing, if he had the cred to to go half-assed for a game....then its all good.

I'm riding the guy pretty hard... but I'm sort of glad he sucked yesterday if only because he helped put himself back in the Giants price range.

I want a guy with fire in his belly. Besides we're not really sure Nicks can ever get back to being what he showed the first 2 years... who knows the extent of his injuries with being out of shape... Here's how I see it... the FO can allocation #1 WR money... now looking at FA, Nicks, and the draft, we can pick and choose.. but Nicks is def not worth a Brandon Marshall Type... at this point not even a Victor Cruz.

i know it looks easy watching slow motion replays but it's not physically possible to run one way, change directions on a dime and move your momentum in the opposite direction to break up an interception thrown behind you all in 1-2 seconds.

sherman (all-pro, best in the league) did a great job on nicks yesterday. there's a reason nobody throws in his direction, except the giants. and there's a reason eli has 25 interceptions.

71 catches, 798 yards, 11.2 ypc on 158 targets. bad season right? that's larry fitzgerald last year with a bad qb and o-line, and they actually threw the ball to him a lot.