SportsWrath

Hi Guys- Sorry Ive been away so long

JackStroud

Who would have thought we'd be 2 games out with an 0-6 start

I have a theory about the bad start.

I saw the force feeding of David Wilson into the backfield as the major reason for the debacle.

He cannot get yds on 1st and 2nd down and is possibly the worst blocker we have ever had in the Giants backfield

That had the Domino effect of leaving Eli extremely handicapped with a ton of 3rd and longs and absolutely no faith in Wilson picking up a Blitz

Always playing for long 1st downs and usually behind on the scoreboard with the early weak D we had (see the BC Grad in the middle lber spot- clueless and slow), Eli became a human basket case, Also getting the totally useless Baas off the team (IR) and JPP working back into shape, getting Beason in there has stiffened our D to one of the best in the NFL.....We were supposed to be an O team but we have morphed back into a D team.......those monsters we have at DT are a large part of that.

I predicted that once Wilson was taken out, things would turn around, and they have........big time

With Andre Brown returning after the bye week we can begin to score inside the red zone and is 8 in a row possible- yes, but not probable.

Also I like Hillis a lot.........we have not had a bruiser back there like him since Alex Webster........BJ is a bruiser but has a bad habit of hesitation. Hillis never hesitates. Must be an awful great student of the game to get off the couch and perform as he has.....almost mistake free. :F-U:

9-7 might do the trick though.

At least my mood has lifted and as we know with the Giants, anything is possible (positive and negative)

Thanks Guys..........what is the mood of the board. Does anyone think we have a shot now?

I had to laugh when I saw The Eagles and Skins effectively lost their starting QBs and Matt Stafford pull off a Roger Staubach like come back.........

All of our opponents are in total disarray, just as we get the Bye and Andre Brown and 2 inspirational wins........oh My how the worm has turned

The mighty Cowboys are 4-4 LOL

On paper we were the best team going into this season........now we are playing like the best of the 4. FINALLY

I love the new Oline, Hillis, Our DTs, the Coaches finally changing game plans and making good calls, Eli regaining form........its all coming together with not minute to spare.

Most of all the team is now playing with fire and confidence.

yeah when you think about it all we have to do is beat them and hope someone else does too to pull even

This reminds me of one of those long long skull boat races where the boats trade leads constantly. Dallas is still the team to beat but they are far far from unbeatable.

We have once again proved an age old football adage- Run the ball and stop the run and you usually come out on top.

good to see you back again Jack ........have you been banned from the Giants.com boards again ?

No but I did get a short suspension.....I was typing on my ipad and the spell checker turned Gayne into Gayness in the topic bar.

I didn't catch it and got suspended. They have a low tolerance for anything like that.

Plus I think they got tired of me telling them David Wilson sucked, and then having my remarks validated

Once he left the scene we were able to pass block and run the ball consistently. They are absolutely in love with Wilson on the GMB.

My topic was "Wilson for no Ganye" LOL ........... I looked up Rocky Thompson's old stats and he was actually slightly statistically better than Wilson.

I saw the force feeding of David Wilson into the backfield as the major reason for the debacle.

He cannot get yds on 1st and 2nd down and is possibly the worst blocker we have ever had in the Giants backfield

That had the Domino effect of leaving Eli extremely handicapped with a ton of 3rd and longs and absolutely no faith in Wilson picking up a Blitz

Always playing for long 1st downs and usually behind on the scoreboard with the early weak D we had (see the BC Grad in the middle lber spot- clueless and slow), Eli became a human basket case, Also getting the totally useless Baas off the team (IR) and JPP working back into shape, getting Beason in there has stiffened our D to one of the best in the NFL.....We were supposed to be an O team but we have morphed back into a D team.......those monsters we have at DT are a large part of that.

I predicted that once Wilson was taken out, things would turn around, and they have........big time

With Andre Brown returning after the bye week we can begin to score inside the red zone and is 8 in a row possible- yes, but not probable.

