SportsWrath

Bring in Kubiak as OC

JMFP

I mean...shouldn't you always game plan that way? Not that I love Gilbride..but I think you could do alot worse.

no your game plan should involve schemes to get guys open. Not just line up and hope your guy will get open.

I know people love Gilbride, but the offense is so inconsistent with this guy. Bring in a new OC and see what he can do with our offensive weapons. We have talent, not sure why it's not utilized.

I'm now convinced that Gilbride's system works awesome when it has awesome talent doing everything awesomely.

Sure, in theory, the idea of hitting 40+ yard bombs every single fucking drive gives me wood.

However, how realistic is that, given the calibre of talent that Reese is bringing in?

This appears to be a very dumb roster, and Gilbride's system magnifies every mistake.

This team needs a coordinator and a system that relies on running routes properly, not having to play "guess which way the receiver will cut" on every fucking play.

They also need to turn this into a running team, which is what Kubiak did in Denver.

Why not? They fired Hufnagle, Coughlin stayed. They fired Tim Lewis, Coughlin stayed. They fired Bill Sheridan, Coughlin stayed. There is organizational precedent.

Agreed.

I don't know the answer to this, but how many coordinators have the Patriots had under Belichick?

My fear is that poor work by the GM and our coordinators are sinking a franchise that Coughlin and Eli had guided to 2 Super Bowls.

I know people love Gilbride, but the offense is so inconsistent with this guy. Bring in a new OC and see what he can do with our offensive weapons. We have talent, not sure why it's not utilized.

Who loves Gilbride?

Agreed.

I don't know the answer to this, but how many coordinators have the Patriots had under Belichick?

My fear is that poor work by the GM and our coordinators are sinking a franchise that Coughlin and Eli had guided to 2 Super Bowls.

Eli isn't without blame Joe... He fucking sucks this year ... He's always thrown a lot of INTs...

Agreed.

There's been a lot of co-ordinators under Belicheck becasue they've been hired elsewhere. If 4-5 of your co-ordinators take a bullet for poor performance the HC has to be under extreme scrutiny too. Coughlin hired most of those guys.

There's been a lot of co-ordinators under Belicheck becasue they've been hired elsewhere. If 4-5 of your co-ordinators take a bullet for poor performance the HC has to be under extreme scrutiny too. Coughlin hired most of those guys.

And we lost Spags soon after and settled for mediocre thereafter. Coughlin's resume in hiring coordinators leaves a lot to be desired.... It's almost like he's afraid to hire talent ... Some people are that insecure.

My guess is that we might somehow scramble our way to 7-9 and nobody will get fired.

However .....if Reese then has a poor draft and we have another shit season .....everybody goes next year and we clean house.( including TC )

If they open up next season with Gilbride as the OC, I'm not going to watch.

Wizenhunt (sp?) is looking for work and honestly, that dude is one hell of an OC

That's true. I'd like to see what he can bring to the table... milked some good seasons out of washed-up Kurt Warner.

But we all know what's going to happen... if Gilly goes, we're getting Mike Sullivan... even though he was a good QB coach for Eli, he doesn't look like an NFL-caliber coordinator.