Also I like Hillis a lot.........we have not had a bruiser back there like him since Alex Webster........BJ is a bruiser but has a bad habit of hesitation. Hillis never hesitates. Must be an awful great student of the game to get off the couch and perform as he has.....almost mistake free. :F-U:

At least my mood has lifted and as we know with the Giants, anything is possible (positive and negative)

A well reasoned and thought out post... I agree with everything you wrote except the giving up on Wilson. The kid is a home run hitter being asked to bunt and be a scrappy on base kind of guy. That is on the coaching staff not properly using his talents not so much on him.

Yeah like make him a slot receiver to back up Cruz.........I agree he looks good in space

there is no space in a regular pro set backfield......they insisted an tried an tried to fit a square peg in a round hole

obviously the rocky Thompson coaching staff had a lot more brains, and less stubbornness

I doubt Wilson will play again this year....there is no need and he risks serious permanent injury

Jack , we have missed your in depth analysis and level, balanced mind around here ..... I knew that some ingredient had been missing recently on Sportswrath .....and now it has returned ...I feel complete

hmmmm I don't know if you are being serious or sarcastic but I missed you guys too

GMB has one sane Moderator- Roanoke and a board full of yahoos........Well YA Title is a good poster too.....and a Mod

JackStroud, on 28 Oct 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

snapback.png

A well reasoned and thought out post... I agree with everything you wrote except the giving up on Wilson. The kid is a home run hitter being asked to bunt and be a scrappy on base kind of guy. That is on the coaching staff not properly using his talents not so much on him.

WOW things have really Changed

We used to have a trio long ago they called the Baby Bulls- Tucker Fredrickson and two other beefy RBs, one was Ernie Koy......I forgot the other guys name.....they played our games at Yankee Stadium then and you could scalp a ticket out on the street for $20

Those three punished people.

BJ, Hillis, Brown and Cox, and Conner........No lightweights in that group....Brown is probably the smallest but he plays downhill, and seems bigger than he is.

We went from the worst RB tandem to the best through injuries and free agents......who knew? I'd put those guys up against any 5 RBs in the league right now and would not trade even up.

Sometimes you have to go through change and hard times to sharpen your Sword.........Its Hillarious watching the best Runners in the league going up against our front 7 right now and avg 2 yds per carry.

We used to have a trio long ago they called the Baby Bulls- Tucker Fredrickson and two other beefy RBs, one was Ernie Koy......I forgot the other guys name.....they played our games at Giants Stadium then and you could scalp a ticket out on the street for $20

Those three punished people.

BJ, Hillis, Brown and Cox, and Conner........No lightweights in that group....Brown is probably the smallest but he plays downhill, and seem bigger than he is.

We went from the worst RB tandem to the best through injuries and free agents......who knew? I'd put those guys up against any 5 RBs in the league right now and would not trade even up.

Sometimes you have to go through change and hard times to sharpen your Sword.........Its Hillarious watching the best Runners in the league going up against our front 7 right now and avg 2 yds per carry.

Steve Thurlow, I think?

I might want to look over a few NFL rosters before going that far.

Welcome back, Jack.

Yeah I meant to say Yankee Stadium

These were the Baby Bulls

I believe 2 of them were Tucker Fredrickson and Steve Thurlow.

The others were:

Ernie Koy

Chuck Mercein

Ernie Weelright

Smith Reed

I remember the rotation as Fredrickson, Koy and Mercein

Fredrickson hit with a ferocious impact........I remember Jim Brown saying anyone who ran that hard would get injured, and Brown proved a prophet

Fredrickson blew out his knee and was never the same

That's what got me.. great argument... but Wilson is not the problem... Cheerleader and his fucking "doghouse" played a huge part in suppressing any development the kid could have had..

Welcome back, Jack.

Ok Wilson is the 8th Block of Granite and he's money on 1st and 2nd downs

LOL Give me a break Nas........but thanks for the welcome

I'm feeling pretty secure that Wilson, Baas are done for the year, and I wont have to watch Ol Iron Pants try to prove that a college scat back can be a feature RB for the Giants til next year.......hopefully we win another Trophy and the Ol Goat retires

Stubbornness is Coughlin's middle name